• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

MercuryLS

Banned
To those wondering if they would honour reservations.

tumblr_inline_muvfys0vY91rvd5iy.gif

I feel like this is more of a store-to-store basis. I can totally see some stores not giving a shit.

Then you might get lucky contacting FS after the fact and complaining about it, though.

The thing is I don' t see them taking back the reservation, that's a scummy thing to do. It's not like they know off-hand how many reservations they have a certain product, and if they run out of stock, they're just going to go grab one from customer service. I don't see that happening. I don't even know how strict they are with the 24 limit.

LkPr

Has anyone returned an unopened game to Walmart before without a receipt? Do they give you any issues if you just want an in-store credit?? And what do you say to the CS? (i.e. I got this as a gift and don't want it, can I have an in-store credit?)

EDIT: I ask because my wife bought me BF4 but I don't get it until mid week (bday). She has no receipt because she never keeps them but DID buy it at Walmart. So please, I am not committing fraud and would not like to take my question to RFD because the assumption is that I am up to no good.

Has anyone returned an unopened game to Walmart before without a receipt? Do they give you any issues if you just want an in-store credit?? And what do you say to the CS? (i.e. I got this as a gift and don't want it, can I have an in-store credit?)

If the game was actually bought from Wal Mart I don't see the issue. If not you're probably committing some type of fraud. I would discourage that.

In any case, just ask for a refund, and when they don't give you that and offer you store credit, accept it. It may seem strange to just accept SC right away, looks a little shady.

rinse82

Welp, I managed to get a copy of COD:G reserved for ISPU at the Markham location.

I'll decide tomorrow morning if its worth getting my ass out of bed for; I envision chaos. Hoarders be hoarding' in Markham.

does anyone know what the trade in value is for GTAV on 360 in a like new condition? I won't bother trading it in if it's below 30 dollars..

Hilti92

does anyone know what the trade in value is for GTAV on 360 in a like new condition? I won't bother trading it in if it's below 30 dollars..

I got $21 for PS3 at FS. Complete horse shit but it's less of a blow now that I am getting 2 new games for pretty much nothing tomorrow.

Lol RFD is -----> way sir. Either you are really unlucky with the timing of your question, or you are planning on committing fraud. Go there and try it and see how it goes.

You will get away with it since wal mart have the most lax return policy ever, but don't expect people here to have sympathy and give you advice on this kind of stuff. Just saying.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seems like they don't take anymore reservations. I'm making a list of the places I've reserved at with the 24h deadline, so I can see where to pick up what tomorrow.

Canon

Banned
I just managed to reserve AC 4 for Wii U, but that's it. Everything else won't work. I guess I'd be happy waking up early for that...

rinse82

Lol RFD is -----> way sir. Either you are really unlucky with the timing of your question, or you are planning on committing fraud. Go there and try it and see how it goes.

You will get away with it since wal mart have the most lax return policy ever, but don't expect people here to have sympathy and give you advice on this kind of stuff. Just saying.

haha seemed sketchy to me too, or horrible timing.

LkPr

In all honesty I have no idea where it was purchased. I can assume Walmart (because the wife shops there a lot) but I cannot be certain. I suppose I could ask where she got the game from and politely ask her to return/exchange it, but then I may be in trouble :p

Tsundere

Banned
Apparently people are having success price matching Killzone Shadowfall with a price-error ad from Toys'r'us for $39.99. I'm going to go try and price-protect my copy on the weekend (after the whole free game rush).

Not able to reserve in store for anything any more it seems (including WiiU). Looks like I'll be fighting the RFDHorde tomorrow. =(

This deal doesn't make any sense, why would they do this? Also, it infuriates me because I'd love to pick one up and legitimately play the heck out of it, but I know that even if I show up at 5 am tomorrow morning there will be a 3 mile line of RFD's and other unmentionables out to hoard.

LkPr

This deal doesn't make any sense, why would they do this? Also, it infuriates me because I'd love to pick one up and legitimately play the heck out of it, but I know that even if I show up at 5 am tomorrow morning there will be a 3 mile line of RFD's and other unmentionables out to hoard.

Not doing that, as mentioned above.

Tsundere

Banned

I asked the clerk on my way out of Futureshop earlier (bought a charging cradle for PS4), and she said she heard that they're just clearing stock as they have way too many.

I reserved BF4 LE at a local store earlier. Called them up tonight and she confirmed it'll work for the deal, and I can come do the deal tomorrow. Woot!

I tried to reserve AC4 at the other local Future Shop. However, I got a really weird "order is ready for pickup" email... which was addressed from the OTHER store? I asked them and they had no idea.

So I should get BF4 LE, and maybe AC4 too! Awesome. Enjoy the free 360 games I found by the recycling bin, FS.

FUCK. Didn't see that there was infact a regular BF4 on Bestbuy.ca. Hope I can get Limited Edition.

My FS said the one I reserved (the LE) is valid for the deal, but we'll see tomorrow I guess.

Smiley90

I made too many reservations, so if anyone wants to pick up BF4 for 360 at the Coquitlam Best Buy before 1230 tomorrow, let me know.

Alternatively, tag along for my other reservations! I'm not sure I can go to the Cambie store and be like (Yeah I'm taking AC4, leave Ghosts reserved for my friend in an hour) though lol. I have every game reserved multiple times though, so I'm just cancelling all my other orders otherwise once I pick one up.

Tsundere

Banned
I reserved BF4 LE at a local store earlier. Called them up tonight and she confirmed it'll work for the deal, and I can come do the deal tomorrow. Woot!

I tried to reserve AC4 at the other local Future Shop. However, I got a really weird "order is ready for pickup" email... which was addressed from the OTHER store? I asked them and they had no idea.

So I should get BF4 LE, and maybe AC4 too! Awesome. Enjoy the free 360 games I found by the recycling bin, FS.

My FS said the one I reserved (the LE) is valid for the deal, but we'll see tomorrow I guess.

It is valid, it says $59.99 versions.

Smiley90

Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 4m
Trade-in FAQ: Can I trade in a PS3 game and get a Xbox 360 game? Yes! But PC games are excluded. Have more questions? http://ow.ly/qE2es

Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 5m
Trade-in FAQ: Any game? YES. ANY GAME. As long as it's in good condition and still in its original case. http://ow.ly/qE2cM

Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 6m
Trade-in ANY #Xbox360, #PS3 or #WiiU game this weekend and get #AC4, #BF4 or #CODGhosts! Any questions? http://ow.ly/qE25L

They keep tweeting about it, if some people are still doubtful. :lol

Hilti92

I really hope that's the case for me. I am excited for both games.

bs000

Doesn't look like any of the games can be reserved in Edmonton anymore. Wonder if it's even worth going to try my luck.

Omlagus

Why are the Vaughan locations never able to do trade ins?[/QU'OTE]

It's a bylaw issue about no pawn shops being allowed in the city, which somehow affects this as well.

I wonder what if anything will be left on Monday. Since I live in Vaughan and also have no time this weekend, bit could easily hit Aurora or Newmarket on Monday from work I wonder if I will just be SOL.

Not too concerned if I am as I'm not sure what I'd get but I'm still curious.

zroid

Banned
lol fuck, FS called me and said I couldn't keep the reservation if I'm doing a trade. First come first served. :(

Not even sure if it's worth lining up. Sigh...

Smiley90

lol fuck, FS called me and said I couldn't keep the reservation if I'm doing a trade. First come first served. :(

Why not just tell them you're NOT doing a trade, they keep it, you show up and.... magic, your reservation is still there? What are they gonna do, just NOT give you the game when it's right in front of you?

zroid

Banned
Why not just tell them you're NOT doing a trade, they keep it, you show up and.... magic, your reservation is still there? What are they gonna do, just NOT give you the game when it's right in front of you?

They might deny me the trade I guess. Well I was honest on the phone anyway. No point in being a jerk just to get a free game.

Smiley90

They might deny me the trade I guess. Well I was honest on the phone anyway. No point in being a jerk just to get a free game.

True. I still hope they honour reservations. If not, then oh well. I'm definitely NOT fighting with the RFD crowd when the store opens lol. Just hope the lineup at the pickup-counter/costumer service won;t be too ridiculous...

Tsundere

Banned

Should tell them you're buying them. The customer service desk doesn't need to do the trade anyway.

lupinko

Anyone know where I can find a new Ds lite cheap? Mainly for gba bc and to transfer to my 3ds. Eb still has the cooking bundle but @ $154 that's a bit much. I know I can go used which is an option but eh. Reason is apparently my og Ds was lost in a move. :(

Doesn't look like any of the games can be reserved in Edmonton anymore. Wonder if it's even worth going to try my luck.

Oh yah, I guess in-store reservations could be regional and not necessarily site-wide. I was referencing Edmonton when I said i couldn't order for in-store pickup. Perhaps other cities still allow it...

I'm on the fence. I can't get there in the morning, so there might not be much point. Don't kid yourself if you don't think the RFD crowd won't simply exit the store and re-enter to get around the "1 per day" limit.

Of course, most of them are fairly recognizable characters. You can typically see the greed and sense of entitlement in their eyes a mile off.

iphys

Anyone know where I can find a new Ds lite cheap? Mainly for gba bc and to transfer to my 3ds. Eb still has the cooking bundle but @ $154 that's a bit much. I know I can go used which is an option but eh. Reason is apparently my og Ds was lost in a move. :(

One of the Shoppers by me still sells the pink DS Lite. They sometimes have pretty out-dated stuff.

haha they simply removed the "reserve in store" option for the 3 games... Still in stock in some stores in my region, it will all be gone a few hours after opening. At least I have an assassin's creed IV and Battlefield 4 reserved!

i live in a somewhat small town so im thinking the hoarders wouldn't have got there yet by 9 am. going to pick out 3 games to trade in over the next 3 days now. will then re-trade at ebgames or something for the ps4 versions, assuming they dont drop the trade in value to nothing of course

Top Bottom