• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Anyone wanna hang out at yorkdale tomorrow to try and get a megaman? Or any ebgames in the gta?

Dilema. Found a Kirby with an A+ paint job. But the box is bent in a corner. I don't know what to do. I'm eventually going to open my boxes but not for the foreseeable future.

Also if a friend doesn't want it, I may have a brand new Samus for cost+shipping. Or pick up in person if in Toronto.

Fularu

Banned
Shulk restock is tomorow at most EBGames. Some stores will have extra units but don't hold your breath, staff will probably get them.

From what I have been told, this will be the last restock, it will cover preorders and the few extra they got, then it's over.

hazukash

My Amazon order is in this exact situation. I emailed them and they basically told me it is back-ordered.

Shout-out to Sora_N for getting me a Sheik early this morning when it went up on Toys R Us. Tremendous help.

Oh man, good to know. Has amazon ever cancelled orders with backordered amiibos?

MikeDip

Shulk restock is tomorow at most EBGames. Some stores will have extra units but don't hold your breath, staff will probably get them.

From what I have been told, this will be the last restock, it will cover preorders and the few extra they got, then it's over.

When will they have them? At open or randomly in the day?

FUCK. If I line up before opening, am I good?

I'd really appreciate if anyone in Toronto getting Megaman or Sonic happen upon an extra Shulk and grab it for me. I'd pay $20+shipping for it.

zroid

Banned
EB never called me =\

I should have called myself but the store is already closed now. Sigh.

If they somehow end up selling mine to someone else, heads will roll.

MikeDip

Yeah same here, if someone gets an extra shulk can I buy it please? I'll love you forever, which is quite a value.

quo

I would be willing to trade my majoras mark skull kid limited edition statue for a shulk amiibo if anyone is interested.

13randO

From what I'm told from an EB employee I know, staff are forbidden to buy their amiibo stock.

Fularu

Banned
When will they have them? At open or randomly in the day?
Whenever stock arrives. It arrives on onday so either they take them out asap or they take them out on tuesday but as I said, staff will probably get them before anyone else. Still it doesn't hurt to try.
FUCK. If I line up before opening, am I good?

I'd really appreciate if anyone in Toronto getting Megaman or Sonic happen upon an extra Shulk and grab it for me. I'd pay $20+shipping for it.
Not every store will have extra, some will, some won't. I know that at least 2 stores in the Québec area will have extra (1 to 2).

EB never called me =\

I should have called myself but the store is already closed now. Sigh.

If they somehow end up selling mine to someone else, heads will roll.

They won't sell it (you'll have 7 days to pick it up) and they will call you :p

Duran

Likewise if anybody finds an extra Shulk I'll pay all the cost+shipping and a little extra. I'll also be heading out to an EB tomorrow to try my luck.

So I just called my local EB, which is open tomorrow (I'm in Burnaby, B.C.), to ask if they're getting a shipment. The guy said that the distributors for Nintendo are on strike(?), so it's unlikely that they'll arrive tomorrow.

I don't know how accurate this info is given this is the first I've heard of any strike, so I'm calling back tomorrow morning.

jholmes

I think some provinces have Family Day on Monday. I know BC does.

It's only B.C. B.C. decided to go against the rest of the country in some sad attempt to pretend they're Washington state or something. I can't remember how Christy Clark put it but it was dumb then and it's dumb now.

the3ye

So I just called my local EB, which is open tomorrow (I'm in Burnaby, B.C.), to ask if they're getting a shipment. The guy said that the distributors for Nintendo are on strike(?), so it's unlikely that they'll arrive tomorrow.

I don't know how accurate this info is given this is the first I've heard of any strike, so I'm calling back tomorrow morning.
Metro?

What sucks is that I only recently got into collecting amiibo. I remember when Smash/Pokemon came out, the EB Games had a massive lineup and Target had nothing. I physically held Wii Fit Trainer, Marth and Villager in my hand, and thought, "I'm already paying so much for the game/controller/adapter, I'll just pick up my main for now."

Maaaaaaaan.

GtwoK

What sucks is that I only recently got into collecting amiibo. I remember when Smash/Pokemon came out, the EB Games had a massive lineup and Target had nothing. I physically held Wii Fit Trainer, Marth and Villager in my hand, and thought, "I'm already paying so much for the game/controller/adapter, I'll just pick up my main for now."

Maaaaaaaan.

We've all been there man :(

I was at the midnight launch, when they opened I went and picked up Wii Fit Trainer and took her to the checkout with the game. But then I decided against it and put her back :(

We've all been there man :(

I was at the midnight launch, when they opened I went and picked up Wii Fit Trainer and took her to the checkout with the game. But then I decided against it and put her back :(

Yeah, having seen physical Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, and Villager amiibo in several stores before the craze took hold I'm definitely kicking myself now.

EB actually charged me for my Sonic and Mega Man over a week ago when they sent out my Link and Bowser. They were all in the same order.

I didn't receive my shipping notice for Bowser and Link until the same day they were being delivered. I'm wondering if the same thing will happen tomorrow with Sonic and Mega Man.

BTW, anyone still looking for a Samus, Best Buy Leaside in Toronto still has three. Probably the only location in the GTA at the current moment, but BB/FS looks to be gearing up for a Link/Samus/Fox restock soon.

Sora_N

BTW, anyone still looking for a Samus, Best Buy Leaside in Toronto still has three. Probably the only location in the GTA at the current moment, but BB/FS looks to be gearing up for a Link/Samus/Fox restock soon.

Sorry for calling you out, decided it was better for me to say something first before one of the angry people brought it up.

jholmes

I half expected you to post a pillow deal in here. I kid, I kid.

I hate hearing about stuff like Samus being hard to find because that just compels me to buy an amiibo I had no interest in like two months ago.

RaidenXZ

EB actually charged me for my Sonic and Mega Man over a week ago when they sent out my Link and Bowser. They were all in the same order.

I didn't receive my shipping notice for Bowser and Link until the same day they were being delivered. I'm wondering if the same thing will happen tomorrow with Sonic and Mega Man.

EB still hasn't charged me for my sonic and megaman amiibos. Should I be worried?
The twitter account, after looking at my order number a few weeks ago, said I shouldn't worry about it, but that was a while ago

EB still hasn't charged me for my sonic and megaman amiibos. Should I be worried?
The twitter account, after looking at my order number a few weeks ago, said I shouldn't worry about it, but that was a while ago

Were they on the same order as anything else you already had shipped?

I think they charged me for the whole order despite only shipping some of it.

I wouldn't worry.

Sora_N

I dunno where else to post this, not a fan of the original Canadian thread anymore but man, I went out to the mall to grab some groceries and also grab my gf's birthday gift.

The Bay has some clearance sale and I ended up saving $200 on the purse my gf wanted, holy fuck. I was gonna get it last week but decided to wait a week, so glad I did.

Draysoth

Be cautious - they charged me when they shipped Bowser, Toon, and Sheik, and charged me again this weekend for Sonic and MegaMan. Check yer visa statements folks!

zroid

Banned
I dunno where else to post this, not a fan of the original Canadian thread anymore but man, I went out to the mall to grab some groceries and also grab my gf's birthday gift.

The Bay has some clearance sale and I ended up saving $200 on the purse my gf wanted, holy fuck. I was gonna get it last week but decided to wait a week, so glad I did.

nice :D

get yourself a nice amiibo display case with the saved funds! :p

Top Bottom