• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

ohlawd

It was? VideoGamesPlus says they shipped mine out today, I should be getting it tomorrow. My Best Buy order also shows out of stock at the moment, though I've seen that before--it doesn't necessarily mean out of stock permanently.

Ever since Amazon.ca unceremoniously dumped my pre-order, though, I've been taking no chances with this one. Until I have that Ys LE box in my grubby little hands I'm keeping my Best Buy order. Hopefully BB is better at keeping their word than Amazon, it looks like a really sweet LE package!

You gonna keep both of those boxes if BB decides to get their shit together? That LE is too nice, man. Maybe I should get two copies, too.

any Wii U deals?

I'm thinking Boxing Day should have some Wonderful 101 sales? Perhaps Wind Waker for 39.99? Or maybe NSMBU for a discount?

pretty lack luster for Wii U owners so far...

ryanmac

Banned
I just got Best Buy to price-match the Walmart.ca $249 deal even though it seems to be out of stock.

E5TI7MVl.jpg

You gonna keep both of those boxes if BB decides to get their shit together? That LE is too nice, man. Maybe I should get two copies, too.

I just did it to cover my ass in case either one fell through. I actually haven't decided what to do if I end up with two. I might just cancel the Best Buy one if it hasn't shipped by the time I get the VG+ one; keeping two is a little crazy for me but not unheard of (my two copies of Persona 4 Golden bear my shame, though at least only one of them is the collector's edition).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I know this isn't a gaming-post, but............... this is the only thread I can think of.

$650.00 + $599.81 taxes/fees = $1249.81 per adult

"Customer friendly" my ass. When are airlines gonna have to start displaying the full price up front?

I know this isn't a gaming-post, but............... this is the only thread I can think of.

"Customer friendly" my ass. When are airlines gonna have to start displaying the full price up front?

Errr, most of them do display it all up front.......isn't it the law already? Or soon?

I always find Flightcentre doing that, putting up prices that make me go in and and ask to find out it's just fake advertising!
They are one of the worst I dealt with, high fees for rescheduling a flight and for even booking one!

Madness

BestBuy's flyer has leaked for Black Friday, absolutely nothing good except a 3DS XL for $149.99

I've made up my mind, I want a 3DS to play a Link Between Worlds. Would you think that it's better to buy a black 3ds xl for $149 and then the game separately or like the limited edition gold/black version bundle with the download for like $190-something?

You think they'll go fast at the black friday price? I might go right before opening time, see if I can snag one.

Don't know if I should just go for the 2DS instead. For $99, I wouldn't mind getting one to play Zelda and Mario. Is there any reason not to get the 2DS? I will never be bringing this thing outside.

Jinto

Its sold out but your order should be fine. Release date was pushed back for the LE, Amazon and EB also haven't receive their shipment yet.

Ah, that's why EB Games didn't have my LE in when I called last night even though it was on their shipping list. I didn't have time to call them today. Any idea what the new release date is?

Anth0ny

Don't know if I should just go for the 2DS instead. For $99, I wouldn't mind getting one to play Zelda and Mario. Is there any reason not to get the 2DS? I will never be bringing this thing outside.

All that matters is form factor and whether you care about 3D or not.

Personally, I think it looks uncomfortable as fuck, so I'd fork out the extra $50 for the flawless 3DS XL. But if you're okay with that, $99 is a fantastic price for a LBW and 3D Land machine.

And Fire Emblem.

And Animal Crossing.

And Kid Icarus.

Firestorm

All that matters is form factor and whether you care about 3D or not.

Personally, I think it looks uncomfortable as fuck, so I'd fork out the extra $50 for the flawless 3DS XL. But if you're okay with that, $99 is a fantastic price for a LBW and 3D Land machine.

And Fire Emblem.

And Animal Crossing.

And Kid Icarus.
2DS is apparently much more comfortable to hold than a 3DS (original). I'd personally just grab an XL for $150 though.

Animal

Banned
The Future Shop flyer is out on reflagdeals.

Purchase of any WiiU console at normal price will get you a 50$ gift card.

darn, I hate toys r us sales since they always have such small stock and they're located so far away from me... I take it no price matching on Black Friday for BB or FS?

Unfortunately no. rfd:

Lowest Price Guarantee:
Remember, the Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or Boxing Week sale prices.

The Future Shop flyer is out on reflagdeals.

Purchase of any WiiU console at normal price will get you a 50$ gift card.

Assuming if you could do this online the gift card will be applied at checkout. Another option for $249.99 Mario/Zelda bundle

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I jumped on the $250 Wii U deal(Mario bundle) at Walmart. Figured for that price it might be worth buying into.

CKB3375

Hey all! Does anyone know of any Xbox Ones still out in the wild? Decided late to get one and now scrambling to find one in time for Xmas......preferably a Day One Edition. Thanks in advance!

Animal

Banned
Finally I just got Future Shop to price match Walmart's online price of 249.99 even though they are sold out.

There is no way i'm letting that Zelda WiiU console slip through my fingers.

lupinko

So does anyone know if that Target deal for the Zelda 3ds XL applies to Canada as well? That deal would be too good to pass up:p

I don't know about the Zelda deal, but Canadian retailers are selling the 2DS for $99 (Walmart) and 3DS XL (most retailers) for $149 just like their American counterparts.

krae_man

IIRC they aren't legally required to for another 3 years or something stupid. So far, Porter is the only airline I've seen that is doing it already.

That EBGames flyer is the saddest thing. Tales of Xillia seemed like the only decent sale. ZombiU for $29.99 is hilarious, given that FS/BB have been selling it for $19.99 for a while now. If last year was any indication, the web/Cyber Monday deals will be even worse.

I guess I'm glad, since I just bought an expensive console and now won't have to be tempted by anything besides the Steam sale (and I guess maybe Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD at FS/BB? maybe?).

Top Bottom