• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

suikodan

Went crazy with the preorders

Game & Wario (Nintendo Wii U) 1 26,66 $
Pokemon Y (Nintendo 3DS) 1 26,66 $
Pokemon X (Nintendo 3DS) 1 26,66 $
Bravely Default Flying Fairy (Nintendo 3DS) 1 26,66 $
Smash Brothers (Nintendo 3DS) 1 26,66 $
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (PC) 1 39,99 $
Last Of Us (PlayStation 3) 1 39,99 $
Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS) 1 26,66 $
Shin Megami Tensei IV (Nintendo 3DS) 1 33,32 $
Dragon's Crown (PlayStation Vita) 1 26,66 $

Does anyone have details in terms of what happens if your CC expires? Mine is due for March of next year and I'm worried that Bravely Default (or anything else I might pre-order) wont be out by then.

I had this problem with my old order (since Infinite was on order for what, 2 years?)

You have to call FutureShop's support line and have them switch the information manually. If you switch via web message it may/may not work (in my case, it failed miserably and they just put your order on hold)

Icelight

I think if the payment doesn't get processed when they charge you, you'll get a phone call and they'll attempt to sort it out. But when your card gets renewed, you can still edit the payment information before it ships, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I've only ever gotten an automated email informing me to update my payment information within a week or the order will be cancelled.

I had to call them in the end though, because the site kept failing to update the info.

No_Style

I can't get anything past September because that's when my credit card expires. Bummer.

You can change payment information after your order is in. I changed my billing & shipping info when I moved. If you can't do it via the site, you can call/e-mail a CSR.

zroid

Banned
I've only ever gotten an automated email informing me to update my payment information within a week or the order will be cancelled.

I had to call them in the end though, because the site kept failing to update the info.

Ahh, I see. I swear they used to phone you. Darn this modern, indirectly communicative world!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The discount is tiered by the value of the game. The 49.99 and 39.99 don't get 20 dollars off at Futureshop.

Also, why are people buying both Pokemon games? Aren't they technically the same?

Hieberrr

The discount is tiered by the value of the game. The 49.99 and 39.99 don't get 20 dollars off at Futureshop.

Also, why are people buying both Pokemon games? Aren't they technically the same?

One for my brother and one for myself :p

EDIT: How is Bravely Default? I'm intrigued, but I'm not sure I want to buy it just yet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Like all the Pokemon games, there are different species available in each. Although with online trading, it's almost a none issue. Or if some people are Pokemon addicted like me, I prefer to have one cart where I keep everything and one cart where I can replay the game multiple times. And my wife enjoys playing them too. :p

suikodan

I always buy a different version for my wife so we can trade the version-exclusive Pokémon to each other.

I also buy a 3rd copy for my niece who also plays but she doesn't have a 3DS (yet)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Wow! Nice to see SMT IV and Pokemon X there. Might finally bite to pre-order SMT IV despite the high price. Smash Bros is the cherry on top. :D

khaaan

Do you guys think The Last of Us is going to stick around for the next three days? I've got that and Xillia in my cart but I don't see any other game that interests me.

KJA

Are all of the orders that you make together shipped separately, as soon as the games are released?

Thanks

Om3ga

Does anyone have details in terms of what happens if your CC expires? Mine is due for March of next year and I'm worried that Bravely Default (or anything else I might pre-order) wont be out by then.
As far as I know they won't let you pre-order if your credit card is going to expire. This happened to me last year.

Hieberrr

BAM, I just pre-ordered X and Y, as well as 3 copies of Smash Bros for the 3DS. HNG! Let's see if they announce anything else for the 3DS.

iphys

BTW, there will be a 20x at Shoppers on Saturday the 15th. 320 GB PS3 Move bundle for $250. 4 GB Xbox 360 for $200 and $50 gift card (maybe worth it if you use the gift card right away to earn more 20x points for no real expense).

krae_man

Yeah my credit card expires in November. I just changed it to 2016 and everything worked.

Just make sure you switch it back later or your card will decline when it comes time to charge it.

krae_man

XBone pre-order up at FS
499.99 Canadian

So we get the cheapest launch price? Dollar is below par right now haha

Where? I can't find it(not that I want to, but I want to know where to look for the PS4 preorder when it goes up).

Edit: LOL the link in my email from Microsoft doesn't work.

Kazerei

Banned
BTW, there will be a 20x at Shoppers on Saturday the 15th. 320 GB PS3 Move bundle for $250. 4 GB Xbox 360 for $200 and $50 gift card (maybe worth it if you use the gift card right away to earn more 20x points for no real expense).

Yeah, that's what I did when I bought a Wii U on the last 20x points day. Came with a $50 gift card which I used right away on Lego City Undercover. Got 20x points on that transaction too.

Where are you seeing this?

I went a little wild with that E3 Futureshop deal.

I preordered...*counts* 15 games. However, that's all of my games until next gen consoles launch, outside of Ys Vita, Killer is Dead and The Wonderful 101.

Luigi87

Okay, finally got a couple of orders.
Regarding my shipping problem, for some reason a single item would automatically default to Air, in spite of Ground being selected on the Cart page.

So far ordered:
Wind Waker HD
Tales of Xillia
Batman: Arkham Origins

Pokemon Y
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

khaaan

Okay, finally got a couple of orders.
Regarding my shipping problem, for some reason a single item would automatically default to Air, in spite of Ground being selected on the Cart page.

So far ordered:
Wind Waker HD
Tales of Xillia
Batman: Arkham Origins

Pokemon Y
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Where do you see that? I don't see it under the Wii U tab OR am able to find it by searching. I thought about Smash 3DS but then I remembered it probably uses shoulder buttons and I haven't seen a Nintendo handheld yet that can make em last.

Luigi87

Where do you see that? I don't see it under the Wii U tab OR am able to find it by searching. I thought about Smash 3DS but then I remembered it probably uses shoulder buttons and I haven't seen a Nintendo handheld yet that can make em last.

I couldn't find it by searching Wind Waker, but it came up just searching Zelda.

Wind Waker HD (they have it as Windwaker in the system, likely why search fails)
Unnannounced Potential Future Zelda game for Wii U

Sora_N

Nothing I really want, except 3DS games. Will do my orders later! :)

EDIT: Dammit, Xillia CE isn't qualified even though it mentions on the page. I'm gonna order and call them to see if they'll let me.

beta_fuse

Do you get charged right away for the pre-order deal or only once they get shipped? Also is Futureshop's delivery fast? I don't want to receive my games 1-2 days after they release.

khaaan

Pokemon Y $26.66
Mario & Luigi Dream Team $26.66
Bravely Default Flying Fairy $26.66

The Last of Us $39.99
Tales of Xillia $39.99
The Legend of Zelda $39.99

This board has been a horrible influence on me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How does this work?

If I preorder The Last of Us can I pick the game up in store on Friday? Do I need to preorder two more games in the same order?
Is Bestbuy doing the same thing?

I want the Last of Us asap.

Sora_N

Dragon's Crown 33.32
Tales of Xillia 39.99
Lego Marvel 33.32

----

Mario & Luigi 26.66
Yoshi's Island 26.66
Star Wars 1313 39.99

---

Batman Origins 39.99
Star Wars 1313 x 2 39.99+39.99

---

Metal Gear Lgcy 33.32
Bravely Default 26.66
Smash Bros. 26.66

I'm not sure if I want to keep all my preorders, so I split them up. Made a spreadsheet so I won't lose track.

Top Bottom