• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How does this work?

If I preorder The Last of Us can I pick the game up in store on Friday? Do I need to preorder two more games in the same order?
Is Bestbuy doing the same thing?

I want the Last of Us asap.

Ordered it as well as Saints Row and GTA.

Can I go into the store and buy a copy and then return the copy that comes in the mail? Is there any issue with doing this?

What's with the multiple Star Wars 1313?

darkrider105

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm new to posting on gaf but have followed this thread for awhile.
Has anyone pre-ordered Project x Zone for the 3ds cause I can't not sure why?
Thanks

Hey guys, I'm new to posting on gaf but have followed this thread for awhile.
Has anyone pre-ordered Project x Zone for the 3ds cause I can't not sure why?
Thanks

Clarification? Pre-order from where? I know they're out of stock for preorder from FutureShop, for example...

darkrider105

Neo Member
I was trying to preorder at futureshop but I guess it's just sold out of the pre-order
I guess i'll just get another game to fill out the third in the 3ds preorders

Canon

Banned
Did they just charge my Visa? I had to do that Verified by Visa thing and then looked in my account and money was missing that shouldn't have been...

TideTime

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm locked in for Last of Us, GTAV, and a filler 1313 for now. Hoping to put in a PS4 order later.

Chatin

My preorders, for today.

Tales of Xillia - $39.99
Game & Wario - $26.66
Shin MEgami Tensei X Fire Emblem - $39.99

Yoshi's Land - $39.99
Mario & Luigi Dream Team - $26.66
Pokemon X - $26.66

Pokemon Y - $26.66
Bravely Default Flying Fairy - $26.66
Smash Bros - $26.66

Yoshi's Island - $26.66
Zelda: Wind Waker HD - $39.99
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix - $26.66

Still have TLoU, Pikmin 3, Beyond, Star Wars 1313 ( :( ), and TLG ( :( :( :( ) held over from last years preorders.

EDIT: I'm sure that Futureshop doesn't want to put up preorders for Xbone and PS4 software until they have an idea on the actual pricing. Is $59.99 solid?

frequency

I went too far this year.

I already canceled 2 orders (6 games worth), but I need to lose at least half of these still.

Pokemon Y (Nintendo 3DS)
Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS)
Bravely Default Flying Fairy (Nintendo 3DS)

Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)
Yoshi's Island (Nintendo 3DS)
Muramasa Rebirth (PlayStation Vita)

Dynasty Warrior 8 (PlayStation 3)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (Nintendo 3DS)
Dragon's Crown (PlayStation 3)

Diablo 3 (PlayStation 3)
Saints Row IV (PlayStation 3)
Tales of Xillia (PlayStation 3)

Yoshi's Land (Nintendo Wii U)
Mario 3D (Nintendo Wii U)
Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)

The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD (Nintendo Wii U)
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3)
Dark Souls 2 (PlayStation 3)
Wii U X (Nintendo Wii U)

I actually want all of these (except for Diablo 3 and Saints Row IV but someone I know wants me to buy them for co-op). So whatever I cancel means I need to decide I will never play it.

Sora_N

I went too far this year.

I already canceled 2 orders (6 games worth), but I need to lose at least half of these still.

Pokemon Y (Nintendo 3DS)
Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS)
Bravely Default Flying Fairy (Nintendo 3DS)

Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)
Yoshi's Island (Nintendo 3DS)
Muramasa Rebirth (PlayStation Vita)

Dynasty Warrior 8 (PlayStation 3)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (Nintendo 3DS)
Dragon's Crown (PlayStation 3)

Diablo 3 (PlayStation 3)
Saints Row IV (PlayStation 3)
Tales of Xillia (PlayStation 3)

Yoshi's Land (Nintendo Wii U)
Mario 3D (Nintendo Wii U)
Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)

The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD (Nintendo Wii U)
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3)
Dark Souls 2 (PlayStation 3)
Wii U X (Nintendo Wii U)

How did you find DW8? I searched and didn't see it.

EDIT: Damn, looks like it's up now. Gonna order :)

Sora_N

Is it Futureshop's default policy that they won't accept credit cards about to expire in 2 months? They won't let me use my Visa, so annoying (expires August 2013). I had to do all my orders with my Mastercard today.

Chatin

Is it Futureshop's default policy that they won't accept credit cards about to expire in 2 months? They won't let me use my Visa, so annoying (expires August 2013). I had to do all my orders with my Mastercard today.
Pretty sure it can't be earlier than the expected release dates. In this case, most will be at max 12/31/2013, unless they have a confirmed date in 2014 (See Lightning Returns).

Sora_N

Pretty sure it can't be later than the expected release dates. In this case, most will be at max 12/31/2013, unless they have a confirmed date in 2014 (See Lightning Returns).

Ah ok, not a real issue. I noted which card was used in the spreadsheet so most or all my orders can be changed when my new card is active.

iLLmAtlc

You could always change the expiry date of your visa to some random future date and change it to the real expiry date when you get your new card if the mc is too inconvenient.

But as others have warned changing billing info can be a pain on fs.

zroid

Banned
changing billing info isn't hard per se, it's just their website is such a hackjob that it doesn't always work. after a few tries, it should go through alright.

My credit card recently expired in May, and several of my outstanding pre-orders had to be updated with my new card's expiration date. Likewise, I've been adding gift cards I got from trade-ins to my existing pre-orders. Lots of fiddling with payment information, but I got it done.

AAK

Does anyone know if the artbook that's supposed to come with MGS Legacy is in all copies or for a specific retailer?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So can you mix and match differently priced games? How does that work? Does it give you the maximum discount per price point depending on how many you order or what?

zroid

Banned
So can you mix and match differently priced games? How does that work? Does it give you the maximum discount per price point depending on how many you order or what?

You can mix whatever; everything will be 1/3 off (if you have 3 games).

zroid

Banned
I'm definitely itching to get a PS4 after that, but I'm not gonna jump the gun on a pre-order. I really want to use these Optimum points. Originally I was thinking of waiting for a bonus redemption next year, but I changed my mind to simply getting one whenever it's in stock at an SDM. Hopefully day 1! If I'm lucky, maybe at midnight at a 24 hr store.

Gadirok

I'm definitely itching to get a PS4 after that, but I'm not gonna jump the gun on a pre-order. I really want to use these Optimum points. Originally I was thinking of waiting for a bonus redemption next year, but I changed my mind to simply getting one whenever it's in stock at an SDM. Hopefully day 1!

I can't seem to get a preorder on my hands...

Preferrably I wanted to preorder from EB games to get rid of the trade credit but now I'm not sure. If I can't get one at launch I'll probably wait until a price drop. Sigh.

A great conference but my hype meter is down if I can't get ahold of a preorder (online because I don't want to deal with launch lineups).

Sora_N

I wish BB and FS would make their sites run better, I always have issues when I change address and payment info. ALWAYS.

Some Guy

This is a little obnoxious, but if you really, REALLY want to play a game you preordered online from Futureshop on day one, you can:

-Preorder it online from Futureshop

-Go to the physical store the day it comes out and buy a second copy at full price

-Once your first copy arrives in the mail later, take that unopened game and return it to Futureshop using the full-price receipt from the second copy

I have done this twice before; two times when I thought I wouldn't mind waiting and was TERRIBLY WRONG. I'm sorry, Futureshop!

Of course the games are shipped as they release......except for that bug where NHL wasn't shipped right away because FS' order system fudged up and wanted to wait for all games in those orders to release.....but that only happened once (or twice?) and they gave a 10 dollar coupon to use on a future game

Top Bottom