• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Deadly

I just noticed on the FS website, they have both the LE and regular of FFX/X-2 remaster. IIRC if you pre-ordered you would get the LE. Anyone know how they work this out? I've got it on my E3 list.

Was in my local EB and asked about PS4 preorders. They informed me that Sony is trying hard to fill every single preorder they have. Apparently the store has about 290 preorders and Sony is working to fill them all, but there is no guarantee.

If the store doesn't get enough for all of the orders, they still imagine they will get enough for the majority of them. Most likely they will call the people who aren't getting their orders on launch instead of those who are since that list will be much smaller.

Very, very different than some of the past console launches I've experienced.

Guitarmy

Banned
Anyone get Arkham Origins Blackgate shipped yet from futureshop? My order says in stock but hasn't been shipped which is odd.

Mine hasn't shipped yet either. When I looked on Friday it was listed Out of Stock so maybe they just recently replenished their warehouse stock. Hopefully it ships out soon.

I have a green edge card, what happens to that?

Well, I signed up for a Red one online because I completely forgot that I had a Green one. When I got into the store they asked if I had a Green one and I checked my wallet. I had one that expired in March of 2014. They took that instead and upgraded me to Platinum and my new card expires next October now. So it was a free upgrade and a bump to my expiry date.

Now I need to figure out how to link this Platinum card to my Red card online account.

Was in my local EB and asked about PS4 preorders. They informed me that Sony is trying hard to fill every single preorder they have. Apparently the store has about 290 preorders and Sony is working to fill them all, but there is no guarantee.

If the store doesn't get enough for all of the orders, they still imagine they will get enough for the majority of them. Most likely they will call the people who aren't getting their orders on launch instead of those who are since that list will be much smaller.

Very, very different than some of the past console launches I've experienced.

Fuck 290 wow do you think the store will get even half of that?

E-DuB

Hey guys and girls,

Anyone know of any deals on Xbox Live memberships? Just realised my service is up on Wednesday and can't find much in terms of sales given the Xbone is launching in under a month...

I just noticed on the FS website, they have both the LE and regular of FFX/X-2 remaster. IIRC if you pre-ordered you would get the LE. Anyone know how they work this out? I've got it on my E3 list.

I ordered beyond: two souls from them during e3 and they shipped the LE even though I had ordered long before the LE was announced.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The store I go to gave the impression that anyone who ordered before August is guaranteed to get one.

Also, that corporate is suggesting that stores remain open all night in order to get through the entire line. lol

Sora_N

Is Google's site the cheapest for nexus 4? I may get one for my dad.

Anyone know how or where they ship from? (I'm in BC)

frequency

Is Google's site the cheapest for nexus 4? I may get one for my dad.

Anyone know how or where they ship from? (I'm in BC)

Is it actually in stock? It sold out like forever ago. I didn't think they would restock.

They ship from Louisville, KY with UPS. It's like $19 shipping, but no brokerage.

Sora_N

Is it actually in stock? It sold out like forever ago. I didn't think they would restock.

They ship from Louisville, KY with UPS. It's like $19 shipping, but no brokerage.

No brokerage guaranteed? Lol ups..

I'll have to double check to see if they actually have it.

Edit: dammit yeah its sold out

NolbertoS

Got a question for you Canadian GAFers. Do you guys pay taxes when buying PSN Cards at a retail store?? The reason I ask is I went online and saw that PSN cards are tax exempt as they are included with the sale of the card in Canada and USA. I went to Sony store last week and wasn't charged PST or GST, but I went to Futureshop today and got charged PST. Had a big complaint to the manager and told them to contact HQ to get me a refund. I don't know how long FS or BB Canada have been getting away with this, but you guys should complain to the company HQ. After that experience, might just buy my PSN and XBL cards at Sony and MS stores or online

Got a question for you Canadian GAFers. Do you guys pay taxes when buying PSN Cards at a retail store?? The reason I ask is I went online and saw that PSN cards are tax exempt as they are included with the sale of the card in Canada and USA. I went to Sony store last week and wasn't charged PST or GST, but I went to Futureshop today and got charged PST. Had a big complaint to the manager and told them to contact HQ to get me a refund. I don't know how long FS or BB Canada have been getting away with this, but you guys should complain to the company HQ. After that experience, might just buy my PSN and XBL cards at Sony and MS stores or online

at the Target i work for in Ontario, nope

plus i get 15% discount off them too :)

FYI, Paypal deal is back at shop.ca (my employer). This means you get $25 off a $75 purchase using paypal (if you haven't redeemed the offer yet), and another $25 off $100 for signing up. So you can stack those to save $50 off two games: http://www.shop.ca/c/video-games
Does this work for preorders too?
would love to use it on infamous ps4

zroid

Banned

In my experience of buying PSN and Nintendo eShop cards over the years, I've not been charged tax at FS, BB, or anywhere else.

Does this work for preorders too?
would love to use it on infamous ps4

You'd have to actually find Infamous: Second Son on shop.ca first. Shop.ca's video game selection is ABYSMAL. Like worse than that burned-out Zellers store that didn't even become a Target when all the others did, but just got cleared out and abandoned to rot in some random strip mall. For chrissakes, the site still has DREAMCAST ACCESSORIES as a category.

At least Wind Waker HD's back in stock, I guess.

You'd have to actually find Infamous: Second Son on shop.ca first. Shop.ca's video game selection is ABYSMAL. Like worse than that burned-out Zellers store that didn't even become a Target when all the others did, but just got cleared out and abandoned to rot in some random strip mall. For chrissakes, the site still has DREAMCAST ACCESSORIES as a category.

At least Wind Waker HD's back in stock, I guess.

It's getting better. We're still spinning up this stuff, GTA V was really our first foray into selling a video game for real, and we've really only started to get games in week-by-week over the last few weeks. And I'm sure there will be hiccups along the way going forward, and we're not there yet.

Also: those are just dummy categories (that need to be removed). We only launched in 2012 lol, we weren't around when the Dreamcast was.

It's getting better. We're still spinning up this stuff, GTA V was really our first foray into selling a video game for real, and we've really only started to get games in week-by-week over the last few weeks. And I'm sure there will be hiccups along the way going forward, and we're not there yet.

Also: those are just dummy categories (that need to be removed). We only launched in 2012 lol, we weren't around when the Dreamcast was.

If you guys are actually working on improving the selection, then kudos. I figured it was just a side effect of Shop.ca's apparent business model--it looks like you guys aggregate a bunch of suppliers and don't stock any of your own inventory, but obviously you'd know better than me if that was actually true or not.

Still, yeah. It's really slim pickings and the store's categorization doesn't help very much at all. The most obvious place to improve: the 3DS selection, I think besides Pokemon X/Y there isn't really anything to speak of. It'd also be nice if you guys had PlayStation Plus/PSN cards to add alongside the XBLA/Xbox Live Gold stuff.

I don't expect much to come out of anything I just said--I don't know how much power you have to affect what you stock so I'll just assume it's none--but yeah. I wish the store was easier to browse/search and I wish it had pretty much any of the things I've looked for, and I don't just mean video games. I checked the Camera Lens & Filters category only to be presented with page after page of air filters for CARS. The multiple $25 credits and the eBates cashback offers have been great for getting me to look at the site but nearly every time I do look I walk away disappointed.

If you guys are actually working on improving the selection, then kudos. I figured it was just a side effect of Shop.ca's apparent business model--it looks like you guys aggregate a bunch of suppliers and don't stock any of your own inventory, but obviously you'd know better than me if that was actually true or not.
You are mostly right, but the lack of selection wasn't because of the model.

Still, yeah. It's really slim pickings and the store's categorization doesn't help very much at all. The most obvious place to improve: the 3DS selection, I think besides Pokemon X/Y there isn't really anything to speak of. It'd also be nice if you guys had PlayStation Plus/PSN cards to add alongside the XBLA/Xbox Live Gold stuff.
Pokemon X/Y was basically the start of us getting 3DS/Vita games in stock going forward. Angry Birds Star Wars and Lego Marvel Super Heroes are also in stock now. And Arkham Origins Blackgate was in stock, but we temporarily took it down to fix a mix up in the cover art, and should be back up tomorrow.

I don't expect much to come out of anything I just said--I don't know how much power you have to affect what you stock so I'll just assume it's none--but yeah. I wish the store was easier to browse/search and I wish it had pretty much any of the things I've looked for, and I don't just mean video games. I checked the Camera Lens & Filters category only to be presented with page after page of air filters for CARS. The multiple $25 credits and the eBates cashback offers have been great for getting me to look at the site but nearly every time I do look I walk away disappointed.
It's not what my regular role is, but we're a relatively small team, so I do have some say in terms of the Video Games. Right now I'm just trying to make sure we get the new games in stock every week, and promote them correctly. Your other concerns are valid and its stuff that I already fully intend to address on the Video Games section (and there are other people working on the same stuff for the rest of the site).

isny

napkin dispenser
Woot, just managed to get two brand new Wii Motes Plusses and and nunchuck for $30 plus shipping, total! Makes up for Future Shop not fulfilling my order for those $10 ones yesterday, lol

You are mostly right, but the lack of selection wasn't because of the model.

I'm glad I can address one of shop.ca team, I was really excited when you started, I even ordered many items, ones I could find actually!
My main concern with shop.ca is your customer service, I never found one agent for online chat, I always end up sending email tickets, your average reply time is two days!!!
I bought a pair of Native boots, but the size came a bit smaller, I had to wait for three days until they sent me a shipping label to send back the ones I had, then they will have to inspect them before shipping the size I want, what an inconvenience and a waste of time!!!!

I wanna tell you that they actually replied and sent me that shipping label after Drew the CEO had to address Olivia the head of CS department!!! So that level of service is considered exceptional and only happened because your CEO rushed things up, a friend of mine has the same situation and it's been a week and nobody even answered her exchange request, I think comparing your device to Amazon is kinda insulting to Amazon!

I know you're not the GM but at least they will listen to you, thanks for your patience :)

Woot, just managed to get two brand new Wii Motes Plusses and and nunchuck for $30 plus shipping, total! Makes up for Future Shop not fulfilling my order for those $10 ones yesterday, lol

Where at?

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm glad I can address one of shop.ca team, I was really excited when you started, I even ordered many items, ones I could find actually!
My main concern with shop.ca is your customer service, I never found one agent for online chat, I always end up sending email tickets, your average reply time is two days!!!
I bought a pair of Native boots, but the size came a bit smaller, I had to wait for three days until they sent me a shipping label to send back the ones I had, then they will have to inspect them before shipping the size I want, what an inconvenience and a waste of time!!!!

I wanna tell you that they actually replied and sent me that shipping label after Drew the CEO had to address Olivia the head of CS department!!! So that level of service is considered exceptional and only happened because your CEO rushed things up, a friend of mine has the same situation and it's been a week and nobody even answered her exchange request, I think comparing your device to Amazon is kinda insulting to Amazon!

I know you're not the GM but at least they will listen to you, thanks for your patience :)

Where at?

Ebay actually. Got lucky with a seller who was just looking to get rid of em. I e-mailed him an offer and he acceped! I was going to hold out for those Mario and Luigi remotes coming out on November first, but meh, saving money -> cool remotes.

I *think* you might be surprised by what you receive. I spoke to a manager that said their cost was $40 for the controllers. Of course he could be full of shit.

Lexxism

Speaking of Wiimote+ and nunchuk, I saw an offer for $17 at ebay. The seller does show the picture of the genuine(not the 3rd party) but I'm having doubts if it indeed genuine.
Probably not since it's way too cheap

isny

napkin dispenser
I *think* you might be surprised by what you receive. I spoke to a manager that said their cost was $40 for the controllers. Of course he could be full of shit.

Huh? I mentioned I picked these up on ebay for a steal as the FS orders I placed were not fulfilled.

Speaking of Wiimote+ and nunchuk, I saw an offer for $17 at ebay. The seller does show the picture of the genuine(not the 3rd party) but I'm having doubts if it indeed genuine.
Probably not since it's way too cheap

FS is clearing out the blue ones for $31.xx

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=8e80f85a00076627fb21eea04d57f8d7en02

Zing

Banned
But that is a black remote, yuk.

The blue remotes are all the exact same colour. I have both the "old" and "new". They simply have a different box. Everything is identical down to the part number. If you want pink or blue remotes, that FS deal is great. I ordered one of each yesterday. Free shipping and will arrive in just a couple days.

Just got my used games' shipping notice from BB and FS at the same minute, both are scheduled for Friday, hope CP would do it once in a life time and bring them earlier than that :3
Got MK7, NSMB2 and Mario 3D land!

lupinko

For the person asking me earlier, I didn't have any issues with the PS4 but there really wasn't much for me to nitpick with that demo.

I like how sleek the console looks, Knack is really a surprise for me. I immediately tried it on hard difficulty, and Cerny's knack (pun intended) for platformers/character based games really shows. While not exactly like his previous games, it did bring the feeling of PS1 era Crash and Genesis era Sonic for me. If I were to get a PS4 for launch, I'd get Knack. But what I was most impressed with was with the DS4, I didn't think it would be that much improved over the previous Dual Shocks.

That aside, my SDM woes were for naught, I did find Black 2, and even White 2, because well $20 is $20. I can sit on White 2 to later resell, use as a gift or just keep, since really I'm using the older games as a feeder for X. I also bought White but for regular price new at FS. I actually have White in my 3DS while I play X too.

iphys

FYI, Paypal deal is back at shop.ca (my employer). This means you get $25 off a $75 purchase using paypal (if you haven't redeemed the offer yet), and another $25 off $100 for signing up. So you can stack those to save $50 off two games: http://www.shop.ca/c/video-games

How do you get the $25 off $75 purchase using paypal? I try going through the paypal payment and it shows me just the regular price, and then when it goes to shop.ca to complete it, I only see the option to redeem the $25 off $100 purchase for signing up.

FYI, you also get 20% cash back for shopping from shop.ca via ebates.ca.

Edit: Nevermind I just noticed it said something about a special offer on the Paypal page, so I took the chance in checking out, but I don't think it gave me the second $25 off. At least I got another $10 off with the promo code SHOPEBATES and I should be getting a nice cash back from ebates.ca I hope.

Double edit: Oh, just logged into my paypal and clicked on my transaction to see the exact details, and it does show that $25 was covered by the special offer. Sweet! I think I just got myself a Kobo Glo for under $60 assuming the ebates cash back comes through, and that would usually run like $150 after tax!

Triple edit: $21.44 cash back from ebates, so total cost worked out to $57.35. Mwa ha ha ha! Thanks, InfinityBCRT!

How do you get the $25 off $75 purchase using paypal? I try going through the paypal payment and it shows me just the regular price, and then when it goes to shop.ca to complete it, I only see the option to redeem the $25 off $100 purchase for signing up.

FYI, you also get 20% cash back for shopping from shop.ca via ebates.ca.

Edit: Nevermind I just noticed it said something about a special offer on the Paypal page, so I took the chance in checking out, but I don't think it gave me the second $25 off. At least I got another $10 off with the promo code SHOPEBATES and I should be getting a nice cash back from ebates.ca I hope.

Double edit: Oh, just logged into my paypal and clicked on my transaction to see the exact details, and it does show that $25 was covered by the special offer. Sweet! I think I just got myself a Kobo Glo for under $60 assuming the ebates cash back comes through, and that would usually run like $150 after tax!

Triple edit: $21.44 cash back from ebates, so total cost worked out to $57.35. Mwa ha ha ha! Thanks, InfinityBCRT!

Nice, I didn't know about the SHOPEBATES code when I ordered some stuff from them, just make sure you don't need their customer service, they are the worst!

Top Bottom