• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Someone is offering me a Megaman + 40 bucks for my Shulk... Should I do it...?

Sora_N

Even if Shulk is restocked you'll still have a hard time getting it anyways since scalpers are super alert and a lot of people missed it at first.

Unless they make him become a non-exclusive, just like how Xenoblade showed up at Toys R Us at one point, then it would still be pretty hard to find.

Well, a bunch of Mega Man and Sonic stock may have hit the shelves, BUT, they cleared out REALLY quickly where I live. It'll be interesting to see how quickly these get restock if at all.

So I'm going to be living in Toronto from Jan-Apr, and Waterloo from May-Aug. Apparently Wave 4 will be split between March and May... can I preorder at one EB and shift my preorder to another store? Or I guess I can ask my sister to preorder all of them in Ottawa too, and tell her to cancel the one's I'm picking up in Toronto, and then make her pick up the ones I can't get in Toronto and cancel those on my end. Ugh so complicated X_X

lilty

So I'm going to be living in Toronto from Jan-Apr, and Waterloo from May-Aug. Apparently Wave 4 will be split between March and May... can I preorder at one EB and shift my preorder to another store? Or I guess I can ask my sister to preorder all of them in Ottawa too, and tell her to cancel the one's I'm picking up in Toronto, and then make her pick up the ones I can't get in Toronto and cancel those on my end. Ugh so complicated X_X

Yeah just have to call EB Games customer support and they can transfer stores for you. Also, I'm from Waterloo too! I take it you're in a co-op program? haha

Kade

Today has been pretty good.

-Got Meta Knight and King Dedede on the way from Future Shop and Best Buy, respectively.

-A friend is going to sell me Ike for $15.

-Found these two while out for lunch:

The EB Games here (Guelph, ON) had quite a bit (Empty spot is thanks to me):

They cancelled my King Dedede order. :(

Hedgey

g577k.JPG

g573G.JPG

Gotta admit, I laughed like an evil genius as I was lining these up.
Orders going up at 6PM EST on my group.
Please PM me if interested.

Trying to start a website to sell amiibos to gamers that actually want them, not scalpers.
Discounted shipping if you're okay with the figure out of the packaging (these things are terrible to ship)

Is $80 for Villager NA BNIB in box worth it? X_X It's the last one I'll need, sans Marth (waiting for this reprint!).

Otherwise, what's the cheapest way to get an NA version of him? I'm afraid Nintendo will do one of three things:
1. They reprint him, and I pay significantly above MSRP. I don't mind waiting if there is a reprint.
2. They reprint him as a card, which significantly increases the market value for it.
3. They eventually start an Animal Crossing line, but I want the Smash Bros variant.

I wish Nintendo communicated more clearly on their future amiibo plans. x_x

Hedgey

Is $80 for Villager NA BNIB in box worth it? X_X It's the last one I'll need, sans Marth (waiting for this reprint!).

Otherwise, what's the cheapest way to get an NA version of him? I'm afraid Nintendo will do one of three things:
1. They reprint him, and I pay significantly above MSRP. I don't mind waiting if there is a reprint.
2. They reprint him as a card, which significantly increases the market value for it.
3. They eventually start an Animal Crossing line, but I want the Smash Bros variant.

I wish Nintendo communicated more clearly on their future amiibo plans. x_x

I honestly have a feeling Nintendo will eventually reprint every amiibo.
I'm just very surprised it hasn't happened yet.

I honestly have a feeling Nintendo will eventually reprint every amiibo.
I'm just very surprised it hasn't happened yet.

I have that feeling too... but then again, this is Nintendo. Then again, they did reprint the Mario 25th anniversary collection... didn't they? I don't mind paying $37.5 for a "rare" amiibo like Little Mac, since it's only $21.69 above MSRP, which would be how much I would spend on time trying to find one if/when they do reprint them (it'll obviously be in very little quantity once again). But $64.19 above MSRP requires more investigation!

So after all the hassle with various retailers with Wave 3. Who are you putting your trust in for wave 4?

Myself...

Amazon has never failed me yet All pre-orders since the first wave have come in as I ordered them and have been packed well. I have no reason to not trust them, but to hear everyone else's stories, I'm a little worried moving forward.

EB Games

I ordered Shulk, and the MMLE from them. Both packages were well packed and arrived without any concerns whatsoever.

ToysRUs

I got Lucario from them. That shipping cost SUCKED. I ordered 2 Lucario's from them. One packed with another item to avoid shipping charge, and one on it's own. The one that I ordered with the item ended up banged up as it was just thrown loosely in the box. The other arrived fine but like I said...that shipping cost.

Future Shop

They came through for me for everything I ordered. And until that last box, everything was packaged well and arrived safe. That last box does have me a little worried though. Hopefully I wasn't the only one to complain and moving forward they're on top of any bad packaging jobs. That box was just MISERABLE though. A 1" gap along the top. Packing tape stuck to the back of the cards. Amiibo wedged so tightly in the box that I actually had to cut out two corners of the box to get the damn things out.

Best Buy

Wow they had problems this last little while. Cancelling orders. Poor packing jobs. I think they'll be my last resort when it comes to ordering future waves or anything of limited production for that matter.

Wal-Mart

I never ordered anything online from them for Amiibos but my experience with them, whenever I have placed an online order has been great. Items are well packed and arrive as expected. The store in town seems to get them no problem. I've seen every figure to date (save for MK, Shulk and Lucario) hit the shelf here locally. But I think I'll continue to use them as my backup plan.

Chapters

Did anyone put an order in with them? I have no experience with them. And the few amiibos they have listed, never seem to actually come in stock (other then the commons).

Did I miss anyone?

Begbie

So after all the hassle with various retailers with Wave 3. Who are you putting your trust in for wave 4?

Myself...

Amazon has never failed me yet All pre-orders since the first wave have come in as I ordered them and have been packed well. I have no reason to not trust them, but to hear everyone else's stories, I'm a little worried moving forward.

EB Games

I ordered Shulk, and the MMLE from them. Both packages were well packed and arrived without any concerns whatsoever.

ToysRUs

I got Lucario from them. That shipping cost SUCKED. I ordered 2 Lucario's from them. One packed with another item to avoid shipping charge, and one on it's own. The one that I ordered with the item ended up banged up as it was just thrown loosely in the box. The other arrived fine but like I said...that shipping cost.

Future Shop

They came through for me for everything I ordered. And until that last box, everything was packaged well and arrived safe. That last box does have me a little worried though. Hopefully I wasn't the only one to complain and moving forward they're on top of any bad packaging jobs. That box was just MISERABLE though. A 1" gap along the top. Packing tape stuck to the back of the cards. Amiibo wedged so tightly in the box that I actually had to cut out two corners of the box to get the damn things out.

Best Buy

Wow they had problems this last little while. Cancelling orders. Poor packing jobs. I think they'll be my last resort when it comes to ordering future waves or anything of limited production for that matter.

Wal-Mart

I never ordered anything online from them for Amiibos but my experience with them, whenever I have placed an online order has been great. Items are well packed and arrive as expected. The store in town seems to get them no problem. I've seen every figure to date (save for MK, Shulk and Lucario) hit the shelf here locally. But I think I'll continue to use them as my backup plan.

Chapters

Did anyone put an order in with them? I have no experience with them. And the few amiibos they have listed, never seem to actually come in stock (other then the commons).

Did I miss anyone?

Uhh the Source.. but who goes there anymore? Got everything I've ordered from Amazon.ca with the exception of Rosalina

Myself...

Future Shop

Best Buy

I'm almost certain these two are the literally the same thing, to the point where it would be the same employees in the same warehouse sending packages out. So the Best Buy ones might have just been rotten luck.

I'm almost certain these two are the literally the same thing, to the point where it would be the same employees in the same warehouse sending packages out. So the Best Buy ones might have just been rotten luck.

Packaging yeah. I can see that being the case. But as far as keeping track of stock and having to cancel orders due to overselling...I only heard horror stories about BB.

Same warehouse even. EB Games is also located right in front of them, ironically.

isny

napkin dispenser

Myself...

All of these except for Meta Knight are from Amazon and I always order more than one to ensure they don't come in a bubble mailer. (And none have every showed up damaged using this method, so far.)

The left most three (Toon Link, Sheik and Mega Man are extra's for anyone if they need em, just PM me. The others have all already claimed by Amiibro's in this thread.) (And yes, one of those Meta Knight's is yours Mysterious... =D)

utys0wOl.jpg

lionpants

BestBuy got back to me about my crushed Meta Knight, they offered me two resolutions.

1. 50% of the cost back
or...
2. A replacement is sent to a store near me.

I found the second option weird since they're sold out... I'll choose that option and see what happens I guess.

espher

Amazon. Just hoping I can get the order on... MP10 Toad is the only one I /didn't/ manage to land. They've done well by me for all the others, though.

Some of the amiibo boxes have arrived dinged up but with how rare/chase the damn things are I don't think that's gonna matter anymore.

Top Bottom