• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chungus

You could try the chrome extension stealthy, or http://www.unblock-us.com/, which has a free trial. I've used both to access UK and USA content, but of course stealthy is free if a little bit annoying at times.

Using stealthy to access US netflix with my Canadian acct while in Canada is pretty awesome, even though I'm sure netflix doesn't like it.

Sorry for being paranoid but if I use unblock-us.com, will it change my ip?

The reason I ask is because when I used it a few months ago, a site I went to said I was currently located in "Italy". Another site I went to a few weeks later said I was located in "Germany".

Futureshop

Trade 2:
- UFC 3 (Bonus Ultimate Knockout Artist Boost DLC)
- Twisted Metal (Bonus Twisted Metal Black DLC)

PS Vita $249.99 - Free 4GB memory card when you pre-order

N3DS $169.99 with Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario 3D Land

PS3 320GB with DS3 Bundle - $299.99

Pre-order Mass Effect 3, SF vs Tekken get $10 gaming credit.

X-Men Destiny - $29.99

Bestbuy

Trade 3:
- UFC 3 (Early access pack to all dlc at launch)
- Twisted Metal (Twisted Metal Black)

Trade in any MP3 player and get up to $40 off a new gen ipod touch.

NHL 12, Batman AC, Saints Row 3, FIFA 12, AC:R, BF3 - $39.99

Skylander Bundle - $49.99

N3DS $169.99 with Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario 3D Land

RCSS

360 Silver controller $59.97

TRU

BOG1/2 $19.99 games
$10 GC with Kinect ($149.99)
Wii with NSMB $139.97

Quadratic

I don't see the Skylander deal on Best Buy's flyer. Is it nation wide or regional?
Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's not in the flyer but on the website.

Are the EB trade in deals for the vita still on? How much would I get for a PSP 3000 under the double hardware credit deal? Don't need a PSP if I have a vita. My PSP is collecting dust now anyways. I also have a $100 futureshop gift card that I could somehow use towards this at EB. They have that trade 4 get $100 credit for a vita too can I do both deals or only one? Could use my $100 to buy games that qualify and trade to EB but I'm not too savvy with this kind of stuff so anyone have suggestions on the cheapest games i can buy that qualify? I know about tivs.ca already but lot of the values are outdated. Sure some dropped before this promo started. Gotta do this fast as release day is approaching soon! Hope to get a cheap ass vita out of this.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What's the cheapest place online to buy a new dual shock 3? They're probably standard $59 most places, but might as well inquire.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is there an alternative? It's definitely a better deal than just a controller but I don't really want any of those packages haha. Though, it might be the best option.

Firestorm

Is there an alternative? It's definitely a better deal than just a controller but I don't really want any of those packages haha. Though, it might be the best option.
EB sells 'em used at $34.99 according to their website. Also, Best Buy has the bundles at $49.99 like Amazon but you'd get Reward Zone points (+easier to return if you have to for most people due to the stores).

Maddog

God of War Origins Collection trades in for 16$ at EB. So you could buy the bundle then trade the game in to get a 34$ new controller. .

Socreges

Banned
NHL 12, Batman AC, Saints Row 3, FIFA 12 $39.99
FINALLY drops. Was still $59.99 last week.

Lone_Prodigy said:
Wii with NSMB $139.97
And yet NSMB is still $59.99 and $65 at EB. I was waiting for it to become a 'Selects' game, but they won't be doing that for a while since it continues to do well as a bundle. :(

Thanks for your posts in here btw, Lone

Are the EB trade in deals for the vita still on? How much would I get for a PSP 3000 under the double hardware credit deal? Don't need a PSP if I have a vita. My PSP is collecting dust now anyways. I also have a $100 futureshop gift card that I could somehow use towards this at EB. They have that trade 4 get $100 credit for a vita too can I do both deals or only one? Could use my $100 to buy games that qualify and trade to EB but I'm not too savvy with this kind of stuff so anyone have suggestions on the cheapest games i can buy that qualify? I know about tivs.ca already but lot of the values are outdated. Sure some dropped before this promo started. Gotta do this fast as release day is approaching soon! Hope to get a cheap ass vita out of this.

The ebgames.ca site still has the double value for your PSP deal going:

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/

I'm somewhat interested in this too, but I'd like to know how much I could get for my PSP 3000 first

The ebgames.ca site still has the double value for your PSP deal going:

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/

I'm somewhat interested in this too, but I'd like to know how much I could get for my PSP 3000 first

Last I checked, they were offering $10-$20 or so for it.

P.S. Futureshop deal: Buy UFC or Twisted Metal in-store and receive a $15 credit towards any in-store gaming purchase over $19.99 valid between March 1st and March 31st.

"The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order."

Worth it?

$15 discount isn't too bad. I'm more debating whether or not I actually need one right now. I've sort of just jumped on it to secure one at that price. Bah, I feel like a consumer drone.

Palehorse

I traded in my PSP 3000 to EB on Jan 25th and they were offering $20 for them. May be lower now I suppose but that's pretty damn low.

I got the $50 bonus at the time so I got $70 total. Well worth it.

Still on the fence about the Vita...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Last I checked, they were offering $10-$20 or so for it.

P.S. Futureshop deal: Buy UFC or Twisted Metal in-store and receive a $15 credit towards any in-store gaming purchase over $19.99 valid between March 1st and March 31st.

$15 for PSP-1000 AND 2000. $20 for 3000 and GOs.

Best value is really the DSiXL if you're trading for the Vita. Bumps it from $40 to $80. DSi from $30 to $60 at least. I would do the XL + four games and pay $70 for the Vita, if there was anything I wanted for it. And launch Sony hardware scares me.

Djin1979

$15 for PSP-1000 AND 2000. $20 for 3000 and GOs.

Best value is really the DSiXL if you're trading for the Vita. Bumps it from $40 to $80. DSi from $30 to $60 at least. I would do the XL + four games and pay $70 for the Vita, if there was anything I wanted for it. And launch Sony hardware scares me.

Well i dunno guys, but i sold my psp go on craigslist 100$ 2 months ago, to me the trade stuff sounds like a complete rip off...

Bruiserk

How quickly does BB ship games? release day or does it take a 3-5 business days?

I only ordered from them during the christmas season so I don't feel like I have accurate knowledge.

Jagxyz

How quickly does BB ship games? release day or does it take a 3-5 business days?

I only ordered from them during the christmas season so I don't feel like I have accurate knowledge.

Well, I preordered Twisted Metal from Futureshop and I just got an email saying it was shipped, so it'll be in my mailbox tomorrow.

It might be similar for BestBuy, since they're the same thing?

Also depends how close you are to the shipping center I believe.

I ordered a 32Gb PSV memcard from Costco but it's still "processing".

Anyone had theirs shipped yet?

Mine is in the Fulfillment stage so I'm waiting on shipping. Hopefully today.

Edit: Does anyone know if you can use store credit towards PSN Cards at EB?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Can you guys confirm: My brother gave me a $25 gift/cash card to Costco for Xmas. I'm not a member of Costco but apparently (and the reason he gave it to me) is that it allows you to enter a Costco. True?

Can you guys confirm: My brother gave me a $25 gift/cash card to Costco for Xmas. I'm not a member of Costco but apparently (and the reason he gave it to me) is that it allows you to enter a Costco. True?

Not sure but the website doesn't even require that you have a membership. Maybe you can use your card online?

Achtius

Yup, and if you went over your gift card value, you can pay the extra with cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom