• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorggy

Is there a reason why my tsilon GTA V pre-order code is still pending? Is this normal?

I got a couple emailed already (Bioshock, Tomb Raider), but I'm still waiting on that one...

I got tomb raider and MGR codes but the others I want are pending... in my experience, if you don't get a code right away, you probably won't get one.. even if it says pending :(

Mikey Jr.

My fucking credit card expires this June, so I can't preorder any of the games. I tried changing my expiration date, but it does not go through. Just says error.

FUCK.

Guess I have to go to my bank and request a new one?

The codes expire when? If I don't get my new card by then, I guess I'll just have to give away my codes.

My fucking credit card expires this June, so I can't preorder any of the games. I tried changing my expiration date, but it does not go through. Just says error.

FUCK.

Guess I have to go to my bank and request a new one?

The codes expire when? If I don't get my new card by then, I guess I'll just have to give away my codes.

ooops nvm

zroid

Banned
iNetVideo.ca has some games on sale.

I've shopped with them once before, was fine. S&H is $2.75 for the 1st item, $2.75 more for the 2nd item, and an additional $1 each for subsequent items.

Select listings:
- Game of Thrones PS3 - $15.99 (no clue if this includes the book or not)
- El Shaddai PS3 - $14.99
- Record of Agarest War Zero PS3 - $15.99
- Prince of Persia Trilogy PS3 - $14.99
- Bayonetta PS3 (used) - $13.99
- NeverDead PS3 (lawl) - $9.99
- Yakuza Dead Souls PS3 - $14.99
- Lost in Shadow Wii - $9.99
- Golden Sun Dark Dawn DS (used) - $9.99

Vamphuntr

iNetVideo.ca has some games on sale.

I've shopped with them once before, was fine. S&H is $2.75 for the 1st item, $2.75 more for the 2nd item, and an additional $1 each for subsequent items.

Select listings:
- Game of Thrones PS3 - $15.99 (no clue if this includes the book or not)
- El Shaddai PS3 - $14.99
- Record of Agarest War Zero PS3 - $15.99
- Prince of Persia Trilogy PS3 - $14.99
- Bayonetta PS3 (used) - $13.99
- NeverDead PS3 (lawl) - $9.99
- Yakuza Dead Souls PS3 - $14.99
- Lost in Shadow Wii - $9.99
- Golden Sun Dark Dawn DS (used) - $9.99

They have a store near where I live. They basically only sell bargains bins DVD/BR and games. The owner probably buys wholesales unsold DVD/BR/Games and try to sell them.

zroid

Banned
Not game related at all obviously but Livingsocial's got $5 for a $10 starbucks eCert (the balance can be transferred directly to an existing Starbucks card if you have one). 6 hours left!

Edit: Bought a couple and already received the codes. That was fast!

krae_man

FYI people the Misters said Only Tomb Raider still has codes left and if your codes are still pending, that means they don't have any more and probably won't get any more.

Also I still have an invite left if anyone still needs one.

Mr. F

Banned
FYI people the Misters said Only Tomb Raider still has codes left and if your codes are still pending, that means they don't have any more and probably won't get any more.

Also I still have an invite left if anyone still needs one.

Ah shit, I should have jumped on GTA earlier.

If anyone has a GTA or Bioshock code they'd like to get rid of, feel free to PM!

snack

I have coupon codes for Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider to give out. First to quote this post with either of the games will get the code.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

L3E2

I have Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider 20$ off tsilon codes I'm not going to use anymore. Send me a PM if you want them!

SickBoy

Just curious if anyone's had any experience using a gift card for a Future Shop preorder (even better yet, in concert with a tsilon code). Traded in a couple of games for a $60 GC and would like to preorder a couple of games with it.

In particular, I'm curious what happens to the credit -- does it come off the card immediately (so if I preorder two games, the GC will apply $40+tax to the first game and the remainder to the other?) or what?

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for the help.

zroid

Banned
Amazon Prime service is now offered in Canada? Is this new? Should I care? Not a lot of chatter about it in this thread, so I guess not huh.

It was brought up a few pages back. Can't say I'm too thrilled about the service personally, since free shipping is already one-day shipping for me.

In particular, I'm curious what happens to the credit -- does it come off the card immediately (so if I preorder two games, the GC will apply $40+tax to the first game and the remainder to the other?) or what?

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for the help.

The gift card is charged much like a credit card. You can apply the gift card any time before the item ships if you want, and it'll always take priority in being charged over your cc.

SickBoy

The gift card is charged much like a credit card. You can apply the gift card any time before the item ships if you want, and it'll always take priority in being charged over your cc.

So the charges won't come off the gift card until such time as the item ships?

I guess whatever the case, it seems pretty straightforward... just trying to make sure there are no potential pitfalls.

Leeness

If anyone would like my Tomb Raider tsilon code, just give me a shout. I ordered it during the e3 deal and hoped I could stack, but no. :p

Cheerilee

Amazon Prime service is now offered in Canada? Is this new? Should I care? Not a lot of chatter about it in this thread, so I guess not huh.

It's $80 a year for slightly faster "free" shipping, and it has no minimum purchase needed to qualify for "free" shipping.

Basic questions to ask yourself:

- Does the current speed of Amazon's free shipping bother you?
- Does the need to gather $25 worth of items every time you want free shipping bother you?
- Are you willing to pay for better shipping, but you're not willing to "pay for better shipping" (if you know what I mean)?

Hi Canada-GAF,

I got all my tsilon codes here, but since I'm buying a house very soonish I figured my income isn't as disposable as it used to be. Therefore, I'm only getting Metal Gear Rising and you guys can have the rest.

God of War: Ascension
Gears of War Judgement
Grand Theft Auto 5

Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite

Just quote this post and cut out everything except the code(s) you want. I'll PM the code afterwards.

Hi Canada-GAF,

I got all my tsilon codes here, but since I'm buying a house very soonish I figured my income isn't as disposable as it used to be. Therefore, I'm only getting Metal Gear Rising and you guys can have the rest.

Grand Theft Auto 5

Just quote this post and cut out everything except the code(s) you want. I'll PM the code afterwards.
please and thank you

The price of 2 day shipping is around 7.50, so at that rate you'd have to make one order per month to break even on the shipping. If you don't order more than that, you'll be paying extra for 2 day shipping.

Doubling that to 2 orders per month just nets a savings of 50 % on 2 day shipping, so it really depends if saving a day or 2 of shipping time is worth $3 per order.

I'm not sure how much people order per month on average, but I know I'm definitely not buying more than once every 6 months or so.

Hi Canada-GAF,

God of War: Ascension
BioShock Infinite
Mine just says pending so I'd really like this please GoW. And I kind of need another copy of BioShock.

L3E2

Hi Canada-GAF,

Gears of War Judgement

If you're not using your Gears of War code I'd like it to give to my friend to use if possible.

Big Chungus

What are the chances of games going on sale(-10%) at futureshop before the 31st?

I wonder if I should wait until then to use my tsilon code.

Mikey Jr.

What are the chances of games going on sale(-10%) at futureshop before the 31st?

Ummm, how is GTAV supposed to go on sale before the 31st when it isn't even out for like 5 months?

ie. use your codes now.

zroid

Banned

Slim, but if you can wait, you might as well wait

Ummm, how is GTAV supposed to go on sale before the 31st when it isn't even out for like 5 months?

ie. use your codes now.

He's talking about one of their online only sales where all games are 10% off

I hate to do this, but are any Vancouver/richmond gaffers looking for a roommate or know anyone who is? Shit is stressing me out right now and I need help. Budget is around 550 (more or less depending on whether or not I need a bus pass). Help a brother out.

Sora_N

Hey guys,

I just grabbed a copy of DmC for $30, used a 30 off 60 coupon (bought teddy bear cookies for 0.50) at TRU. I have a spare coupon left, first person to quote me and post what they might buy with it will get the coupon, I just need you to paypal me the stamp postage, it expires Jan 31 so you should still have time to use it. :). Good perk to have worked there before lol.

Also it excludes video game hardware, gift and points cards.

Anony

Hey guys,

I just grabbed a copy of DmC for $30, used a 30 off 60 coupon (bought teddy bear cookies for 0.50) at TRU. I have a spare coupon left, first person to quote me and post what they might buy with it will get the coupon, I just need you to paypal me the stamp postage, it expires Jan 31 so you should still have time to use it. :). Good perk to have worked there before lol.

Also it excludes video game hardware, gift and points cards.

nvmd, it expires too soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom