• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Housh

Yup. That's why EBgames can't suddenly remove this "upgrade to next-gen" because it's being funded by publishers. But I'll still trying to call them later if they will allow me to upgrade my AC4 to PS4 even though it will only be available on Tuesday.

The store I asked at told me you can do it before the release date and they just treat it as a paid off preorder. I'm going in today to trade up Ghosts and get my paid preorders for AC4 and BF4 locked.

Surprised that huge lines are forming again.

Only stock that will be left is from people who didn't pick up their ISPU.

My goal today is to do the upgrade at EB.

joedick

Surprised that huge lines are forming again.

Only stock that will be left is from people who didn't pick up their ISPU.

I was at a store yesterday that said they would have 50 games today. Not 50 of each, 50 total. That FS is pretty close to my house, so I swung by a couple of hours before they opened. Well over 100 people in line. There was a tent up front! I'm willing to line up and wait for stuff, but a $60 game isn't worth 12 hours of my time.

Downtown montreal future shop had a huge line when I left. I got there at 930 and was out at 1030. Kinda bummed no AC4.
Got BF4 on 360 and COD on ps3.
They only has call of duty on ps3 left

mattx5

So what are the odds of pre-Christmas deals on Wii U or 3DS?

Are the bundles as good as it's going to get or are the odds good that we might see a $169 XL (I think I just missed out on a BB or Amazon.com deal the other week)?

Lexxism

So I went to ebgames to do the upgrade for ac4 and as expected they didnt let me do it. I guess I just need to return this tuesday.

Went to EB to do the upgrade. They could only do it on Ghosts for now as they couldn't figure out how to the upgrade on preorders. Said to come back on Tuesday. No receipt required. It's treated like a tradein.

I doubt they'll cut the deal short.

Mayyhem

Man, I'm really bummed I couldn't pick up BF4 with these deal anywhere in Toronto :( I hope they get some inventory or something today or tomorrow, but it feels unlikely, and I doubt i'll find out in time anyway. :(

Housh

So I went to ebgames to do the upgrade for ac4 and as expected they didnt let me do it. I guess I just need to return this tuesday.

That sucks! Do you think they'll let me upgrade Ghosts?

Went to EB to do the upgrade. They could only do it on Ghosts for now as they couldn't figure out how to the upgrade on preorders. Said to come back on Tuesday. No receipt required. It's treated like a tradein.

I doubt they'll cut the deal short.

Oh! Thanks for the heads up. I'll upgrade my COD today since I'm going to the mall anyways. You think I should preorder AC4 and BF4 to have it ready for the trade in?

If we purchase a game from those three with cash, can i walk in to any Future shop store and exchange it for a trade and get the refund?

Since the deal is active tomorrow as well, i should be able to do this tomorrow as well, right?

Lexxism

Oh! Thanks for the heads up. I'll upgrade my COD today since I'm going to the mall anyways. You think I should preorder AC4 and BF4 to have it ready for the trade in?

That's what I did. I pre-ordered AC4(paid $5 and will pay the rest on Tuesday) to secure a copy and will do the trade on Tuesday.

If we purchase a game from those three with cash, can i walk in to any Future shop store and exchange it for a trade and get the refund?

Since the deal is active tomorrow as well, i should be able to do this tomorrow as well, right?

Yes, you can do that but your problem will be looking for any stocks left.

a916

As if you already bought BF4/AC4/CODG and then ask for a refund and do the trade in? No.

Holy crap, more KW GAF.

One more KW GAF here! I went to the Waterloo Futureshop yesterday, but there were well over 100 people in line and I'm not willing to wait that long for some games I don't really want.

But I have a question, by any chance is Target doing the B2G1 on PS4 games in Canada?

sunofsam

I got COD Ghosts. I am just wondering how the 10 dollar upgrade work? I want the PS4 version, but if I upgrade with the code, does that mean I can just trade in the PS3 version for credit or another game if theres a deal?
If you do the PSN digital upgrade you need to have CoD in your PS3 as DRM while you play.

krae_man

One more KW GAF here! I went to the Waterloo Futureshop yesterday, but there were well over 100 people in line and I'm not willing to wait that long for some games I don't really want.

But I have a question, by any chance is Target doing the B2G1 on PS4 games in Canada?

No, current gen only apparently.

That's what I did. I pre-ordered AC4(paid $5 and will pay the rest on Tuesday) to secure a copy and will do the trade on Tuesday.

Yes, you can do that but your problem will be looking for any stocks left.

As if you already bought BF4/AC4/CODG and then ask for a refund and do the trade in? No.

I found a copy of COD Ghosts but the line was way too long. So I ended up buying it out right and thought I would figure this out later.

If I can't get it, oh well, I tried.

a916

I found a copy of COD Ghosts but the line was way too long. So I ended up buying it out right and thought I would figure this out later.

If I can't get it, oh well, I tried.

You bought it on the same day? Hmm, that might be different.

I know they explicitly said, if you bought the game, like on Friday, their price protection wouldn't apply nor could you return it and use the trade in on that game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Asked before, but is it at all possible to upgrade from a 360 version to a ps4 version at EB? :/

You bought it on the same day? Hmm, that might be different.

I know they explicitly said, if you bought the game, like on Friday, their price protection wouldn't apply nor could you return it and use the trade in on that game.

Yeah. What happened with the people who bought the games from FS on Friday with the intention of returning them to do the deal?

Tola

Neo Member
Asked before, but is it at all possible to upgrade from a 360 version to a ps4 version at EB? :/

Just checked the eb site and it says ps3 to ps4 and 360 to xbox one for call of duty.

Strangely, they don't have any upgrade info specifically for AC4 or bf4... think they removed it sure to the current deal at fs/bb?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just checked the eb site and it says ps3 to ps4 and 360 to xbox one for call of duty.

Strangely, they don't have any upgrade info specifically for AC4 or bf4... think they removed it sure to the current deal at fs/bb?

I know it says that but I don't see why you couldn't do cross-developer... since it's a physical exchange anyway... :/

iphys

I was just looking at Kijiji to see the dump, and I spotted a seller selling the games for brand new at $25 each:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...osts-Battlefield-4-25-each-W0QQAdIdZ542021071

Pretty generous price, I recommend it if you can't go for the trade-in.

Wow, that was generous. I considered actually playing the games I got, but then I put them up for $35 each to see if they would sell, and all three went right away. Most of the listings I saw people were trying to get $50 though, lol.

Top Bottom