• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Aww, no Vita games included in the sale. I've played pretty much everything, but I wanted to get physical versions of MGS HD and Black Ops Declassified. Hoping they're discounted on Boxing Day for as much as they would've been here.

Anth0ny

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck how did I miss this?? 50% Mario Kart 7 would have been amazing =(

None the less, I got some okay stuff:

MGS4 for $7.50
Gears of War Trilogy for $12.50

Haven't played any of those games yet, seems like a decent price.

Jachaos

So there should be PS4 stations set up at the Sony Store in the Eaton Centre in Montréal right ? What about Sony Style stores ?

Parapraxis

After 5 or so tries I got my order in with best buy.
Fear 3, MGS4, and Dragons Dogma dark arisen for $31 (taxes in)
Great deal.

Sora_N

Aww, no Vita games included in the sale. I've played pretty much everything, but I wanted to get physical versions of MGS HD and Black Ops Declassified. Hoping they're discounted on Boxing Day for as much as they would've been here.

Yeah I was hoping for MGS HD for Vita (I don't have time to play on my PS3 anymore)

Deadly

Got my confirmation earlier. The ones I didn't want couldn't be reserved but the ones I did worked fine yay! Revengeance LE and Dragon's Dogma DD for 34$. I hope they're in good condition since it's 360. I had initially jumped on the idea of used games for cheap since I was planning to buy for PS3 and BD doesn't really scratch/damage.

Managed to get one of the $199 WiiU's at Shoppers today, the 20x points makes it a great deal if you buy a game with it. I had some points already so combined with the 20x from the WiiU console, I ended up with a new 8GB WiiU, New Super Mario Bros U, and Nintendo Land for $199, good deal IMO.

So if you are looking for NintendoLand, Shoppers didn't advertise it but they were putting it on Clearance for $19.99 if you are wanting to pick one up.

Which brings me to my question: This 50% off Used Games at BB/FS is it instore only? The thread seems to indicate its Website, but I didn't notice any special deals? (I could likely be blind).

Jo-El

Managed to get one of the $199 WiiU's at Shoppers today, the 20x points makes it a great deal if you buy a game with it. I had some points already so combined with the 20x from the WiiU console, I ended up with a new 8GB WiiU, New Super Mario Bros U, and Nintendo Land for $199, good deal IMO.

So if you are looking for NintendoLand, Shoppers didn't advertise it but they were putting it on Clearance for $19.99 if you are wanting to pick one up.

Which brings me to my question: This 50% off Used Games at BB/FS is it instore only? The thread seems to indicate its Website, but I didn't notice any special deals? (I could likely be blind).

Wii U and Vita games aren't part of the sale.

Lexxism

It's online only and Vita and Wiiu are the only which don't have any 50% off. You can see the special deal if you open the game that you like and then you'll see a special offer indication a 50% off.

edit: beaten

SickBoy

That Wii U deal at Shoppers is great. I got my system when Costco was clearing them out at $200, which I think is a really fair price for the system. For that price plus the Optimum points it's tough to go wrong.

Going to peek at my local Future Shop and see if there's anything good available used, since it sounds like it's online and in-store.

isny

napkin dispenser

Did this too. I now have enough points for $110 during a bonus redemption. Very happy!

Also managed to snag a LE copy of Skyward Sword for $19.99 from the bargain bin at SDM!

Anyone found the Dual Shock 4 for sale in Edmonton? I havent gone out looking yet, but I want to pick an extra one up now to use on PS3. I loved the feel of it at PAX.

Quick

Banned
Has anybody signed up for EB Games' new EDGE points card? It's a new thing they offer now along with the usual $15 membership.

jokkir

What exactly is that Instant Rebate at Canada Computers and what do you have to do to get it cheaper? I'm trying to get new earphones there and thought you guys might know

What exactly is that Instant Rebate at Canada Computers and what do you have to do to get it cheaper? I'm trying to get new earphones there and thought you guys might know

That's just their vaguely weird name for how much you save off the normal price. You don't have to do anything to get it, Canada Computers just sells it to you for the after-instant-rebate price. It's different from a MAIL-IN rebate, where you get the money after mailing in a UPC code and some stuff to a random place in the U.S. or whatnot.

Gadirok

Ps4 at metrotown Sony store trying it while I type this.

How does it look?

List me with every disappointment you have with the system and controller. I'm tired of hearing only the pros and don't have the time to actually go out to check if a local sony store has it near me.

o_o

I got a Dual Shock 4 today in Owen Sound, the EB guy said they don't have any embargo on them or the PSEye so every EB should sell them.

btkadams

is it possible to return an online purchase to the store (futureshop) without a printed receipt? i have the pdf open on my phone but do not have a working printer.

jokkir

That's just their vaguely weird name for how much you save off the normal price. You don't have to do anything to get it, Canada Computers just sells it to you for the after-instant-rebate price. It's different from a MAIL-IN rebate, where you get the money after mailing in a UPC code and some stuff to a random place in the U.S. or whatnot.

Ah, okay thanks! Yeah, I was a bit confused about mail-in rebate and whatever they were offering

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
is it possible to return an online purchase to the store (futureshop) without a printed receipt? i have the pdf open on my phone but do not have a working printer.
Yes. You don't even need to show them the pdf on your phone. When I returned Wind Waker (because I got the Ganon figure bundle and didn't need my FS copy) they just scanned the code on the game and swiped my credit card and it automatically brought up the correct order in their system for the return. At Best Buy I always have to log into my account there and print off my receipt in the store to do the same thing.

btkadams

I guess you can, they may just pull the details off their system using the order number from the pdf!

Yes. You don't even need to show them the pdf on your phone. When I returned Wind Waker (because I got the Ganon figure bundle and didn't need my FS copy) they just scanned the code on the game and swiped my credit card and it automatically brought up the correct order in their system for the return. At Best Buy I always have to log into my account there and print off my receipt in the store to do the same thing.

thanks guys. it's closed now, but i'll go in tomorrow

Zing

Banned
Has anybody signed up for EB Games' new EDGE points card? It's a new thing they offer now along with the usual $15 membership.
I just got the free "red" card. Strictly for the one time 10% discount. I don't buy or trade enough to care otherwise.

The futureshop wii motion plus was a great deal. It isn't the first time a remote bundle went for $10. It's sold out everywhere near me, though.

Winnipeg KP Target:

Found these Wii titles on clearance

Call Of Duty Black Ops II $17.99
Assassins Creed III $17.99
Tekken Tag Tournment $13.99
Tanks Tanks Tanks $13.99

YMMV

Zing

Banned
Probably both as a digital download =(. And I want it in white.

But so tempting.
I also am frustrated that Nintendo insists on black for the Wii U, despite the fact that other regions get white. Even Japanese retail game covers show white game pad while ours are black. I gave up and bought a Wii U basic system for $200 along with a used copy of NSMBU for $30. This means I am getting Mario and Luigi games plus the basic system for $250. Neither the basic nor the deluxe has enough storage to handle moderate digital downloads, so you need external storage anyway, and the stand/charger are unnecessary.

I should mention that I bought my new system from Kijiji. For whatever reason, there are a few people selling brand new systems for cheap. This is preferred since you won't pay tax. Saved me another $30.

Top Bottom