• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

If anyone can nab an extra Shulk for me and ship it over, I'd be super grateful. Not to say I won't try myself but I'm not exactly optimistic lol.

beta_fuse

Has anyone been able to check out Wal-Mart today? Wondering if they got a shipment but I can't check myself until noon. Will probably pass by both EB and WM on my lunch break.

So I called my Eb games they said they won't have any extra for walkins. They actually said they are only getting enough to cover half their preorders. I aslo called my Walmart they said that they should be receiving their shipment sometime today.

So I called my Eb games they said they won't have any extra for walkins. They actually said they are only getting enough to cover half their preorders. I aslo called my Walmart they said that they should be receiving their shipment sometime today.
Yep same thing for the ebgames at Rideau, only enough for pre-orders

beta_fuse

I called my EBgames as well and they said they only get their shipments in the afternoon but she didn't know if she would be getting only enough for pre-orders.

I called my EBgames as well and they said they only get their shipments in the afternoon but she didn't know if she would be getting only enough for pre-orders.

That's kinda dumb most stores wont have enough to even cover preorders and yet they give us false hope and say that they will have extra. smh

zroid

Banned
called EB, they said they would be getting the Shulks "later this afternoon" and they'd call back around "noon-ish"

*twiddles thumbs*

I waited in line. My so called friend was around the corner and wouldn't wait in line for me. This is a guy who I paid lunch and food for countless times and wrote his fucking exam so that he could pass high school. And he won't hold my spot for me.

I'm done. I have no one in life. Looked forward to this all weekend.

Banned
I waited in line. My so called friend was around the corner and wouldn't wait in line for me. This is a guy who I paid lunch and food for countless times and wrote his fucking exam so that he could pass high school. And he won't hold my spot for me.

What were you looking for?

You should un-friend him.

zroid

Banned

I'd have waited in line for you :'(

My Eb is getting 1 mega man for a pre order and no sonic :/ there getting an extra Shulk and some sheiks though. I'm gonna try and get the Shulk, but I'd anyone needs a Sheik I can try and grab one

What were you looking for?
Anything that wasn't Bowser, Toon Link or Sheik from the latest wave. :(

You should un-friend him.
I probably am never going to speak to him ever again. I would've done it for him. Btw, the exam and paying for him to eat since he wasn't interested in getting his own part-time job. And I went early in mornings and tried to spend my lunches to try to teach him math in high school.

I'd have waited in line for you :'(
<3

lionpants

https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/564824433890586624

B9aorYNCEAAVtk9.png

It's official.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've been lucky so far, receiving all the figures I want via pre-order, but I'm terrified Wave 4 will be the first one where I don't get them in on time. I don't have many I want from Wave 4, but those I do (ie; Ness) will sell out in seconds.

Kilvin

How'd everyone's weekend go? Any noteworthy scores?

I took a few days away from the Amiibo craze as I could feel myself getting a little burnt out.

Banned
Anything that wasn't Bowser, Toon Link or Sheik from the latest wave. :(

I probably am never going to speak to him ever again. I would've done it for him. Btw, the exam and paying for him to eat since he wasn't interested in getting his own part-time job. And I went early in mornings and tried to spend my lunches to try to teach him math in high school.

<3
There is a slight chance of me acquiring a two shulks today. I could use a Rosalina or charge you cost plus shipping?

lionpants

I wonder what the situation is with online orders? They charged my credit card for them over a week ago.
Ya, hoping to get the shipping notification today. Although last time the notification didn't come until the day it arrived at my house, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got the notifications tomorrow. I pre-ordered within the first 30 minutes, so I should be good - but who knows nowadays.

EB's whole ordering system has been a bit whacked since they upgraded to their new mobile website. It's getting better slowly though.

Called my EB and they don't have enough for the preorders. I'll go at lunch and see if I can't get my Mega Man preorder, but it looks like there's no hope of me getting a Sonic since I neglected to predorder him. : /

(And nevermind Shulk. I'll probably never see one of those in real life unless they do a re-release for Xenoblade 3DS)

N° 2048

Artificial shortage lol

This is such a mess that it can only be this. Nintendo creating higher demand for these Amiibos..

*straightens out tin foil hat*

Artificial shortage lol

This is such a mess that it can only be this. Nintendo creating higher demand for these Amiibos..

*straightens out tin foil hat*

At this point I think it's their production strategy versus demand. They are getting these waves out fairly quickly and must be switching production to the new wave soon after production on the last one has finished.

Top Bottom