• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I do not have enough points to redeem the 95 000 points for 210$ at shoppers this week-end during the super redemption day. However, I have enough for the 50 000 for 105$... I always planned to get a Vita with a 95k points on super redemption day, but since Loblaws bought Shoppers, I am scared that they will stop or change the program drastically soon. I really don't know if I should just go for it this week-end...

So I returned my Futureshop ps4 today since i'll be getting the shop.ca one soon hopefully.
BUT YO
They did not even try to check if the Redeemable Codes were used YO! Not even asked me if I used them.
I didn't use them, but damn you know how hard it was to not use that extra 10$!!!! I didn't do it becase I was afraid they would check it, but simply cuz it would suck if someone else bought it and the codes weren't working. No one wants that.
Man i hope at least my shop.ca one got it.

-Deimos

So I returned my Futureshop ps4 today since i'll be getting the shop.ca one soon hopefully.
BUT YO
They did not even try to check if the Redeemable Codes were used YO! Not even asked me if I used them.
I didn't use them, but damn you know how hard it was to not use that extra 10$!!!! I didn't do it becase I was afraid they would check it, but simply cuz it would suck if someone else bought it and the codes weren't working. No one wants that.
Should've kept the codes in your pocket and gave it to them if they asked.

Should've kept the codes in your pocket and gave it to them if they asked.

Yeah, but what happens to the other who buys it? They won't have it, I didn't want to do that to them. Believe it I thought about keeping them in my pockets, or even better take a picture and use them as soon as I got back home. It was sooooo hard not doing it man.

ismk

BUT YO

Is the return invalid if the redeemable codes are used?

Sora_N

No, but thats my FS. Whatchu talking about?

Dear Valued customers,

My name is Dan Christie and I’m the General Manager at the Future Shop on Robson and Granville.  I wanted to personally invite you all to our November 28th V.I.P sale that will take place tomorrow at the store. 

It’s an un-advertised sale that always takes place the day before black Friday and we have some amazing deals on almost everything in the store.  If you want to come in at a specific time please let me know and I’ll set it up an appointment with one of our Product Experts or feel free to drop in to the store anytime tomorrow between 10am-9pm.  We also have great deals on Black Friday if you can’t make it tomorrow and we open at 6am that day.

Thanks and have a wonderful day, hope to see you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Dear Valued customers,

My name is Dan Christie and I’m the General Manager at the Future Shop on Robson and Granville.  I wanted to personally invite you all to our November 28th V.I.P sale that will take place tomorrow at the store. 

It’s an un-advertised sale that always takes place the day before black Friday and we have some amazing deals on almost everything in the store.  If you want to come in at a specific time please let me know and I’ll set it up an appointment with one of our Product Experts or feel free to drop in to the store anytime tomorrow between 10am-9pm.  We also have great deals on Black Friday if you can’t make it tomorrow and we open at 6am that day.

Sincerely,

But no info on what's actually on sale?

Maybe I'll drop by and take a look, maybe snag some discounted skylanders figures. I don't expect much though

amrod

Thank you for contacting Future Shop regarding order #241495XXX

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

The Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition, Tearaway (PlayStation Vita) and Ryse Son of Rome (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition are being prepared for shipment. You will receive an email with the update as soon as the items are ready to be shipped.

grr they said same thing Monday!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Dear Valued customers,

Sincerely,

Guess I know where I'll be strolling by tomorrow morning.

XOMTOR

Yeah, but what happens to the other who buys it? They won't have it, I didn't want to do that to them. Believe it I thought about keeping them in my pockets, or even better take a picture and use them as soon as I got back home. It was sooooo hard not doing it man.

You're a good man; you did the honorable thing. Kudos to you sir.

-Deimos

No, I'm pretty sure they replace any missing codes or manuals. But good on you for doing what you thought is the right thing.

iphys

No, I'm pretty sure they replace any missing codes or manuals. But good on you for doing what you thought is the right thing.

You'd either be cheating the store or the next person that buys it and probably creating a big inconvenience, so I definitely wouldn't have done it even if you could get away with it. It essentially would be stealing.

-Deimos

You'd either be cheating the store or the next person that buys it and probably creating a big inconvenience, so I definitely wouldn't have done it even if you could get away with it. It essentially would be stealing.

I don't mind stealing from the store as long as it doesn't affect other people (flame shield) and they won't put the unit up for sale without checking the contents first.

Ramblin

Banned
Anyone know anything about the Vancouver Robson fs VIP sale?

I know some poor guy was handing out the little promotional flyer and giving them the spiel about how they wanted to keep the shoppers from having to go to the states for black friday. He did this to everyone in line while people waited to trade in their game during that crazy promotion. I felt bad for the guy, by the time he got to me I'd heard it four times, so I interrupted him and said "are you crazy? I'm poor as shit that's why I'm in this line!"

Madness

Anyone know what time future shop or best buy will make their black friday deals live online? I'd rather not get up at 5-6AM and wait in lines or something just to get a 3DS XL. Could get the Zelda bundle for $180 but I'd rather have the actual game/case as opposed to a download code.

No_Style

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Look what I had waiting for me when I got home today.

ERXfqRT.jpg
Zelda guides + leaving work 3 hours early while still getting paid for the whole night = pretty good birthday for me. :)

zroid

Banned
Look what I had waiting for me when I got home today.

Zelda guides + leaving work 3 hours early while still getting paid for the whole night = pretty good birthday for me. :)

14898!? Mine was 29xxx :(

also: that bookmark is way bigger than I thought it'd be

OH and happy birthday :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
14898!? Mine was 29xxx :(

also: that bookmark is way bigger than I thought it'd be

OH and happy birthday :p
29K? Peasant. :p

I was also surprised at how large the bookmark was. Also, I knew it would be heavy because there are 6 guides but holy shit is this thing heavy. :lol

Anth0ny

29K? Peasant. :p

I was also surprised at how large the bookmark was. Also, I knew it would be heavy because there are 6 guides but holy shit is this thing heavy. :lol

Right? I got it in this fucking MASSIVE box along with my Zelda 3DS XL. Must be at least 30 pounds lol

iphys

I don't mind stealing from the store as long as it doesn't affect other people (flame shield) and they won't put the unit up for sale without checking the contents first.

I don't think that's possible. People stealing from the store denies other people the opportunity for cheaper prices or better wages, because the store has to cover the losses somehow in the end.

Kspraydad

Banned
I bought 3 PS+ cards at Wal-mart during the deal/pricing snafu two weeks ago and there were no taxes on them.

I ask as both walmart.ca and amazon.ca indicate taxes will be levied on ps+ cards. I think I understand why as its for a specific service so won't be taxed on psn when I redeem..hmmm...so was walmart wrong with you or online now?

big_z

Anyone know what time future shop or best buy will make their black friday deals live online? I'd rather not get up at 5-6AM and wait in lines or something just to get a 3DS XL. Could get the Zelda bundle for $180 but I'd rather have the actual game/case as opposed to a download code.

its random, they update the site in the middle of the night. it shouldn't be too hard to snag one. last time they went on sale it took a day to sell out, they tend to have a lot of stock.

Top Bottom