• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LkPr

why is the Kinect Sports Ultimate Edition NOT available in Canada? Has anyone seen this anywhere other then in the states??

I wonder if I should snag DOA Dimensions for 3DS if I can find it for $20 new since I think Game Shack sells it for $15 used.

Haven't heard anything bad about it.

Also, if I were to go for a 3D Fighter for 3DS, should it be this or Tekken?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Very disappointed with the boxing day flyers this year.

Looks like cheap blu-rays and Simpsons seasons for me!
I'll be staying at home. Went last year and lined up at night to get Arkham Asylum and something else ... wasn't worth it lol.

I'm hoping that they have good deals on TV's. Looking to possibly pick up a Panasonic Viera 55" ST50 or GT50 Plasma.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The sales were better during their "VIP event" day last month. I have a friend who works at FS and gives me cost + a small percent on big ticket items.

The prices that I had seen were CHEAPER on the better sets, then what I've seen in the boxing day flyers.

EB has Dead or Alive 5 on for half price ($29.99) today. Is the game worth it at that price?

At that price I think it's worth it...It's a fun fighter...

I wonder if I should snag DOA Dimensions for 3DS if I can find it for $20 new since I think Game Shack sells it for $15 used.

Haven't heard anything bad about it.

Also, if I were to go for a 3D Fighter for 3DS, should it be this or Tekken?

Never played Tekken but DOA Dimensions was great. Most played game in the launch period.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I wouldn't hold my breath. The sales were better during their "VIP event" day last month. I have a friend who works at FS and gives me cost + a small percent on big ticket items.

The prices that I had seen were CHEAPER on the better sets, then what I've seen in the boxing day flyers.
Yep, better sales throughout the year on TVs than on Boxing Day. A few years ago I bought my TV during the Canada Day sale for $200 less than it was on sale the following Boxing Day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably going to end up selling mine too. It's a solid game, but not what I expected. No levelling up really holds it back. It really lacks any RPG elements at all.

:'(

I'm not the only one...we need a support group since people keep praising this game, but it's just as bad as super paper mario if not worse.

Worse criticism I can label against it is that it's just simply boring.

Tagg9

OT but why the hell does FS sell protein powder now?

Because of people like this.

image.php

iphys

Lol, HDMI cables as doorcrashers. I've never bought an HDMI cable, because they always come for free with every monitor or device that could possibly use them, so I have like 4 of them by now.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

Have you used any of the previous Logitech gamepads? I've found that people tend to be pretty split on whether or not they like the feel of it. It's closer to the size of a 360 pad, but the way the grips are shaped you end up holding it higher in your hand like a PS3 controller.

My brother has the F710 and I have an older Cordless Rumblepad 2 which is basically the same thing except with numbered buttons instead of ABXY. They have pretty strong vibration motors. I've had mine for years now and it's still going strong with no issues. Battery life is pretty good from what I recall. It's a solid controller.

krae_man

Have you used any of the previous Logitech gamepads? I've found that people tend to be pretty split on whether or not they like the feel of it. It's closer to the size of a 360 pad, but the way the grips are shaped you end up holding it higher in your hand like a PS3 controller.

My brother has the F710 and I have an older Cordless Rumblepad 2 which is basically the same thing except with numbered buttons instead of ABXY. They have pretty strong vibration motors. I've had mine for years now and it's still going strong with no issues. Battery life is pretty good from what I recall. It's a solid controller.

I've never used one before, but I prefer the PS3 controller to the 360 controller. Sounds like I'll like this then. Hope I can snag one. I tried playing Mirrors Edge with Mouse and Keyboard today and I hate it.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Anyone have experience with WD Scorpio Blue HDDs in their PS3s? BB and FS have a 500GB for $59.99 and I'd love to upgrade my storage.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone have experience with WD Scorpio Blue HDDs in their PS3s? BB and FS have a 500GB for $59.99 and I'd love to upgrade my storage.
I have one (specifically the WD5000BEVT 500GB 8MB 5400RPM) in my PS3 and have had no problems since I bought it in February 2011.

Cheerilee

Blue is WD's "medium quality" drive. Black is high performance. Black is better if the price is close. But I don't think anyone's been complaining about WD Blue's performance.

MarkusRJR

http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=323&productId=20560&sku=X55URH21

Is this a decent laptop? I'm living without a computer at the moment so really anything would be good tbh. It's on sale for $288 on BD so I was thinking of picking it up. I just need it for web browsing, flash video (youtube/crunchyroll), music management, and school work (office/excel/powerpoint). I can't find any info on battery life but I'm a bit worried because it's a 15.6" screen.

TheExodu5

Banned
Precision Audio Classic 5 speaker set on sale for $300 at BestBuy tonight. I mean, the price tells me they must be complete shit, but the towers have 6.5" woofers so they might not actually be that bad. I feel like taking the chance... The fact that they are so cheap and have 6.5" woofers does kind of bother me though.

What's Best Buy's return policy for stuff ordered online? Would I just take them back to any store?

Sora_N

I have a $25 gift card, maybe I'll grab one as well.

Is there a sale at Amazon.ca? I found BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend for $27 (Limited Edition). Not bad lol. I was gonna order a textbook and saw it, might grab it, good price.

Precision Audio Classic 5 speaker set on sale for $300 at BestBuy tonight. I mean, the price tells me they must be complete shit, but the towers have 6.5" woofers so they might not actually be that bad. I feel like taking the chance... The fact that they are so cheap and have 6.5" woofers does kind of bother me though.

What's Best Buy's return policy for stuff ordered online? Would I just take them back to any store?

Yes take to any store for exchange or full refund.

zroid

Banned
Bestbuy or futureshop has a 500gb one in one of their flyers.

Edit: found it

Hmm... not bad, I guess, but I'm hoping for something smaller/cheaper. 500GB is just way more than I need for the PS3. Even 160GB would do, but those are hardly made nowadays.

I better dig through the td/cc/ncix ads.

krae_man

Hmm... not bad, I guess, but I'm hoping for something smaller/cheaper. 500GB is just way more than I need for the PS3. Even 160GB would do, but those are hardly made nowadays.

I better dig through the td/cc/ncix ads.

If you have Plus, even 500gb won't be enough.

Stat!

We find out the online stuff at 6PM tonight?

Is ACIII going to be $40 or $30? Anyone know? I'm also hoping for decent stuff on xbox accessories? A bigger original xbox 360 harddrive would be nice.

krae_man

We find out the online stuff at 6PM tonight?

Is ACIII going to be $40 or $30? Anyone know? I'm also hoping for decent stuff on xbox accessories? A bigger original xbox 360 harddrive would be nice.

Pretty much any new release you want is $40 everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom