• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

I was hoping for better Boxing day deals on the Elite Playstation Headphones. Best I've seen is what looks like $110 door crasher from The Source.

I was hoping for like $80.

Yawnier

Banned
I'm receiving a 3DS XL with several games for Christmas and I am wondering if NSMB. 2 is a game worth $30? (at FS)

Just curious because chances are a first party Nintendo game like that probably will not go below that price for a very long time.

Also, if it helps I have not played any of the games in the NSMB series before.

Tagg9

I'm receiving a 3DS XL with several games for Christmas and I am wondering if NSMB. 2 is a game worth $30? (at FS)

Just curious because chances are a first party Nintendo game like that probably will not go below that price for a very long time.

Also, if it helps I have not played any of the games in the NSMB series before.

You're in for a treat if you haven't played a NSMB game before. Having said that, if you have a choice I'd recommend Super Mario 3D Land over NSMB2.

Yawnier

Banned
You're in for a treat if you haven't played a NSMB game before. Having said that, if you have a choice I'd recommend Super Mario 3D Land over NSMB2.

The thing is is that Super Mario 3D Land is already one of the games that I am already getting as a gift (alongside MK7 and KI:U).

I was just wondering if NSMB. 2 would seem "lackluster" or not as impressive because I am probably going to play Super Mario 3D Land first.

Tagg9

The thing is is that Super Mario 3D Land is already one of the games that I am already getting as a gift (alongside MK7 and KI:U).

I was just wondering if NSMB. 2 would seem "lackluster" or not as impressive because I am probably going to play Super Mario 3D Land first.

In that case, I'd just say skip it for now. It's a decent Mario game, but it won't seem as good if you play it right after 3D Land. I'm sure you'll be able to get it for $30 or less later on.

Yawnier

Banned
In that case, I'd just say skip it for now. It's a decent Mario game, but it won't seem as good if you play it right after 3D Land. I'm sure you'll be able to get it for $30 or less later on.

Yeah, putting it that way I guess that is what I am just going to do.

Also yes, I am probably going to get a $20 e-shop card sometime down the road to try out some games such as Pushmo mostly because I heard so many great things about it.

zroid

Banned
Most disappointing Mario game I've ever played. I was only able to endure playing it for 5 hours before turning around and selling it. 3D Land and NSMB 2 are much more fun to play.

Boooooo. Paper Mario is way better than NSMB2 any day of the week.

And I didn't even hate NSMB2.

isny

napkin dispenser
So far this boxing day seems lackluster.

This.

Indy for $40 seems like the only thing I'll be picking up. Too bad Star Wars wasn't closer to $40 or $50 or else I'd bite on that too.

Edit: On second thought, the PS3 3DTV at $99 seems like a good deal too. Too bad it doesn't come with two pairs of glasses or else I'd probably bite.

iphys

Boooooo. Paper Mario is way better than NSMB2 any day of the week.

And I didn't even hate NSMB2.

I think the only major complaint people had for NSMB2 was the similarity to previous NSMB games, but I had never played the previous ones, so I didn't have that problem. I actually enjoyed NSMB2 more than 3D Land if only for the boppity music and dancing Koopa Troopas, but I think 3D Land is a lot more novel and makes better use of the 3D, so it's probably the best for most people.

Sticker Star drove me nuts that I couldn't go jump on a Goomba without entering a ridiculous turn-based battle, so I'd go around avoiding jumping on anything, and then every time I forgot and instinctively jumped on a baddie I wanted to tear my hair out. It just felt like not enough fast-paced action to keep me interested. The music didn't impress me at all either. Plus, stickers stopped being cool by the time I was 10, so it was hard to be at all interested in them. I really don't understand what anyone likes about that game.

iLLmAtlc

Thinking about Dishonored for $30 guys but how's the performance on PS3? With stealth there's going to be a lot of save reloading I'm sure, I'd hate to sit there like a jackass on the loading screen for like a minute or something.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So what time are the FS/BB Boxing Day sales starting? Something crazy like 1pm Christmas Eve?
Future Shop

ea4TG.png

Best Buy

qe3pt.png

isny

napkin dispenser
So what time are the FS/BB Boxing Day sales starting? Something crazy like 1pm Christmas Eve?

8PM EST, but we all know how terrible their servers are, so more like 8:30 or 9:00. (Which is still better than previous years where it took them 4-5 hours AFTER the sale started before the sites actually worked)

wingz

Thinking about Dishonored for $30 guys but how's the performance on PS3? With stealth there's going to be a lot of save reloading I'm sure, I'd hate to sit there like a jackass on the loading screen for like a minute or something.

I played it on the 360 and it was alright. On the PS3, there is a mandatory install of 4636MB, so maybe that should help out with the loading. Your right about one thing, that you'll definitely be going back to previous saves ALOT in that game.

iphys

Why does the site open before the sale starts? What can we actually do in those 2 hours? Just look at the prices but not be able to add the items to our carts yet?

krae_man

Hopefully I can pick up one of those $20 32gb SD Micro cards for the Galaxy tab I just bought without too much trouble on Monday. Other then that, I think I'm good. I still kind of want one of those $100 3D TV's but I have nowhere to put it or use it. I'll probably just end up grabbing a bunch of cheap blurays again like last year. You can never have enough sub $10 blurays of movies you want to watch.

bobeth

Why does the site open before the sale starts? What can we actually do in those 2 hours? Just look at the prices but not be able to add the items to our carts yet?
Open every item you want in a different tab, refresh all @ 8, beat everybody to the punch?

So is 80 for the Sony headset actually a good price? I might bite but honestly I don't know how many more ps3 games are coming out that I am thrilled about... Ultimately I'm hoping my epp will give me 30% off that price, that would make it easier to swallow.

Darko

This.

Indy for $40 seems like the only thing I'll be picking up. Too bad Star Wars wasn't closer to $40 or $50 or else I'd bite on that too.

Edit: On second thought, the PS3 3DTV at $99 seems like a good deal too. Too bad it doesn't come with two pairs of glasses or else I'd probably bite.
Glases cost like 20 bucks... Dont be a cheapass.

iphys

Glases cost like 20 bucks... Dont be a cheapass.

Spending $100 on a monitor that's most likely going to fail soon after you buy it is cheapass in itself though. If I were going to get a 3D monitor, I'd pay much more for one that comes with a 3 year warranty and doesn't have known issues. It's not like they ever solved the issues with these things: they're just clearing them out cheaper and cheaper to try to get rid of them because they know they're duds.

zroid

Banned
Did anyone spot a good boxing day deal on a laptop (2.5") drive? My old-ass 80GB PS3 is really in quite desperate need of more storage.

joevigilante

Neo Member
Walmart bargin bin dumbster dive success! Yakuza Dead Souls for $20.

I just found it at Superstore for $15 yesterday in their greatest hits/shovelware rack. they also had a separate dumpster bin with some fairly decent games like LBP karting, uncharted 2 goty, resistence 3 but no prices marked on the cases.

Draysoth

Any good deals on 7.1 gaming headsets? Preferably wireless... have a baby coming soon, so I'm going to need a good one, and I came into some gift cards. Would prefer they have support for PS3, Xbox, and PC as well.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Should I bite on Sticker Star? You guys played it?
Bought it for $30 a while back and quickly sold it. The sticker system is a cool idea and plays well into the game but it's a lot less funnier than Super Paper Mario, but doesn't feel like a chore like SPM did. However, after constantly wasting stickers and replaying bosses I got fed up with it. Might be different for you though. The game still has a lot going for it.

isny

napkin dispenser
Bought it for $30 a while back and quickly sold it. The sticker system is a cool idea and plays well into the game but it's a lot less funnier than Super Paper Mario, but doesn't feel like a chore like SPM did. However, after constantly wasting stickers and replaying bosses I got fed up with it. Might be different for you though. The game still has a lot going for it.

I'm probably going to end up selling mine too. It's a solid game, but not what I expected. No levelling up really holds it back. It really lacks any RPG elements at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom