• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Kilvin

So after all the hassle with various retailers with Wave 3. Who are you putting your trust in for wave 4?

Myself...

Amazon has never failed me yet All pre-orders since the first wave have come in as I ordered them and have been packed well. I have no reason to not trust them, but to hear everyone else's stories, I'm a little worried moving forward.

EB Games

I ordered Shulk, and the MMLE from them. Both packages were well packed and arrived without any concerns whatsoever.

ToysRUs

I got Lucario from them. That shipping cost SUCKED. I ordered 2 Lucario's from them. One packed with another item to avoid shipping charge, and one on it's own. The one that I ordered with the item ended up banged up as it was just thrown loosely in the box. The other arrived fine but like I said...that shipping cost.

Future Shop

They came through for me for everything I ordered. And until that last box, everything was packaged well and arrived safe. That last box does have me a little worried though. Hopefully I wasn't the only one to complain and moving forward they're on top of any bad packaging jobs. That box was just MISERABLE though. A 1" gap along the top. Packing tape stuck to the back of the cards. Amiibo wedged so tightly in the box that I actually had to cut out two corners of the box to get the damn things out.

Best Buy

Wow they had problems this last little while. Cancelling orders. Poor packing jobs. I think they'll be my last resort when it comes to ordering future waves or anything of limited production for that matter.

Wal-Mart

I never ordered anything online from them for Amiibos but my experience with them, whenever I have placed an online order has been great. Items are well packed and arrive as expected. The store in town seems to get them no problem. I've seen every figure to date (save for MK, Shulk and Lucario) hit the shelf here locally. But I think I'll continue to use them as my backup plan.

Chapters

Did anyone put an order in with them? I have no experience with them. And the few amiibos they have listed, never seem to actually come in stock (other then the commons).

Did I miss anyone?

I'm hoping get to pre-order mine from EB, they seem the most reliable.

lilty

Just want to say thanks to the person who posted about Sonic and Mega Man in Guelph. Just went to the EB Games on Woolwich and they had a lot of both. I didn't need Mega Man, but I was happy to find Sonic.

i-Jest

My Ike came today from Amazon. Wasn't expecting it until the 25th but I'm not complaining. Wave 3 complete. I hope this exclusivity nonsense isn't a thing for wave 4.

isny

napkin dispenser
My Ike came today from Amazon. Wasn't expecting it until the 25th but I'm not complaining. Wave 3 complete. I hope this exclusivity nonsense isn't a thing for wave 4.

You mean like the Wal-Mart exclusive wave 4 Golden Mario?

GtwoK

Sad mode engage.

Here's what I've got to trade. Wha are my chances of trading 1 (or multiple of these) for a NA Villager or WFT? Even if I throw in cash. Like a large amount of cash. Kijiji and eBay are both failing me. :(

NHYNAhv.jpg

Sad mode engage.

Here's what I've got to trade. Wha are my chances of trading 1 (or multiple of these) for a NA Villager or WFT? Even if I throw in cash. Like a large amount of cash. Kijiji and eBay are both failing me. :(

NHYNAhv.jpg

See here's where it sucks to be collecting these MIB. There's plenty of those to be had at a reasonable price on ebay. But they're they Japanese or Euro version.

Sad mode engage.

NHYNAhv.jpg
Maybe a Shulk or Meta Knight for a Wii Fit Trainer NA NIB. Sonic and Megaman aren't really worth the WFT/Villager at this point, unfortunately.

GtwoK

See here's where it sucks to be collecting these MIB. There's plenty of those to be had at a reasonable price on ebay. But they're they Japanese or Euro version.

Tell me about it :(. But I'm not just in it because I like he figures, I'm in it because I like collecting packaging too. Wish I had just ordered all euro from the start.

Maybe a Shulk or Meta Knight for a Wii Fit Trainer NA NIB. Sonic and Megaman aren't really worth the WFT/Villager at this point, unfortunately.

Yeah, I figured. I feel like my best luck is going to be on GAF though, Kijiji and reddit are too crowded for trading for the trinity. I'm probably gonna end up bugging gaf every few days just to see if there's anyone who can help

CRA5H

I regret not picking up that stray Villager amiibo at Walmart during launch week since I already had one...

Someone here could have had it. =(

Zing

Banned
Sad mode engage.

NHYNAhv.jpg
I had both Villager and WFT up for sale/trade for weeks and no one would commit to a transaction despite my inbox being flooded. I had a lot of people flake out on me. I recently gave up and sold them on eBay. Wish I could help you. I would have traded for sure. I ended up buying a JPN Ike.

ahdurian

For now, no. These ones seem plentiful for the time being but you never know. These are third party characters after all. .

ahh okay.
I was thinking they were somewhat hard to get, since I've never seen them at other stores
They also had some Toon Links there too, so I'm thinking of getting one of each to customize, since I already have all of them

GtwoK

I had both Villager and WFT up for sale/trade for weeks and no one would commit to a transaction despite my inbox being flooded. I had a lot of people flake out on me. I recently gave up and sold them on eBay. Wish I could help you. I would have traded for sure. I ended up buying a JPN Ike.

Whaaaaaat. How long ago was this? I've been bugging gaf about it for maybe 2 weeks now :p

Major thanks to isny for selling his spare Meta Knight for cost! The past 16 days have been hectic amiibo-wise, and I'm happy with my progress. Marth will have to wait for the reprint and Villager will have to wait until I can find a good deal on him. I'm going to set these up on my bookshelf, and I'll post some nicer photos tomorrow.

GgL6DmY.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh yeah? Well damn. Come to think of it I was basing my reply on what I, among others, saw at retail locations. They seemed plentiful enough here in Toronto. Maybe things have changed. I don't know.
The problem with those two is that they trickled out to stores and sold out right away so people thought they were super rare. A while later stores got more stock and people have mostly snatched them up right away because they still think they're super rare. We have no idea the true rarity of them are yet.

Akim

Banned
Props to senorbivins for shipping me out some amiibos I needed! Also props to Lone_Prodigy for saving a Meta Knight for me!

lionpants

Best Buy claims I will be able to get a replacement Meta Knight next week for my damaged one I got in the mail.
Hello,

I have just received an update that we are checking the conditions of the Meta Knights and they will be shipped out on Monday to the store location. Once I have an update that they have been shipped out I will contact you on Monday with the update.
Could this mean there will be a restock next week?

Zing

Banned
Whaaaaaat. How long ago was this? I've been bugging gaf about it for maybe 2 weeks now :p
Sold them about two weeks ago!

I had so many people send messages but no one would actually send money. It felt like kijiji all over again. I would have kept them longer, but I was selling some other video game stuff on eBay and figured it was best to just do it all at once. A shame, since I then used the money to buy JPN Ike and Dedede.

Speaking of Dedede, I'm pretty sure that I will be passing him along to someone else. I bought anticipating Kirby Rainbow Curse usage and decided to not even get that game. I also imagined a Kirby/Dedede team, but I think I have too many of these things already. I'm going to get the Fire Emblem team and Jiggypuff, and that's the end of my Amiibo collection. So, sometime in the next week I'll have a JPN Dedede for someone in the GTA if wanted.

So the original Amiibo thread splinttered off again forming a UK/Euro thread. In all honesty, it makes sense. It was hard siphoning through all the posts that didn't pertain to our region. I think that's why a lot of us chose to talk about it in the deals thread. I'm glad this thread was created though.

GtwoK

So how much weight do you guys think the whole port strike theory holds? Or rather, that the rares / trinity are held up on ships in the port strike? I mean, Nintendo's confirmed that some Amiibo were held up, but they've neglected to say which ones. Could it be rares, or just more commons?

Toad.T

Banned
Super Hyper EX Dash Alpha Turbo longshot here, but does anyone have an extra Meta Knight?

I somehow was able to have a layaway for him and Ike over at FS recently and I'm not sure if they'd be getting them in. I mean, I placed the layaway before they were available online for consumers, and when I asked, they said that because they were available for consumers online to preorder, they should also be shipped for those who have layaways. But I don't believe them, honestly, and would like other options in case FS fails.

Sora_N

So how much weight do you guys think the whole port strike theory holds? Or rather, that the rares / trinity are held up on ships in the port strike? I mean, Nintendo's confirmed that some Amiibo were held up, but they've neglected to say which ones. Could it be rares, or just more commons?

It could explain how we saw random restocks and how Link (some places b+m but all online were out) Samus and Fox were all gone but magically restocked recently.

Major thanks to isny for selling his spare Meta Knight for cost! The past 16 days have been hectic amiibo-wise, and I'm happy with my progress. Marth will have to wait for the reprint and Villager will have to wait until I can find a good deal on him. I'm going to set these up on my bookshelf, and I'll post some nicer photos tomorrow.

GgL6DmY.jpg

soooogood.gif. Out of curiousity, how did you snag your Captain Falcon?

Fularu

Banned
So between My Meta Knight waiting for me in Paris and all the Amiibos I have here, I'm just missing Marth. Can't wait for the reprint.

Still, wave 4 needs to get up soon, while all of wave 3.5 (the NSMB series) is already preordered, I'm always in fear of missing it because of work :(

Top Bottom