• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

iphys

The Mario Wii U bundle officially makes me regret being an early adopter. If games had actually come out when they were supposed to, I could have at least said I got to play the Wii U for nearly a year before the price dropped and the bundled games went up in value, but with all the game delays with Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, etc., there was really no point in getting a Wii U till this fall anyway. Oh well, I hope everyone jumps on this bundle for the good of the Wii U.

The Mario Wii U bundle officially makes me regret being an early adopter. If games had actually come out when they were supposed to, I could have at least said I got to play the Wii U for nearly a year before the price dropped and the bundled games went up in value, but with all the game delays with Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, etc., there was really no point in getting a Wii U till this fall anyway. Oh well, I hope everyone jumps on this bundle for the good of the Wii U.

I think this is gonna be the default Wii U bundle for a while, definitely would have jumped on it if I didn't have one already!

How do you get the $25 off $75 purchase using paypal? I try going through the paypal payment and it shows me just the regular price, and then when it goes to shop.ca to complete it, I only see the option to redeem the $25 off $100 purchase for signing up.

FYI, you also get 20% cash back for shopping from shop.ca via ebates.ca.

Edit: Nevermind I just noticed it said something about a special offer on the Paypal page, so I took the chance in checking out, but I don't think it gave me the second $25 off. At least I got another $10 off with the promo code SHOPEBATES and I should be getting a nice cash back from ebates.ca I hope.

Double edit: Oh, just logged into my paypal and clicked on my transaction to see the exact details, and it does show that $25 was covered by the special offer. Sweet! I think I just got myself a Kobo Glo for under $60 assuming the ebates cash back comes through, and that would usually run like $150 after tax!

Triple edit: $21.44 cash back from ebates, so total cost worked out to $57.35. Mwa ha ha ha! Thanks, InfinityBCRT!

Hmmm, that may be handy to pick up a PS3 super silm to replace my dying 60gig. I'll have to keep an eye out to see when it's no longer out of stock.

zroid

Banned
I like how sleek the console looks, Knack is really a surprise for me. I immediately tried it on hard difficulty, and Cerny's knack (pun intended) for platformers/character based games really shows. While not exactly like his previous games, it did bring the feeling of PS1 era Crash and Genesis era Sonic for me. If I were to get a PS4 for launch, I'd get Knack. But what I was most impressed with was with the DS4, I didn't think it would be that much improved over the previous Dual Shocks.

I hope I get a chance to try it soon. I haven't been too impressed with Knack so far, but it's the only launch game I could see myself potentially wanting to get.

I don't expect to get a PS4 this year, but it really all depends on when Shoppers does their next redemption event. If it's in December... I will probably get it in December.

You are mostly right, but the lack of selection wasn't because of the model.

Pokemon X/Y was basically the start of us getting 3DS/Vita games in stock going forward. Angry Birds Star Wars and Lego Marvel Super Heroes are also in stock now. And Arkham Origins Blackgate was in stock, but we temporarily took it down to fix a mix up in the cover art, and should be back up tomorrow.

It's not what my regular role is, but we're a relatively small team, so I do have some say in terms of the Video Games. Right now I'm just trying to make sure we get the new games in stock every week, and promote them correctly. Your other concerns are valid and its stuff that I already fully intend to address on the Video Games section (and there are other people working on the same stuff for the rest of the site).

Can't ask for much more than that, really. Thanks for responding to my concerns. I'll keep checking out the site, and I wish you guys luck.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I was tempted to order two copies of Zelda...anyone willing to go in with me and get a copy of Zelda for $35 shipped?

I'm down. How would we do this?

So I ordered some 3DS games during that Futureshop used game sale: Mario Kart 7, NSMB2, and Super Mario 3D Land. All in one order, all were in stock.

Now it's saying that Mario Kart 7 isn't in stock. Alright, fair enough.

They've shipped out 3D Land, but are holding back NSMB2 because they've bundled it in an order with Mario Kart 7.

Whyyyyyy

iphys

I have been thinking about getting one off Kijiji but for 15$ this might be an easier option, definitely not paying 100$ for Wii Fit like people used to pay a few years ago!

Yeah, I've always wanted to try a Balance Board for Punch-Out and other games, but there is no way I'm dropping a huge sum of money on one, and those greasy footprints on the used ones on kijiji are pretty off-putting. I think the Wii Fit U bundle is going to be $90, and the Fit Meter does add extra value, but somehow I just can't see myself playing Wii Fit enough to justify that. If the trial manages to be any fun, maybe I'll spend the $20 for the Fit Meter and trial unlock though.

soultron

Banned
Not really a unknown deal, but reminding everyone that the RE: Revelations and Mercenaries 3D deals on the 3DS eShop end on Thursday 31 October. Each is only $10.

Picked up Revelations last night for that price (the download is huuuuge... like 25K blocks!) but haven't played it yet.

Lexxism

I have been thinking about getting one off Kijiji but for 15$ this might be an easier option, definitely not paying 100$ for Wii Fit like people used to pay a few years ago!

How about trying ebgames? The guy told they have it for $25? You can get a 10% off using the edge card.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
How does one do this?

I used the offer from shop.ca above. Spend $100 or more there, pay with paypal, and get $50 off your order. $25 off for signing up with shop.ca, and $25 for using paypal(it will automatically be discounted off your order). I had to add something to get over the $100 though because the games were both $49.99.

Not really a unknown deal, but reminding everyone that the RE: Revelations and Mercenaries 3D deals on the 3DS eShop end on Thursday 31 October. Each is only $10.

Picked up Revelations last night for that price (the download is huuuuge... like 25K blocks!) but haven't played it yet.
HOLY CRAP DID NOT KNOW.

Also.

My Batman finally arrived, but, as a bonus, AC4 shipped with it.

Stat!

Try checking your local store. I heard that you can get those online deals in-store but the problem will be stocks.

I checked. I wish I hadn't missed it either. would have been nice to pick up some 3DS games for my rarely used 3Ds.

I hope we get some good black friday deals (as they become more popular up North) or at least some good Christmas Deals.

paul187

Anyone get Batman Arkham Orgins from Future Shop yet? They gave me an email on Friday saying it shipped. Starting to feel worried.

Lexxism

I finally got my order from BB 50% off on used game. Guess what? They put the wrong game!!!

aQN89Ww.jpg

Seriously?!

zroid

Banned
Did you remove the pesky stickers? Or you just don't care and just trade it away?

I removed 'em (as best I could). Was a pain in the ass.

I think you only really NEED to remove the part covering up the bar code though. Aside from that, they don't care, although they might give you a nasty look when you trade in a game obviously purchased from FS.

Joeku

HOLY CRAP DID NOT KNOW.

Also.

My Batman finally arrived, but, as a bonus, AC4 shipped with it.

This post just got me really excited because my Batman was set to arrive today. I got to the mailbox and only Arkham Origins was in there. Thanks for getting my hopes up! :(

Also, I don't know what it says about Batman that I was only excited for it because of the possibility of ACIV also being there.

zroid

Banned
Fun fact: Future Shop's base trade in value for NSMB2 is $13. The base value for 3D Land is $15. Even though they sell 3DL for $30 used and NSMB2 for $35.

FS continues to baffle me.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone get Batman Arkham Orgins from Future Shop yet? They gave me an email on Friday saying it shipped. Starting to feel worried.
I got it here in Toronto on Friday and played it all weekend. I almost always get my pre-orders on the day of release from FS. I got my shipping email on Thursday night.

Dazzler

I finally got my order from BB 50% off on used game. Guess what? They put the wrong game!!!

Seriously?!

That happened to me in the past aswell

Ordered Kingdom Hearts 3DS, received Mario 3D Land inside the Kingdom Hearts case

I wouldn't mind, but it was my 3rd copy of 3D Land. Traded it in for more than KH cost :)

Lexxism

That happened to me in the past aswell

Ordered Kingdom Hearts 3DS, received Mario 3D Land inside the Kingdom Hearts case

I wouldn't mind, but it was my 3rd copy of 3D Land. Traded it in for more than KH cost :)

Did you use the KH case or just your 3D land case?

What if I already used the $25 offer for signing up? Am I still eligible for the $25 from paying with PayPal?

Yeah. The $25 will reflect on your paypal account. It was mentioned by one of the guy here.

-Deimos

$75 for two games with that shop.ca paypal deal plus the ebates money. Based Gaf be praised.

BTW, if anyone's planning on buying through shop.ca, ebates has a referral program so think about getting a referral link from one of us if you're going to use it.

Top Bottom