• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Swhalen

Aw man, all I want is Ness, Lucina and Robin. I can't afford them at like $31 a pop on Nin Nin. Thanks for the post though.

hupla

Everyone who replied about the Text chain ive PMd you and if i missed you feel free to PM me! I have a document done and if anyone wants in please PM me and ill add you!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Everyone who replied about the Text chain ive PMd you and if i missed you feel free to PM me! I have a document done and if anyone wants in please PM me and ill add you!
What info do you need? Just our cell number? Would it be easier to send out a mass email to our email-to-text email addresses?

hupla

What info do you need? Just our cell number? Would it be easier to send out a mass email to our email-to-text email addresses?

I suggested phone number + twitter handle, on my phone at least i can send a mass text easily to everyone ive assigned to a group and on twitter ill tweet everyone in a list ive made. Thats what i figured but im open to suggestions!

GtwoK

I suggested phone number + twitter handle, on my phone at least i can send a mass text easily to everyone ive assigned to a group and on twitter ill tweet everyone in a list ive made. Thats what i figured but im open to suggestions!

Just sent you a PM with some suggestions ;)

GtwoK

Another good option is Pushbullet, which is what the American amiibo thread is using. Basically just install the app (or Chrome / FF extension), subscribe to the gaf amiibo channel, and when somone pushes the notification (ie, "Dedede up on Amazon.ca", or whatever), everyone subscribed to that channel would be notified. The only 2 problems I see (which I'm gonna check out how the American thread is handling it) are that only the channel creator can push things, and that we'd want it to be private, so that lurkers and scalpers wouldn't be clogging it up.

hupla

i am 100% down to also use an app like pushbullet if people prefer! Its also super easy for me to mass text people so id be fine doing both.

GtwoK

Just made a pushbullet channel, setting it up so that anyone can push to it right now! Quote this post to see it, and DONT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE OF GAF.

hupla

Just made a pushbullet channel, setting it up so that anyone can push to it right now! Quote this post to see it, and DONT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE OF GAF.

thanks so much for setting this up! i guess we can do away with the google doc if people want :3

GtwoK

FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BE ABLE TO PUSH TO THE PUSHBULLET CHANNEL AKA LET PEOPLE KNOW WHEN AMIIBOS ARE UP, ETC, PLEASE PM ME.

I know I'm an old man... but what is pushbullet?

An app (or web extension) that you can get and subscribe to a channel. Anytime someone posts to the channel (ie "Wave 4 up at amazon.ca"), you'll get notified if you have the app/extension and are subscribed.

thanks so much for setting this up! i guess we can do away with the google doc if people want :3

Might not hurt to have both, I suppose!

I know I'm an old man... but what is pushbullet?

Brian★;152999681 said:
Ok, so many people have been asking me how Pushbullet works.

1. Go on to Pushbullet.com and login using Facebook or Google
2. Download the app on your iOS device/Android device
3. Subscribe to the new Amiibo link.
Check the Canadian Post above me for it.
4. You shall start receiving Push notifcations!

Brian★;153020348 said:
What is Pushbullet compatible with?

Pushbullet has many apps and extensions.

Official Apps
or

Official Extensions
or or or

(sorry, no IE available)

Operating System Programs
or

Unofficial Apps
Pushbullet nor I take no responsibility about this.

app-winphone.png

Windows Phone
PushPin ($1.49)
Pushile (Free)
app-blackberry.png

Blackberry
PushPlane ($1.99)
Blackbullet (Free)

Unofficial Operating System Programs
or

GtwoK

Id love a test push some time tomorrow, just to make sure we're all good

Eh, I'll do one in a few minutes probably, we've got 12 subscribers already. we can do another tomorrow once more people are awake and have subscribed.

Edit: JUST DID A TEST PUSH. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU DIDNT GET IT.
It seems links have to be the full url, you can't change text to a link and push that. Good to know.

hupla

Eh, I'll do one in a few minutes probably, we've got 12 subscribers already. we can do another tomorrow once more people are awake and have subscribed.

Edit: JUST DID A TEST PUSH. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU DIDNT GET IT.
It seems links have to be the full url, you can't change text to a link and push that. Good to know.

i got it but my phone isnt actually making noise or vibrating like it should bluh

isny

napkin dispenser
Hm. Are you both sure you're subscribed? There's an option in the settings for "always vibrate". Not sure what it does, but maybe turn that on?

If it's an iphone you need to enable the notifications through the notifications center in the iphones general settings.

hupla

Brian★;153130376 said:
Make sure you have enabled notifications. Many Android users have been experiencing problems.
Like i dont see why they would be disabled ive turned everything on and all my other apps give notifcations just fine

Top Bottom