• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, indeed. I might have to pop downtown today and do this, before they end up axing half the list by tomorrow.

Yeah. This changes my plans tonight. I'm going to focus on getting this shit done. Do they actually honour the DS games they have listed too?

That's crazy!

Kazerei

Banned
Oh FutureShop, you so crazy. They should've learned their lesson months ago when everyone dumped Tintin and Champion Jockey on them. Oh well!

$20 off Futureshop preorder codes. Quote to see:

Bioshock Infinite
Gears of War Judgement
Grand Theft Auto 5
Tomb Raider
God of War Ascension
Metal Gear Rising

Please indicate if you took a code so I can remove it.

$20 off Futureshop preorder codes. Quote to see:

Bioshock Infinite
Gears of War Judgement
Grand Theft Auto 5
Tomb Raider
God of War Ascension
Metal Gear Rising

Please indicate if you took a code so I can remove it.

i took the GTA 5 thnak you!

Edit: LOL wtf, it wont let me process till the end... :/ the coupon works, there seems to be a problem with my credit card lol

iiicon

Oh man, the crazy list is back. Won't be able to take advantage of it this time because I'm at work. Managed to get rid of four games last week though, and I wouldn't want to go around to stores looking for cheap qualifiers anyway. As long as they add Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U to their trade list before Fire Emblem comes out, I'll be happy.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Thankfully I have five cheapo qualifiers on that list ready to go (two being DS games), so I won't do much hunting except for dropping by Gamecentre to see if I can score one more $10 title.

So if I were to go tonight after work (7pm) will the list still be valid or are they pretty on top of these things. Maybe it's actually a legit list and they are trying to beat eb?

What's happening? What did I miss?

the FS trade 2 games for 60 dollar gift card has qualifiying games that you can get for 10~ dollars.

so 40 dollar profit i guess.... or getting rid of useless games for profit :p

also, it IS my creditcard date :p thanks, i was about to call my Company.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just to clarify, it's only one per person. I had about 14 games on that list and was going to grab a wii u, but I might pass now.

My wife and I will both trade in, so that $120 will pay for most of gaming in the next two months (Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter). I don't have the desire to pop around to multiple stores, with the chance of being shot down anyway.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I don't know. That would cover a good portion of a next gen system. A lot of what I'm doin now is next gen prep.
Pretty much. I have a couple hundred dollars in SDM points set aside for games and peripherals, and if I play my cards right with FutureShop, a PS4 funded.

daevv

Has anyone here ordered from the Namco Bandai store before? I'm wondering when they ship to Canada do they use UPS or USPS? I bought the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition yesterday and would like not to play the UPS customs robbery fee seeing I already paid $23.45 for shipping.

Store Link

Has anyone here ordered from the Namco Bandai store before? I'm wondering when they ship to Canada do they use UPS or USPS? I bought the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition yesterday and would like not to play the UPS customs robbery fee seeing I already paid $23.45 for shipping.

Store Link

They charged you $24 for shipping? Is this the amount that appeared on your order confirmation? I'll be charged $4 for shipping according to my confirmation email, but I've been trying to look up my order on Club Namco to confirm but I keep getting errors.

Edit: Also regarding the customs brokerage fees that UPS charges: I've found that if you call up UPS' customs brokerage group and tell them you're going to self clear the package and directly pay the customs fees by filling out a form with your local CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency), they'll reduce the fee significantly so that they're still getting something. The last thing I was hit with customs fees on they dropped from $35 to $10.

Sora_N

I'm not really sure what games you guys are using for the trades, I don't really see much that I can grab for under 20. I know there's a bunch of games on the list that are $20 bin ones. I only get $15 bonus credit if I do that (taxes), don't know if I'd go around just to do that since last time they axed the list within 2 days. :/

BadWolf

Haven't done this trading thing before, anyone know which games from the list are cheap/easy to find to trade for that gift card at futureshop?

Well UFC 3 and Assassins Creed 3 are on the list again but when I tried trading them last week the SKUs weren't exactly right and I didn't have time to argue, don't even think its worth it to try again and potentially waste 30-60 minutes

It's BS when Futureshop won't accept FS exclusive versions of games or "special editions" which were what all pre-orders were by default

Kifimbo

I'm not really sure what games you guys are using for the trades, I don't really see much that I can grab for under 20. I know there's a bunch of games on the list that are $20 bin ones. I only get $15 bonus credit if I do that (taxes), don't know if I'd go around just to do that since last time they axed the list within 2 days. :/

Batman Arkham City is 15$ used at every EBGames.
Same for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
Same for Dark Souls.

30$+tx for a 60$ gift card.

Just reserved a few games online at Future Shop to flip there after work (I'll do two, fiance will do two). The great part is if they're pulled off the list before the end of the day I can just not go pick them up since they don't charge in advance.

Arkham City - Used $15
Lollipop Chainsaw - Used $15
Lego Harry Potter Vita $15
Spyhunter Vita $20

73.45 = 120.00

daevv

They charged you $24 for shipping? Is this the amount that appeared on your order confirmation? I'll be charged $4 for shipping according to my confirmation email, but I've been trying to look up my order on Club Namco to confirm but I keep getting errors.

Edit: Also regarding the customs brokerage fees that UPS charges: I've found that if you call up UPS' customs brokerage group and tell them you're going to self clear the package and directly pay the customs fees by filling out a form with your local CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency), they'll reduce the fee significantly so that they're still getting something. The last thing I was hit with customs fees on they dropped from $35 to $10.

My confirmation email shows:

Subtotal: $99.99
Shipping: $23.45
Tax: $0.00
Total: $123.44

It was the only shipping method I could choose. Maybe because my address is in Newfoundland. When It's shipped I'll know the shipping number and if its with UPS. I'll try calling them about lowering the fee then. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom