• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Kilvin

Holy crap my Rosalina from EB Games that shipped last night is already in transit... Too bad I'm going to miss it.

I'm going to get my Rosie before the Sheik I ordered from Walmart. Ca last week... Lol

Gotta say...I'm a little worried.

RE: Rosalina. Did anyone else confirm this?

RE: The fact that Lucario was up that long... And people were able to add him and he's now not showing.

SERIOUSLY...how hard could this be? Disney's doing it. Activision is doing it. Nintendo can't get their shit together. How much money are they leaving on the table with this? It's crazy.

Nintendo of America, Inc. just does not have a good supply chain system in place.

See: Wii. New Super Mario Bros. Wii. amiibo. Gamecube Controller Adapter. etc.

Disney sells a lot of merchandise and just have a superior supply chain system as a result. Activision-Blizzard probably got some systems in place from the days they were owned by Viacom(?).

Renewed

Seriously. Lucario's still in my cart. No "Sorry. This item is unavailable. Please remove from cart."

This is gonna be stupid if I go through with this to get it removed from my order.

6XMYPS7.png

Maddog

Seriously. Lucario's still in my cart. No "Sorry. This item is unavailable. Please remove from cart."

This is gonna be stupid if I go through with this to get it removed from my order.

Add another Amiibo and add the cineplex code for $10 off.

Just to be clear, I can return the Pikachu amiibo from the Toys R Us order back to a store for a full refund, and keep my Lucario, and effectively get free shipping right? Because this is how it works at BestBuy/FutureShop.

Sora_N

Just to be clear, I can return the Pikachu amiibo from the Toys R Us order back to a store for a full refund, and keep my Lucario, and effectively get free shipping right? Because this is how it works at BestBuy/FutureShop.

Yes. If you paid PayPal its gift card though.

Hmmm never received a confirmation email from toys r us, just one from paypal indicating I sent money. And obviously, I closed the page before writing down the order number. Hope it goes through...

espher

So, I called TRU up and noted that I had two problems: a) first order only included one of two items, and not both; b) both orders had ridic shipping charges.

CSR was pleasant and basically said "well, you know, shipping costs from the provider went up over the holidays, we heard lots of complaints", offered to apply promo that was not applied to my second order (basically $20 off the $40 shipping). Also said she could cancel my first order and re-place it with the missing item added -- when I advised one item was no longer in stock, noted that it wasn't an option.

I told her the shipping costs made no sense for ground shipping (via Purolator), and she asked how far out of the city I was. I said I am in the city. She seemed to take a "well, that's what the system says, so that's that" angle a bit. I popped on the site, punched on my parents' address, shipping charge was quoted correctly. Punched in mine, now it was showing $38 on the 'review' page (before confirm). Told her this. She offered to put in a re-route to the new address. I asked if this would change shipping costs. She said no. I said the site shows a lower shipping rate. She then offered to request that in the re-route and did that up. She advised me she put in a request for a re-route and then for a credit on the second. I asked if she put the re-route in on both or just the first (1 item) order, b/c if it was on both I would correctly get free shipping on the second. She hadn't but went and added that in.

So now I have two tickets open -- one for re-routing two items w/ a shipping cost adjustment, and one for a $20 credit to $38 shipping on my second order (which came with a Pikachu I don't really need but can probably return/flip) -- and no guarantee they will "correct" the shipping charges. If they re-route, I won't be notified about it by phone (??) and the order online won't reflect the change (???), but I at least have a ref number to call back on. If they issue the credit, presumably they'll be contacting me, because the CSR asked for contact numbers.

Good grief.

espher

Regular free shipping with Toys"R"Us is Canada Post or Purolator? They say they use both on the website.

CSR when I called said it could be either, couldn't tell me specifically. :/ I'm assuming Purolator, though.

Finally just got my e-mail invoice/receipt for the 1st order lol.

evanmisha

I got an order in at FS. No other item and I bit the shipping cost. Extremely quick with my order. Did not ship, shows out of stock.

jholmes

I never even got the email. More like Lies R Us, right? How could you do this, Emma?

Ehh I was sleeping anyway and the whole reason I was looking was to grab it at like 3 a.m. when dude was sleeping so whatever.

Kilvin

Damn my depot won't be open again until Monday :(

If I run home on my lunch and leave the purolator driver a note do you think they'll do it?

Raptomex

Still waiting on Bowser and Toon Link via Amazon. Bowser shipped already. My friend picked up Rosalina for me the other day and got me Sheik today. I'm kind of excited.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Damn my depot won't be open again until Monday :(

If I run home on my lunch and leave the purolator driver a note to leave it in the porch do you think they'll do it?

No, you need to get a tag that says that you are okay with safe drop since it clears them of any legal viability issues. Either that, or you sign the tracking slip that they leave.

I'm wondering if it's possible that they only had part of their shipment to send out?
Guys, please don't give me hope for FS Rosalina. I am already in the acceptance phase and don't want to go back to anger. :(

Ok well...

Just got off the phone with TRU regarding the cineplex code that didn't apply. They've gone ahead and credited my account the $10. So that settles that at least.

Banned
Hey TRU, remember that notification email I signed up for to be notified when Lucario was available? What was the point of that if you don't even send me one?

They did put a date on it so when their stock is not in at that date, it goes to out of stock. Happens to me often and I always receive my items. Usually I would not worry at all but one person in the topic had a shipping confirmation so they did receive stocks. I think that the dream is dead...

Yeah that's been mentioned a couple of times now so HOPEFULLY...it's fine. I thought maybe they only had a partial order in and some of those went out but the rest of us are waiting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah that's been mentioned a couple of times now so HOPEFULLY...it's fine. I thought maybe they only had a partial order in and some of those went out but the rest of us are waiting.

The Out of Stock thing usually happens with Japanese games, because those get short stocked and they need to wait for more to come in.

With Rosalina though, there's probably no chance that Nintendo will resupply. So if people are getting theirs shipped out, then we're all SOL.

Maybe the Vancouver warehouse received stock?

The one gaffer who received a shipping confirmation was in Vancouver.

Top Bottom