• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Uh-oh—looks like I spoke too soon. Just received a follow-up from Walmart:

We have run out of items in your order, and these items will be delayed.

We're working with our suppliers to get you these items as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as we know when your order will be ready.

Any items that are unavailable to be shipped in the next 28 days will be automatically cancelled from your order.

Well then: queuing at TRU it is.

Kade

What the fuck, Wal-Mart...
FbqNdjF.png

MarkusRJR

Late 35ish minutes, credit card errors, and now cancellations? It was available for sub-30 seconds for Jigglypuff and 1 minute for Lucina/Robin.

Is this a new record in Amiibo awfulness?

What the hell?! So on the off chance you did get an order in it's probably being cancelled /facepalm

I'm so close to just canning all my wave 4 pre-orders and calling it quits....

Edit: oh nice there's suddenly a bunch of new auctions on ebay for $65 Jigglypuffs... fml

ahdurian

Ondore

What gets me is that I *had* Jigglypuff in the cart. I was checking out before their system screwed up, and now I lost it?

FOCKING BOOOLSHEEIT!

levyjl1988

Banned
I preordered Lucina and Robin.
I just received an e-mail for Out of Stock Robin.

Will Walmart try their best to supply this for people who preordered? I mean we have until the 29th right? They can take away from store stock to fulfill these online preorders right?

Good they didn't touch my waifuu Lucina. I can't lose her.

Harusame

I got an order through for jigglypuff along with an email confirmation, but shortly after recieved a backorder delay. I will stay optimistic though.

Zing

Banned
This has to be all on Walmart. Nintendo should be frustrated with Walmart making them look bad by posting a token number of preorders.

Did anyone not get a back order notice?

ahdurian

This has to be all on Walmart. Nintendo should be frustrated with Walmart making them look bad by posting a token number of preorders.

Did anyone not get a back order notice?

i'm probably jinxing it by saying this, but I didn't get any backorders

levyjl1988

Banned
Now the question is:

Will Walmart be able to fulfill the backorders on amiibo preorders?

There's 15 days for Walmart to allocate stock from stores to their distribution center.
Surely online preorders should get first priority.

I found out why everything sold out so fast.

I had a Jigglypuff preordred on April 24th off Walmart.ca and I got the delayed email too. I called them when they announced the May 15th preorders and said that all delayed ones will be fulfilled with the stock going up today.

Low and behold my Jigglypuff is now Order in Progress on my profile on their site instead of Backordered.

So anyone with that email had theirs fulfilled today and that likely took a lot of stock right off the bat.

Anyone else luck out like this?

Harusame

I found out why everything sold out so fast.

I had a Jigglypuff preordred on April 24th off Walmart.ca and I got the delayed email too. I called them when they announced the May 15th preorders and said that all delayed ones will be fulfilled with the stock going up today.

Low and behold my Jigglypuff is now Order in Progress on my profile on their site instead of Backordered.

So anyone with that email had theirs fulfilled today and that likely took a lot of stock right off the bat.

Anyone else luck out like this?
Double checked my order on the Jigglypuff that I ordered today and it says Order in Progress

Double checked my order on the Jigglypuff that I ordered today and it says Order in Progress

If you didn't get a delayed email about the "if we don't have it in the next 28 days it will be cancelled" thing then you're fine.

What I am talking about are previous pre-orders before today's.

I ordered a Jigglypuff when it went up last on Wal Mart Canada's website on April 24th, but got one of those delayed emails right after.

When talking to their customer service after hearing about today's pre-orders when they were announced 2 weeks ago they said that any orders that had been back ordered before will be fullfilled with the May 15th (today's) stock.

I was highly doubtful at first, but sure enough my order from April 24th changed from "Backordered" to "Order in Progress" today shortly after the pre-orders went live and I called them to confirm.

This is likely why the pre-orders dissapeared so quickly as many people got these emails from the previous pre-order waves. So immediately a huge amount of stock was taken for these backordered pre-orders.

Hurray!

stolin

I ordered a Jigglypuff when it went up last on Wal Mart Canada's website on April 24th, but got one of those delayed emails right after.
I was highly doubtful at first, but sure enough my order from April 24th changed from "Backordered" to "Order in Progress" today shortly after the pre-orders went live and I called them to confirm.

Same with my initial Jigglypuff order, it's now "Order in Progress". It may have been changed before today since I never re-checked it.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Hopefully you guys had some luck this morning. Was ready to go at 9am, but Walmart took their sweet time. Once they started popping up my boss called me for an impromptu meeting. Missed everything again! Although I'm glad I didn't have to experience them selling out in the blink of an eye while at my computer.

Maximus.

Fuck this amiibo shit, really.

I'm done with this, it's beyond ridiculous now.

I miss the days when we could preorder well in advance and there was only a mad scramble if you missed the month or so window of preordering what you wanted :( This sold out in 5-10 minutes shit is ridiculous. This wave I have only secured like half the Amiibos I want. Going down the line there are a couple I really want and hope they are especially not retailer exclusives.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Even though WM sent me an email that they cancelled my second Jiggly that was in an order by itself I noticed it's still fine on their site. Does their site suck or am I still getting that second Jiggly?

Koppee

Neo Member
Had an order for a Silver Mario from The Source around noon ish today, it went through and all but around 10 mins later I get an email saying that it has been backordered

le sigh

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Even though WM sent me an email that they cancelled my second Jiggly that was in an order by itself I noticed it's still fine on their site. Does their site suck or am I still getting that second Jiggly?

So you're saying there's a chance..

Sora_N

According to a reddit user who works at TRU, most stores will get at least 60 greninja.

I would be really surprised if it's true but who knows...

Good. It will be easier to trade then.

It would cost me more to skip work than buy from a scalper if I had to lol.

mugwhump

The splatoon 3-pack is on indigo.ca, and get this, it's $15. Guessing they fucked up?

I ordered, but I wonder if they'll cancel.

The splatoon 3-pack is on indigo.ca, and get this, it's $15. Guessing they fucked up?

I ordered, but I wonder if they'll cancel.

Just put an order in for one also, plus the 20% off with Visa Checkout is eligible (though I did pay the $5 for shipping).

Hopefully we luck out.

I didn't use Visa Checkout because if they cancel it I'll likely lose the promo.

Order 2 for free shipping or just ship to store.

When an item is shipped to the store, do you pick it up in a box, or just get the item itself?

Also, just tried it, apparently the promo works more than once.

zroid

Banned
I'll go with the VISA checkout, wasn't going to use it on anything else anyways

uhhh I can't seem to proceed with VISA checkout... strange... bugged out or something

Top Bottom