• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Hedgey

Jeez, Yodobashi pre-orders are dead already? No idea how word got out about that. For whatever reason my Ness pre-order got cancelled. Pretty pissed about that.

will be stalking Amazon Japan

Jeez, Yodobashi pre-orders are dead already? No idea how word got out about that. For whatever reason my Ness pre-order got cancelled. Pretty pissed about that.

will be stalking Amazon Japan

I posted it here and in the main Amiibo thread as well. Many people picked them up. When did you preorder? They went up at like 5am EST Friday. So if you did it later in the day then it makes sense it got cancelled. Happy I got my Amazon UK preorders for all of Wave 4. It even went down in price so they will be $22.51 CAN each with shipping and all. About $7 more than an in store order. However I have my entire collection as NA NiB so I would like to keep it that way. They are my backup.

So apparently Meta Knight went on sale again last night?

I saw nothing on the Canadian or main Reddit. Doubtful since they got removed early this morning.

Hedgey

I posted it here and in the main Amiibo thread as well. Many people picked them up. When did you preorder? They went up at like 5am EST Friday.

Thursday at 10:30AM EST is when I noticed them and promptly pre-ordered them all.
I'm living in Japan so it would be a bit odd if my priority was knocked out.

I ordered him separately and a think I made a mistake with the credit card.
My fault, hopefully I'll have better luck with AmazonJP though. They're not shipping outside of Japan.

EDIT: my post was here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152743592&postcount=4587
Wonder why I didn't actually mention the website, haha. So much for being a bro.
I couldn't even try and sell from this site's stock due to the one per account rule.

isny

napkin dispenser
Somehow you can find them in Canada, but I've never seen one on US shelves. Quite weird.

Yeah they're definitely as common as Diddy is. Meaning most places have them, however you'll definitely find plenty of stores with Diddy, Sonic and Megaman sold out and only commons from wave one left.

levyjl1988

Banned
I believe this is the reason why Amazon.ca cancelled the Rosalina amiibos. :(

hWXsR9l.jpg

levyjl1988

Banned
Another quick question. So I used the promotional currency amazon.ca offered after the Rosalina cancellation and preordered another item with it. I managed to get another $15 from them considering others got more compensation.

If I cancel an item will I get that promotional value back to use again? Or is it gone?

isny

napkin dispenser
Another quick question. So I used the promotional currency amazon.ca offered after the Rosalina cancellation and preordered another item with it. I managed to get another $15 from them considering others got more compensation.

If I cancel an item will I get that promotional value back to use again? Or is it gone?

Gone. I've convinced them to give it back once in a case like this, but typically you lose it.

hupla

Would anyone be interested in a twitter/text group for when wave 4 goes up? That way no one misses out cause they cant check sites/the thread 24/7. I could try to set something up!

GtwoK

Would anyone be interested in a twitter/text group for when wave 4 goes up? That way no one misses out cause they cant check sites/the thread 24/7. I could try to set something up!

I suggested this the night before lucario was released and people seemed opposed / indifferent to it. The American amiibo thread is using PushBullit or something to that effect. anything with an alarm is okay by me though, cause a single text vibratin isn't enough to wake me up :p

CRA5H

Is Mega Man amiibo common ? I saw at least 4 of them on shelves last night at EB

I don't think it's considered rare at the moment. I personally saw like 10 Sonics at EB yesterday.
I just got back from the mall and saw a ton of Sonics at EB and Walmart and a couple shieks at Walmart. Mega man is no where to be found. I think I might just hang on to my extra Mega man.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait, I haven't been following the news. Amazon cancelled the Rosalina amiibos and they're giving away money as compensation?

There's that US amiibo twitter, which is really spammy, but helpful if you're looking for amiibos. If someone has the dedication to run one for Canada, why not? lol

GtwoK

I'm for the idea of some notification thing, but opposed to twitter. It should be only open to gaf members (as is the one in the american thread).

Mattiator

I don't post too much because I'm so busy (the wife keeps me in check) but something like this would be perfect for me!

levyjl1988

Banned
I wish there was a SMS text alert when wave 4 appears on amazon.ca.
That's usually my only source for amiibo now that some sites restrict importing.
Preorder window seems very tight.

isny

napkin dispenser
So when will Mario, Peach and Bowser drop to $9.99 here in Canada? Both Wal-Mart and Amazon.ca still have em listed at the old price.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Welp, just got 15 bucks for the cancelled Rosalina at least. Was hoping to have extras to offer to people here, but oh well. I wonder if Amazon even got any?

Top Bottom