• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

They usually don't go on sale, best option is PSN offers when they give you extra 3 months with purchase of 1 year sub, or when they would give you 10$ credit when you spend 50$.

Last year in E3 Sony gave away free 1 year subs at their booth, people used to sell them on ebay for about 30$!
Other than that it's not easy to get them for cheaper than official price, at the end of the day they're cheaper than XBL Gold which normally retails for 60$ a year!

iphys

Ugh, they have the Wonderful 101 at BB, but it doesn't even qualify for the E3 deal. Looks like only 3 Wii U games qualify for their sale. Weak! I would have considered ordering it with two $40 games if it qualified. I hope FS adds it.

Edit: Now it is on FS, but it says sold out. I hope that just means they're in the process of adding it.

amazon.ca and ebgames.ca both sold out of their initial preorders.

Damn. I preordered on amazon.ca but I think I'm going to take the morning off and go over to EB to put in my in store preorder for PS4 since I have a bunch of credit there.

Quick

Banned
amazon.ca and ebgames.ca both sold out of their initial preorders.

Damn. I preordered on amazon.ca but I think I'm going to take the morning off and go over to EB to put in my in store preorder for PS4 since I have a bunch of credit there.

And I just spent all my trade credit last week. I bought a couple of PSN cards and pre-ordered The Last of Us "just to finish the card off," I said to myself. Oh well.

And I just spent all my trade credit last week. I bought a couple of PSN cards and pre-ordered The Last of Us "just to finish the card off," I said to myself. Oh well.

I have been building trade credit specifically for the PS4, so I'm ready. I feel a little crazy taking the morning off to preorder a system but I think the peace of mind of knowing I'm one of the first will be good in the long run.

Also put in a preorder at FS just in case.

Placed my pre-order.

Amazon.ca probably do not have much stock considering they were sold out within 45 minutes.

Either way, PS4 is going to be hot for this holiday and good luck finding it in stores.

Placed my pre-order.

Amazon.ca probably do not have much stock considering they were sold out within 45 minutes.

Either way, PS4 is going to be hot for this holiday and good luck finding it in stores.

Yeah. I think with a lot of people waiting for next gen, the no DRM stuff, and that $399 price point, this actually may be a big launch for Sony.

Anyone know if FS takes preorders instore too? I have a bunch of gift cards I specifically got for the PS4, and I'd rather use them in person than online.
I'm reall hoping they're not sold out right away...I'm out of the country (and away from those gift cards) until Thursday!

Anyone know if FS takes preorders instore too? I have a bunch of gift cards I specifically got for the PS4, and I'd rather use them in person than online.
I'm reall hoping they're not sold out right away...I'm out of the country (and away from those gift cards) until Thursday!

Yeah. I believe in store starts today. You can use three cards at a time online I believe.

I have $570 in FS credit and $370 in EB credit. Going to do my preorder at EB though since I trust them a little more for gaming preorders and get along well with the peeps who work there. I will use my $570 FS credit for games and accessories.

Best Buy has their pre-order page up too. Here are all the links.

FutureShop

BestBuy

Amazon.ca - Sold out but you can sign up for email alerts.

Amazon.com - Comes out to around $470 with shipping and import duties. So that's around $20 more than the Canadian price. Better if you can ship to someone in the States.

Preordered at Future Shop. Sucks that the games were sold out! :(

Wait the PS4 game preorders are already sold out? Or did they not put any stock up yet?

They were never available to begin with.

zroid

Banned
Ugh, they have the Wonderful 101 at BB, but it doesn't even qualify for the E3 deal. Looks like only 3 Wii U games qualify for their sale. Weak! I would have considered ordering it with two $40 games if it qualified. I hope FS adds it.

Edit: Now it is on FS, but it says sold out. I hope that just means they're in the process of adding it.

hmm ok, hope I can get it from FS by the end of the day, along with Bayo2 and Smash.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just placed 2 pre-orders for the PS4, one at FS and one at BB. If my brother or cousin doesn't want one then I'll either sell one or return it.

If you're planning on doing an in store Preorder I suggest you get there ASAP.

I went to an EB this morning at 10 am (opening time) and they had opened early and already processed 5 preorders before ne. The guy behind the counter thinks he will be cutting orders off by noon.

During most of these launches stores end up with 10-15 units per store at launch. Hopefully Sony ships a lot but I would go ASAP just to be safe.

zroid

Banned
Wonderful 101 and Luigi U have been added to the FS database, but they're both currently sold out.

Cool. If ordered through this promotion (hopefully it will become available today), then the retail version of NSLU will be the same as the DLC. No question then, I'll buy the physical copy.

Aaaa so many games.

Magnus

Guys, The Last of Us is featured at EB Games as a $1/day game when you buy and trade it back in.

I think you have to preorder it from them and show your receipt to qualify. Great, great fucking deal for people who want to just play it, finish it and drop it.

FrsDvl

Damn Futureshop :( It had trouble processing my Creditcard so went with BestBuy and orderd Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 at full price.. Oh well

krae_man

I preordered the PS4 through Rewards Zone exclusive stock, Futureshop and EB the second they went live.

Not taking any chances:lol

I tweeted FS_gamer more stuff will be added later on today and tonight.

Still waiting on Knack, Mirrors Edge 2, Donkey Kong Country WiiU and maybe more.

This is fucking pathetic, been waiting since this launch to get InFamous, Knack etc. but they just don't seem to updating.

You can pre-order XBLA games though for $59.99

Top Bottom