• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tvis is down :lol

I wonder how much trade-in value NHL 13 has. More than 10 bucks? Probably not, right? Gonn trade in Rock band 2 and nhl 13 that i already owned and a cheap 8 bucks used game from EV i just bought tomorrow.

Tsundere

Banned
Tvis is down :lol

I wonder how much trade-in value NHL 13 has. More than 10 bucks? Probably not, right? Gonn trade in Rock band 2 and nhl 13 that i already owned and a cheap 8 bucks used game from EV i just bought tomorrow.

TIV doesn't matter, any game will do.

Kifimbo

6EqUzTQ.jpg

QSIXZYG.jpg

4wS1ofg.jpg

Translation:

- No Battlefield 4 in the FS or BB I contacted.
- Not many COD: Ghosts either.
- An employee of a FS in Quebec City told him only people with an online reservation will be able to trade for a game tomorrow.

Taddei ia working at Beenox (Spider-Man games), and previously he was a games journalist. He still does radio interviews.

Might be a regional or citywide decision.

Are any stores alloting stock for walk ins for the PS4 launch? Meaning if you didn't pre-order you can walk in (granted you wait in line forever) and get one?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
TIV doesn't matter, any game will do.

I know, but if NHL 13 has more than 10.- trade-in value , it wouldn't be as cost efficient as using a cheaper game :p

Eh w/e, incredible deal either way, if they honour my reservations.

Are any stores alloting stock for walk ins for the PS4 launch? Meaning if you didn't pre-order you can walk in (granted you wait in line forever) and get one?

I think FS/BB are promising at least 25 minimum at each store. The EB I preordered from will have 0 for walk-ins. Make sure you call before to get more details.

"- An employee of a FS in Quebec City told him only people with an online reservation will be able to trade for a game tomorrow."

Might be that the clerk knew most copies were reserved so people who did not do it do not really have a chance to get one tomorrow. As in if you are lucky enough to walk in and find a copy, you will be able to do the deal.

Grimsen

6EqUzTQ.jpg

QSIXZYG.jpg

4wS1ofg.jpg

Translation:

- No Battlefield 4 in the FS or BB I contacted.
- Not many COD: Ghosts either.
- An employee of a FS in Quebec City told him only people with an online reservation will be able to trade for a game tomorrow.

Taddei ia working at Beenox (Spider-Man games), and previously he was a games journalist. He still does radio interviews.

Might be a regional or citywide decision.

Thanks for that. Good thing my reservation is confirmed.

We'll know for sure tomorrow morning.

Just found the perfect stuff to trade.

-Transformers WFC (just redeemed a code to get it digitally, so my dvd copy is useless)
-kinect adventures (doesn't say not for resale)
-Kinect sports

And in case some of them don't qualify, rockband and shadows ofbthe damned. :)

zroid

Banned
The store opens at 10 so I'll try to be there around 9:30. I can wait 30 mins. If there's a freaking long line at 9:30 I'm bailing.

Ondore

Good thing I got AC4 and CoDoggie reserved in Dartmouth right when this launched. I wasn't going to play Pilotwings Resort and Steel Diver anyway. :D

So between the used game sale (managed to snag a ZombiU for $7.50), this deal, trade credit on Lost World and (hopefully) some luck with the B2G1 at Target, I might be able to get 7 third party WiiU games for $105 w/taxes. The third party issues with the WiiU are officially no longer my problem. :D

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, a question for anyone with a PS4 game like Killzone.

Are the inside covers still white? That fucking bullshit pissed me off last gen because we had to have French writing on it. Is it still the same?

Quadratic

Still haven't gotten an email for my PS3 ACIV reservation for the downtown Toronto Best Buy. I've used the online reservations before and sometimes I don't get an email until the next day. Hopefully I might get one tomorrow.

Jagxyz

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be able to go pickup COD and AC4 (couldn't get BF4) tomorrow and go straight to EB and trade them for next gen?

2 quick questions re: upgrading PS3 games to PS4...

1. EB is doing a promo where you trade in a physical current gen version and for $10 you get the next gen... Will they accept copies if these games from other stores?

2. How do you so the digital upgrade? Do you need to have a copy of the PS3/360 disc every time you want to play, or is it a purely digital game?

sikkinixx

So close.... yet so far.

Went into EB and cancelled my PS3 order from earlier and got the $400 credit on a gift card. Got home, stoked to pay off my online order from June, only to find out EBgames.ca doesn't let you change payment like every other site in the world so I can't add my gift card. Guess it's a call to customer service tomorrow.

Lexxism

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be able to go pickup COD and AC4 (couldn't get BF4) tomorrow and go straight to EB and trade them for next gen?

You can only do the trade for AC4 and ??? this Tuesday. I forgot the other game.

1. EB is doing a promo where you trade in a physical current gen version and for $10 you get the next gen... Will they accept copies if these games from other stores?

2. How do you so the digital upgrade? Do you need to have a copy of the PS3/360 disc every time you want to play, or is it a purely digital game?

1. Yes. It was mentioned here by another poster that it doesn't need to be purchased from EB to be eligible.

edit: Here we go. Found it

I just called. You don't need to have bought the original in store. Ghosts is available now, AC4 and BF4 are available tuesday. $9.99 each with a working copy of the PS3 game.

Between this and the $20 knack coupon and the fact I NEED Killzone. My next-gen game library is going to be up to 5 retail discs and all that free stuff from the PSN.

maneil99

1. Someone confirmed they will
2. Games have a voucher that discounts them to 10$ on PSN/XBL. No need for the disc. if a friend is just buying the ps3 version he can share the disc

Jagxyz

You can only do the trade for AC4 and ??? this Tuesday. I forgot the other game.
1. Yes. It was mentioned here by another poster that it doesn't need to be purchased from EB to be eligible.

edit: Here we go. Found it

Got it, can get ghosts traded in tomorrow and AC4 on tuesday - thanks!

Quick

Banned
Went to EB, and the employees know all about the Future Shop and Best Buy deal.

I went through the used bins, and found $2 and $4 games. Best I could do with the limited amount of time I had.

FluxWaveZ

Wonder if this will impact trade-in values for the three games at GameStop/EB.

Won't lie; I'm planning to trade-in five games tomorrow just so I can turn around and sell them. Would help me so much for the PS4 purchase...

Quick

Banned

Won't lie; I'm planning to trade-in five games tomorrow just so I can turn around and sell them. Would help me so much for the PS4 purchase...

Probably, so you'll want to flip those copies quick.

I found my copies of 50 Cent Blood on the Sand the last time there was some crazy discount at Best Buy. I think there is something poetic in trading those copies in for this deal.

Seeing as you're limited to 1 trade per day per person I'm guessing you're going to abuse this awesome promotion and see that four other people get screwed out of it so that you and you alone can benefit from it?

You're on the wrong forum...

zroid

Banned
Apparently the OTHER Markham store isn't canceling reservations meant for trade-ins :(

As usual I make the worst decisions

Seeing as you're limited to 1 trade per day per person I'm guessing you're going to abuse this awesome promotion and see that four other people get screwed out of it so that you and you alone can benefit from it?

probably still better than some one trading in 20 games they got for $0.50 at EB.

I went through the used bins, and found $2 and $4 games. Best I could do with the limited amount of time I had.
Found Madden '09 on PS3 for $1.

I won't be back home till Monday afternoon when I can access my library. I'll try and trade Madden tomorrow as I make my way cross provinces to get home.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I know it's not a totally moral thing to do, but I'm gonna be selfish just this once so that I can get a PS4 with no worries. If I get the copies and I don't manage to sell them, I'll probably just upgrade them to a next gen version.

FrsDvl

Damn.. BF4 shipped today from BestBuy. According to CP it won't get here till Thursday... Really hoping I'm getting KZ before the PS4 gets here.

FluxWaveZ

Damn.. BF4 shipped today from BestBuy. According to CP it won't get here till Thursday... Really hoping I'm getting KZ before the PS4 gets here.

This made me check for a KZ:SF shipment from FS and my copy has indeed finally shipped. Expected delivery is next Wednesday.

So my WiiU which is only a few months old is not reading Blurays, like it will give me "Can't read the disk, Disk is dirty" kind of message with so many different games!
What should I do? I bought it from SDM :(
No clue what I should do now!

Tagg9

So my WiiU which is only a few months old is not reading Blurays, like it will give me "Can't read the disk, Disk is dirty" kind of message with so many different games!

Pretty sure it has a 12 month limited warranty. Talk to Nintendo customer support.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Call Nintendo?
Apparently their repair address is in Mississauga, for what that's worth.

Call Nintendo?
Apparently their repair address is in Mississauga, for what that's worth.

GOD!
I'm in Calgary! Don't know what to do :(
I know it's gonna be like a month long process, was just starting to play Pikmin for the first time!

Any idea if I'm returning a game I bought online at FS using Paypal, how will they process the refund?

Top Bottom