• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Hmm what else is good? I can't think of anything else to look up.

EDIT:

Quick Browse: Mario Hoops, Mario & Luigi Parters in Time, old Mario Sonic Olympics, wow. Nothing else I want though..that I can think of.

Yoshi's Story DS, Diddy Kong Racing

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just tweeted.
Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer

Interested in Xbox Live Gold Membership? (10) one month codes in 30 Minutes!!!!

Also looks like PSN codes are coming later according to an earlier tweet.

Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer

Hey Folks get ready for a flurry of Xbox and PSN codes chances coming over the next two hours.

EB Boxing Day flyer:

Sleeping Dogs - $19.99
XCOM Enemy Unknown - $39.99
Dark Souls - $9.99

These will be mine. I know I'm not going to get more than an hour or two into Dark Souls, so 10 bucks seems like a fair price.

Oh I see how they're doing it, I gotta wait for the PSN ones.

Could you fill me in? I'm Twitter stupid. I just joined yesterday. I'm following them--is that all I have to do?

Why does neither my phone nor iPod show the tweets regarding the giveaways, just my PC?

Wha-?

So I got a tsilon code for PC Far Cry 3 and I go to Futureshop.ca to check it out...they're out of stock. Well that's pretty useless.

Then I get a $50 gift card to FS from work on Monday, but it's being sent via mail. Put the two together, free game! So while I'm waiting for the GC to arrive, FS gets FC3 PC in stock. Perfect!

The GC arrives in the mail today and....FS is sold out of FC3 again.

Feck.

The tsilon code expires on the 23rd, so it's unlikely I'll be able to use it now. I suppose I can still use the GC to get Far Cry, the $15 I'd have to pay is not a real hardship...but the magic is gone.

Just to let everyone know. Future Shop gift cards work at Best Buy and vice versa.

Even the employees that work there aren't aware of it but just ask them to swipe it and will go through. I've used them in 2006/2007 but I believe they still work.

zroid

Banned
Does Sportchek usually have a good boxing day sale? I haven't shopped there in years, but I've come upon a $150 gift card which needs using.

SickBoy

Any word on a vita price drop for boxing day? If not I might just grab an Ipad.

Not yet. I'd been thinking of picking one up, since the idea of buying a second PS3 instead of just upgrading the HDD seemed a little less appealing when I saw how much less value the "Boxing Day PS3" was next to the "Boxing Day 360."

I don't need a 360, but it's a principle thing at this point, I think :)

Guess I'll be waiting on a price drop or a better bundle. Or both.

gillFTR

Not yet. I'd been thinking of picking one up, since the idea of buying a second PS3 instead of just upgrading the HDD seemed a little less appealing when I saw how much less value the "Boxing Day PS3" was next to the "Boxing Day 360."

I don't need a 360, but it's a principle thing at this point, I think :)

Guess I'll be waiting on a price drop or a better bundle. Or both.

It seems like ff/bs is our last hope. At this point I really need a price drop to entice me. I got a 3DS and I would love to buy my first Ipad.

also 120$ for 3DS with Super Mario Land http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00A7K5CJ2/

Yawnier

Banned
Disney Universe $6
Facebook Cards 20% off
Socom4 PS3 $10 (worth getting?)

EB

I really am not sure if Socom 4 is worth it at that price.

From what I understood from several Socom players on this board was it was even worse then Socom: Confrontation (which I personally, did not find to be all that bad after several patches).

Plus, it released either during or before the PSN outage last year which pretty much screwed up it's community from the get go.

DJ_Lae

How is that Disney Universe game, any good? I should probably buy that as a gift to my little cousin.

Seems to be a passable clone of the Lego games.

I'm going to nab it at that price as a gift for my daughter. I already picked her up that Kinect Disneyland Adventures for a similar price and it was worth it too.

Whats the eta on FS and BB flyers coming online? I think they are usually leaked by now.

Its not gaming related but does anyone know if old navy is having a blowout sale this year?

krae_man

What are the DS/3DS deals?

3DS XL for $150, Sticker Star and NSMB2 for $30 at Futureshop.

Bestbuy is $160 for the 3DS XL with BBS included. Same deals on Sticker Star and NSMB2.

Edit: Bestbuy Boxing day Vita deal is Rayman Origins for free. It says "$40 value" when the game is listed as on sale for $20 right below it. Ha ha ha ha ha

Bestbuy is $160 for the 3DS XL with BBS included. Same deals on Sticker Star and NSMB2.

Edit: Bestbuy Boxing day Vita deal is Rayman Origins for free. It says "$40 value" when the game is listed as on sale for $20 right below it. Ha ha ha ha ha

PM has been $30 at BB for a month or so.

I'm hoping for some nice price cuts, it won't be the same now that Sears have cut off selling games. :(

SickBoy

Yeah, I suppose they're taking the regular price on Origins when they put that there... but it looks pretty bad.

Pretty mediocre Boxing Day for me overall. Guess I don't have to worry too much about braving the crowds :) A couple of things I wouldn't mind at EB, but I think they're always disproportionately busy for the quality of their deals on Boxing Day

krae_man

Yeah, I suppose they're taking the regular price on Origins when they put that there... but it looks pretty bad.

They are doing it for the PS3 bundles as well. They included Sleeping dogs and Medal of Honor and say "Save $120" yet the games are on sale for $20 each.

What the fuck is SCEC thinking with these crappy bundles?

zroid

Banned
Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 is $10 at FS. Still need to get that and Pt. 1 to round out my Harry Potter blu-rays, so might finally grab it now. Hopefully Pt. 1 will be that much or lower.

edit: Um. Why is FS advertising nutritional supplements? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom