• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Do you guys think there's gonna be any preorder/normal deals on Fire Emblem (3DS) anytime? Anywhere?

zroid

Banned
I'm holding out hope for a Trade 1 at FS, but other than that, probably no. Just the usual $5 off at BB, and the art book at EB.

Does anyone know if there's any places that I could get Rocksmith PC with the Bass Expansion with for $60 or less?

Because, I can order it from Amazon.com for $53 (incl. shipping and tax) but if I could purchase it anywhere in Canada and have it arrive quicker for a little bit more, I wouldn't mind paying extra.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know if there's any places that I could get Rocksmith PC with the Bass Expansion with for $60 or less?

Because, I can order it from Amazon.com for $53 (incl. shipping and tax) but if I could purchase it anywhere in Canada and have it arrive quicker for a little bit more, I wouldn't mind paying extra.
It was on sale last month at EB, but that was the last time I saw it on sale.

Sora_N

Let me know if you can't find it. I'm in Calgary, but I don't mind looking for a copy and shipping it out if you really want it.

PM'd

EDIT: Lol PS3 Super Slim White is Limited Edition. (Email from Best Buy)

Limited Edition White PlayStation® 3 available for the first time in Canada!
• 1-year subscription to PlayStation® Plus
with instant access to 12 games!
• 500GB of storage
The largest hard drive available on a PS3.
• A built-in Blu-ray™ player for your HD movie collection
Pristine picture quality delivered at 1080p.

krae_man

I just got this:

hyTIT.jpg

Sora_N

I suppose if someone really wanted to, they could get their TLOU code and then cancel or return their PS3 order.

They probably ship before they send out the code? Too bad I don't drive, not sure if I want to lug a PS3 for return to save $30 lol.

Hmm it says you get the code within 30 days.

Walked into eb games after 12 years or so, saw walls of used games with no new games in sight, walked out. The employees were assholes too, fucking awful store.

Sora_N

This EB chick got so mad at me for like a year since I returned two games and kept the preorder bonus lol. I returned Anarchy Reigns without the code the other day, she didn't say anything but it was an online order soooo whatever.

Weird experience. I generally have no problems inside EB. Rarely have issues with the employees.

Last time I went to an EB game store was around Christmas 2001 to buy Ace Combat 4 for PS2. I was standing in line with the case and the manager and one of the employees were looking at me as if I was about to steal from their precious store, they kept eyeing me and it was very uncomfortable...I never had this experience anywhere else. Never went to an EB ever again until yesterday. And the store is still shit (different location but still shit). Idiot employees who don't know customer service 101...

zroid

Banned
I returned Anarchy Reigns without the code the other day, she didn't say anything but it was an online order soooo whatever.

LOL I got the most passive aggression when I did that last week. They kept prodding me about why I was returning it, far more than usual. I brushed off their questions easily enough, but it was awkward. :p

I guess I was technically ripping EB off, so I can't be too hard on them.

DJ_Lae

This EB chick got so mad at me for like a year since I returned two games and kept the preorder bonus lol. I returned Anarchy Reigns without the code the other day, she didn't say anything but it was an online order soooo whatever.

I did that with Last Story. Returned my online EBGames order but kept the soundtrack disc. Did it because the same day I got my $20 Future Shop copy of Last Story, only I guess they didn't get the preorder bonuses.

Returning online orders is very interesting at EB. You fully get the sense that each store is its own completely separate entity - I'm amazed the online stock tracker functions at all.

Walked into eb games after 12 years or so, saw walls of used games with no new games in sight, walked out. The employees were assholes too, fucking awful store.

They've started mixing their "Recycled" games with the new games with the exception of the New Releases wall. Harder for people to just avoid the used section of the store.

Staff is hit or miss at any retailer. The EB outside of Calgary that I go to has awesome staff and is one of the only reasons I actually still go to an EB games.

I did that with Last Story. Returned my online EBGames order but kept the soundtrack disc. Did it because the same day I got my $20 Future Shop copy of Last Story, only I guess they didn't get the preorder bonuses.

Returning online orders is very interesting at EB. You fully get the sense that each store is its own completely separate entity - I'm amazed the online stock tracker functions at all.

The online stock tracker is garbage. Be way when it says "Low Stock" as it's a 50/50 on whether the copy they have in stock is actually a defective return sitting in the back room.

They've started mixing their "Recycled" games with the new games with the exception of the New Releases wall. Harder for people to just avoid the used section of the store.

Staff is hit or miss at any retailer. The EB outside of Calgary that I go to has awesome staff and is one of the only reasons I actually still go to an EB games.

yea you are probably right about the staff, but they won't be getting my money ever again. Online shopping is much better and much more pleasant experience anyway :)

Cheerilee

They used to have sections divided by system, with a used game section next to each new game section.

But then they changed their policy. New and used games all shuffled together. Instead of being able to browse new or browse used, you're just supposed to browse by title. It's new focus is designed around people who don't even care if the game is new or used.

Sora_N

LOL I got the most passive aggression when I did that last week. They kept prodding me about why I was returning it, far more than usual. I brushed off their questions easily enough, but it was awkward. :p

I guess I was technically ripping EB off, so I can't be too hard on them.

I just lied and said I never got a code online, doesn't matter and she didn't say anything so whatever. Was surprised she didn't make some comment though, lol. I was ready to flip back at her if she did (she flipped on me several times over the past year, maybe she got over it).

I'm probably gonna do the same for MGR unless I find a 3rd game to trade in for the promo, $20 off is better than whatever at EB if I didn't get a trade bonus.

zroid

Banned
Haha, well they never actually asked me if I got the code, so I didn't have to lie outright. But I could tell they were thinking it. :p

If I do this for the Fire Emblem art book, I'll probably go to a different store though. I have so many in my vicinity.

Sora_N

Haha, well they never actually asked me if I got the code, so I didn't have to lie outright. But I could tell they were thinking it. :p

If I do this for the Fire Emblem art book, I'll probably go to a different store though. I have so many in my vicinity.

I just ordered FE online, will return to store when I get it. I'm too lazy now and don't work near EBs.

I didn't really need to give an excuse but yeah. Last time some kid asked me why I'm returning, and I asked him "Do I need a reason?".

frequency

Pre-ordering just to grab a pre-order bonus with every intention of returning the game sounds incredibly shady to me. I didn't think people here did that. Or at least wouldn't so openly almost-brag about it.

But maybe I'm just too uptight.

zroid

Banned
Funnily enough, I think on the packing slip it says they will only accept returns "with valid reason" :lol

Of course, any reason is valid...

Riptwo

Has anyone else had Tomb Raider PC preorders cancelled from Future Shop at random? This happened to a friend and I (he used a Tsilon code, I used the buy 3 E3 promo), and I'm not sure if I should call in immediately or if it's just a short term glitch.

Sora_N

Pre-ordering just to grab a pre-order bonus with every intention of returning the game sounds incredibly shady to me. I didn't think people here did that. Or at least wouldn't so openly almost-brag about it.

I apologize if you feel offended.

zroid

Banned

Sorry, I wasn't trying to brag, per se. :(

Sometimes we have to jump through some loopholes to get good deals; at the end of the day, it's not really hurting anyone much. If EB wanted to, they could put their physical pre-order bonuses into inventory (like BB and FS do) so they won't accept returns unless bonuses are included.

Rest assured, this doesn't even approach the slimy practises some people (cough, RFDers) routinely engage in.

Sometimes we have to jump through some loopholes to get good deals; at the end of the day, it's not really hurting anyone much. If EB wanted to, they could put their physical pre-order bonuses into inventory (like BB and FS do) so they won't accept returns unless bonuses are included.

Rest assured, this doesn't even approach the slimy practises some people (cough, RFDers) routinely engage in.

Not sure if they still do, but when I worked at EB they had the pre-order bonuses in the system. Maybe it's a case of the retail section having it and not the online.

yea you are probably right about the staff, but they won't be getting my money ever again. Online shopping is much better and much more pleasant experience anyway :)

And I think you have every right to make that decision. I'm not of the mindset that you should go to retail for fear of them going out of business, especially when they treat their customers like shit. EB Games really has no excuse for why people complain so often about their staff. There's an endless supply of very eager and passionate people that want to work there, so it's not like The GAP or Best Buy where they're so desperate for staff that they hire everyone who can speak coherently.

Preorder bonuses are kept in inventory, but since it's usually a code, nobody really gives a damn.

I dunno if this is common knowledge, but I saw Sonic Generations is on clearance ($10 brand new) for 360 and ps3 at futureshop... sold out online, but still seems to be in stock at many locations locally for me (edmonton)...
I snagged the last copy at mine. Thanks!

Has anyone else had Tomb Raider PC preorders cancelled from Future Shop at random? This happened to a friend and I (he used a Tsilon code, I used the buy 3 E3 promo), and I'm not sure if I should call in immediately or if it's just a short term glitch.

I believe Tomb Raider PC is digital-only, so that may be why your order got cancelled. The same thing happened with CS: GO pre-orders.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It was mentioned in the MGR thread that BB will get the MGS4 Raiden skin, but anyone know what pre-order bonuses are that FS will be getting for all of us Tsilon folk?

Not expecting a godlike Gray Fox skin or anything as that's probably exclusive EB like it is in the US, but something would be nice if everywhere else is getting stuff.

Anth0ny

Is there a reason why my tsilon GTA V pre-order code is still pending? Is this normal?

I got a couple emailed already (Bioshock, Tomb Raider), but I'm still waiting on that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom