• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

OK... I really want to see Whiplash and it's only playing in Waterloo (nearby), so I think I'm going to brave the forecasted freezing rain and make the one hour drive.... And pick up a Fox at FS while I'm there...

Brian★;151135325 said:
the reason why your shulks and rosalinas are getting stolen is because of a scalper.
https://twitter.com/mariotehplumber/status/564138816681050112

Contact EBGames Canada, Best Buy Canada, Walmart Canada and more.

EBGames Canada -
Phone - 1-877-442-6303
Email - help@ebgames.ca

Best Buy Canada -
Phone - 1-866-237-8289
Email - https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/secure/contact-us.aspx

Walmart Canada -
Phone - 1-800-328-0402
Email - http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/contact-us/online-shopping

With this, we can all make a change.
Suggest 1 Amiibo per order (blah, blah).

So he didn't stop at Rosie?

From those pics on his twitter...

87 Rosie
30 Ike
9 Shulks
25 Lucario
42 Falcon

192 Amiibo x $14 (less taxes) = $2702 invested.

If he flips them 192 x $50 = $9600

He's not angry. He's greedy and trying to take advantage of a situation that Nintendo and retailers have created.

So has anyone ordered shulk from play asia? Mine still hasn't shipped and its been a week since it was released on the website. They did charge me when I preordered it. :/

So he didn't stop at Rosie?

From those pics on his twitter...

87 Rosie
30 Ike
9 Shulks
25 Lucario
42 Falcon

192 Amiibo x $14 (less taxes) = $2702 invested.

If he flips them 192 x $50 = $9600

He's not angry. He's greedy and trying to take advantage of a situation that Nintendo and retailers have created.

As much as I would like to tweet angrily at this aspergers case, that's just giving him the attention he craves.

Seriously though, fuck this guy, fucking Nintendo and fuck their fucked supply chain.

Will EB have stock when they open or do I have to wait until a random time for a chance to be at the right place at the right time?

Will EB have stock when they open or do I have to wait until a random time for a chance to be at the right place at the right time?

For Sonic and Mega Man?

They will have them tomorrow but they were sent from the warehouse to stores on Friday and they don't get shipments over the weekend.

Call your store tomorrow to find out when their daily shipment arrives and be there 30 minutes earlier than the time they give you.

EB said MOST stores will have extra, not all of them.

N° 2048

That what I was wondering, really want to get a Megaman for my little brother but I don't have all day to dedicate to finding it...

edit: Thanks for the info Byron Bluth

That what I was wondering, really want to get a Megaman for my little brother but I don't have all day to dedicate to finding it...

edit: Thanks for the info Byron Bluth

No problem!

Wave 2 was great because EB paid extra for 9:30am shipments for Christmas. So their delivery would be there before they opened at 10am. So I just went before opening to get my Wave 2 figures for Wave 2A and 2B. Now that it's not holiday shopping anymore their delivery times are different for all stores but each store gets their delivery at the same time everyday.

In my city one gets their shipment at 10:30am and the other at 3:30pm right now.

They can tell you what's in their shipping log as soon as they open tomorrow. That info is updated as soon as they log into their network for the day.

jholmes

Brian★;151135325 said:
the reason why your shulks and rosalinas are getting stolen is because of a scalper.
https://twitter.com/mariotehplumber/status/564138816681050112

Contact EBGames Canada, Best Buy Canada, Walmart Canada and more.

EBGames Canada -
Phone - 1-877-442-6303
Email - help@ebgames.ca

Best Buy Canada -
Phone - 1-866-237-8289
Email - https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/secure/contact-us.aspx

Walmart Canada -
Phone - 1-800-328-0402
Email - http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/contact-us/online-shopping

With this, we can all make a change.
Suggest 1 Amiibo per order (blah, blah).

Or better yet they can blacklist this guy. Frankly telling him he's not allowed to buy more would do him good.

mdubs

Banned
Or better yet they can blacklist this guy. Frankly telling him he's not allowed to buy more would do him good.

Really I'm just amazed that he was able to get that many, I mean how on earth was he able to get that many Rosalina's considering Target was not taking preorders here for her.

As much as I would like to tweet angrily at this aspergers case, that's just giving him the attention he craves.

Seriously though, fuck this guy, fucking Nintendo and fuck their fucked supply chain.

The guy needs work to be a decent human being (no question), but be better then to group him with people that have a disability.

What the fuck is the point of having an internal inventory and online store stock checker if when I go there, they don't have shit?

Wasted my entire morning.

What the fuck is the point of having an internal inventory and online store stock checker if when I go there, they don't have shit?

Always call in advance.

Most online stock checkers are updated once the store opens and then not until the next day. So if you were checking before the store opened you would be seeing yesterday's stock.

No online stock checker has been built with Amiibo demand hahaha

Always call in advance.

Most online stock checkers are updated once the store opens and then not until the next day. So if you were checking before the store opened you would be seeing yesterday's stock.

No online stock checker has been built with Amiibo demand hahaha
No, in one instance, I was inside the store with the stock checker saying it's in store.

They could just write an SQL job to match their instore database with their corporate databases every hour.

Which store? If it was Walmart, never EVER trust it. It's straight out wrong. Ike, DDD, Bowser, and Sheik are all listed as Not Sold In Stores which is completely untrue.

No, in one instance, I was inside the store with the stock checker saying it's in store.

They could just write an SQL job to match their instore database with their corporate databases every hour.

Well shit. Like the staff was checking the stock through their inventory or the online one too?

What were you after?

Which store? If it was Walmart, never EVER trust it. It's straight out wrong. Ike, DDD, Bowser, and Sheik are all listed as Not Sold In Stores which is completely untrue.
FutureShop, BestBuy, ToysRUs and EB Games.

Well shit. Like the staff was checking the stock through their inventory or the online one too?

What were you after?
Their internal (store) said 0. Online said it was the only location with stock, even after I got there. And it was Ike. The guy was nice enough to say he'd do his best to "reserve" some of the extras in tomorrow's shipment as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
read part 1. lost it at the mega mushroom part

qAXmvqC.png

Art.

hazukash

I pre-ordered Sheik from amazon back in December but it has yet to ship. Feb 6~12 is the estimated delivery date. Anyone else in this situation?

I pre-ordered Sheik from amazon back in December but it has yet to ship. Feb 6~12 is the estimated delivery date. Anyone else in this situation?

My friend had Shiek, Ike. Dedede, Bowser and Toon Link show up on Wednesday. His preorder was end of November however. Order was placed November 27th.

Likely fine.

DVCY201

I hope no one is buying from scalpers, especially mariotehplumber. If they don't get a return on their investment, they'll eventually leave.

But seriously, all those Ikes and Shulk? Like, why?

isny

napkin dispenser

I still have an extra Sheik and Toon Link. Just waiting for a Gaffer to take them at cost.

This amiibo shit is such a mess. Even the best selling amiibo (Link) is no where to be found.

I'm probably going to pick up a Yoshi and Kirby now before it's too late. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Diddy Kong can wait until later.

Also does anyone happen to have a spare Fox?

Quadratic

Got a Samus at a Best Buy today. Haven't seen her on a shelf in a long time. I guess someone returned it because the box was a bit dented in the corners.

Do people return Amiibos if the packaging isn't perfect?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So after finally getting to play The Wonderful 101, I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely need some W101 Amiibos. u_u

levyjl1988

Banned
When will amazon.ca have an expected release date for Rosalina amiibo? I ordered during the window of oppertunity. I'm not sure if they have shipped any yet. Futureshop, Best Buy, and EB Games (I think) already released theirs to customers online already.

GtwoK

Nice, EB just called to let me know I can pick up my second shulk tomorrow! :D

When will amazon.ca have an expected release date for Rosalina amiibo? I ordered during the window of oppertunity. I'm not sure if they have shipped any yet. Futureshop, Best Buy, and EB Games (I think) already released theirs to customers online already.

If you contact amazon they'll let you know it'll ship around end of february / beginning of march. They'll also give you priority shipping for some reason.

Kade

Anyone in Southern Ontario (Mainly Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge) have any luck finding Ike or is he not on shelves yet? I've got an extra Rosalina and Shulk in case things get desperate. I've completely given up on Lucario.

GtwoK

Anyone in Southern Ontario (Mainly Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge) have any luck finding Ike or is he not on shelves yet? I've got an extra Rosalina and Shulk in case things get desperate. I've completely given up on Lucario.

He was at TRU Kitchener a week ago, but everywhere else only had preorder stock.

I haven't seen Ike yet (still looking for him myself), but I might have an extra Lucario to trade for your Shulk if you're interested. I live in Brantford, but work in Waterloo. Send me a PM.

Spike

Does anyone with Mega Man ordered at Amazon.ca have a shipping date yet? Or does it still say they need a little more time to provide it?

I've had him on order since December 10th, and I used a gift card that I had for a while. I am starting to worry that I will miss out.

My Amazon order is in this exact situation. I emailed them and they basically told me it is back-ordered.

Shout-out to Sora_N for getting me a Sheik early this morning when it went up on Toys R Us. Tremendous help.

After the whole TRU no sleeping ordeal I bailed on the thread for a few days. However, I just found out that my parents spent an obscene amount of money to buy and send me a first party GC/WIIU adapter they bought on eBay.
Only found out because I texted them to let them know I was going to bite the bullet and get the Mayflash one that someone on here recommended.
I simultaneously am excited and feeling terrible about it, haha.

Does anyone with Mega Man ordered at Amazon.ca have a shipping date yet? Or does it still say they need a little more time to provide it?

I've had him on order since December 10th, and I used a gift card that I had for a while. I am starting to worry that I will miss out.

Delivery estimate: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - Thursday, March 5, 2015 by 8:00pm
Order Placed: November 30, 2014

Top Bottom