• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

by the way how long does it take for FS to post up the credit card refund on your CC?
Went yesterday, just checked now and doesn't seem to have any refund still at the same balance...

Lexxism

Do they send a code or a card? Couldn't I just use a fake address?

If you use an american billing address. Maybe some american Gaffers can help?

They will send you the code. So, I guess making a fake US address is enough to purchase the PS+ from .com. The PS+ goes live 12:01 PT.

by the way how long does it take for FS to post up the credit card refund on your CC?
Went yesterday, just checked now and doesn't seem to have any refund still at the same balance...

It will take 2-3 business days before it can reflect in your credit card.

Gerbs

Neo Member
This might be old news, but the Amazon.com PSN deals from this thread work with a Canadian credit card / PSN account if you use a fake US billing address. I bought BF4, redeemed on PS3 and upgraded to PS4. Downloading now. Another poster confirmed AC4 worked. I think BF4 would have been 5 dollars cheaper tomorrow, but I wanted to satisfy my curiosity today.

This might be old news, but the Amazon.com PSN deals from this thread work with a Canadian credit card / PSN account if you use a fake US billing address. I bought BF4, redeemed on PS3 and upgraded to PS4. Downloading now. Another poster confirmed AC4 worked. I think BF4 would have been 5 dollars cheaper tomorrow, but I wanted to satisfy my curiosity today.

You don't need a US PSN account to redeem the code?

rinse82

So there is no check to verify the fake US billing address matches what your credit card company has on file? I'm going to load up on $29.99 PS Plus' tomorrow if this works.

RE_Player

Any good Vita deals for Black Friday? I want to pick one up for my brother but I'm not seeing anything spectacular in these Black Friday previews.

dankir

I renewed my Xbox Live gold membership online and it was 40% off each month. Came out to 35.99 instead of 59.99.

You should see the ad when you're on the dashboard.

ohlawd

So there is no check to verify the fake US billing address matches what your credit card company has on file? I'm going to load up on $29.99 PS Plus' tomorrow if this works.
Can I really just any random US address for that? Thinking of using a random McDonald's address in New York or whatever >_>

Tik-Tok

Zeeman

Has anyone come across any good deals for Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, or Rayman Legends (Wii U)? These are all games I'm interested in but can't justify full price at the moment.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Any WiiU deals this weekend?

I have been trying to decide between getting a 2DS for each of my two boys (ages 5 & 7) and then getting them each a game or getting a WiiU for all my kids (12 yr old daughter too) and then getting a couple of games.

The WiiU would wind up being cheaper but I would really like to fuel my boys love for Nintendo handhelds. Software is so much cheaper and the library is massive.
But getting the WiiU would give the entire family a chance to play the new Mario, Zelda remake and many other great titles. The second screen feature looks awesome for Lego Marvel too and I've held off on getting that as of yet because I was trying to figure out which would be the best version.

So.... Sorry for the long post.

Any WiiU deals? Game packed in for $250 like last weekend?

jred2k

I have been trying to decide between getting a 2DS for each of my two boys (ages 5 & 7) and then getting them each a game or getting a WiiU for all my kids (12 yr old daughter too) and then getting a couple of games.

The WiiU would wind up being cheaper but I would really like to fuel my boys love for Nintendo handhelds. Software is so much cheaper and the library is massive.
But getting the WiiU would give the entire family a chance to play the new Mario, Zelda remake and many other great titles. The second screen feature looks awesome for Lego Marvel too and I've held off on getting that as of yet because I was trying to figure out which would be the best version.

The Mario+Luigi Bundle for $250 was back in stock at Walmart.ca this morning. I just ordered it today when I saw it.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mario-luigi-wii-u-deluxe-set-online-only/6000142774176

Shinyo

Neo Member
Mine's still stuck at "Order Received", which is beginning to make me nervous. It sounds like some of you are two steps ahead now. Anyone else still stuck at step 1? Really hoping it changes soon so I can relax a bit.

Yup, still in the Order Received phase for my Shop.ca Dec 9th order.

jred2k

I'm a little LTTP on that $30 PS+ deal, but does anyone know if those redeemed codes count towards the spend $60 get $10 promotion? I'm guessing the money actually has to go through your wallet for that.

khaaan

I think Walmart still has a deal where you can get the Mario bundle for $279 or $289 and it comes with a $40 gift card. I think someone mentioned a similar deal a few pages back but it comes with a $50 gift card. You also have the option of going to Best Buy or Futureshop and trying to price match the $250 deal that's currently sold out online.

Edit: And it's back.

Firestorm

Why don't we have these deals in Canada: "Microsoft - Xbox 360 250GB Black Friday Bundle with Halo 4, Darksiders II, Tomb Raider and Batman: Arkham City"

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-360-250gb-black-friday-bundle-with-halo-4-darksiders-ii-tomb-raider-and-batman-arkham-city/2300045.p?id=1219071509028&skuId=2300045&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Pfm.at4AjXZVZd_xvjOtyQ

It just ain't right...
that's an Xbox 360 with a bunch of $10 games a week after the Xbox One. You live in a country where you can pre-order virtually every new release for 33% off every year. You live in a country where a pharmacy sells video game consoles and doesn't restrict consoles from their coupons or reward program. You could seriously have picked up an Xbox One for $350, Playstation 4 for $280, or WiiU for $210 if you had signed up to receive coupons from them. You live in a country that has the WiiU for a cheaper price than the US for the entire week leading up to Black Friday.

People should not be looking at the US with envy for deals. We have had the better of it for a while now and it doesn't even require any effort like the old days of trade promos and used game sales.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Whoa! Price match at Toys R Us? That sounds nice.

Where so I find this $50 gift card at Walmart deal posted? Cause that looks to be the best of them.

In all honesty I would rather the Zelda bundle if I can get it.

joedick

Has anyone come across any good deals for Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, or Rayman Legends (Wii U)? These are all games I'm interested in but can't justify full price at the moment.

One of the stores will have Rayman for $30....there's a link to a site that compiles all the deals a page or two back, that's where I saw it.

jred2k

Whoa! Price match at Toys R Us? That sounds nice.

Where so I find this $50 gift card at Walmart deal posted? Cause that looks to be the best of them.

In all honesty I would rather the Zelda bundle if I can get it.

Walmart in-store was sell the Wii U bundle with NSMBU for $289 and it came with a $40 gift card.

The Zelda bundle is $249 online, as well, so you can try price matching that at Toys R Us if you go that route.

Yonge and Dundas best buy has a bunch of ps4s in stock if anybody is interested. I just picked one up for my sister to give to her boyfriend. They have some bundles on offer too, though I didn't check the flyer, sorry.

Roto13

The only deal that's really calling out to me is Tales of Xillia for $20 but I don't know if I want to play another Tales game and I'm pretty sure I don't want to have to go to EB Games again.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Walmart in-store was sell the Wii U bundle with NSMBU for $289 and it came with a $40 gift card.

The Zelda bundle is $249 online, as well, so you can try price matching that at Toys R Us if you go that route.

Any chance they will price match something that is out of stock? I have never had much luck with ToysRus doing price matches. I once brought in a FS flyer for a game that was $5 cheaper and they wanted to call FS. It was during Christmas shopping season last year and I let the guy stay on hold for over 5 minutes and then he finally got hung up on. He went to call back and I just stood there and lightly mocked him and his manager by saying something along the lines of "are you really going to sit on hold for $5 during Christmas shopping season? You can either match the price and I give you $35 for this game and buy the rest of this stuff I have in my cart or I leave this all here and go give your competitors my money"
They actually chose for me to go elsewhere (well they said they couldn't match the price without confirmation of it being in stock at FS) Right up until I got outside the door. The manager ran out to the parking lot to apologize and ask me to come back. I told her no thanks. Maybe next time she will know better to say no to a $500+ sale over a five dollar price match.

So I likely won't attempt going to ToysRus.

isny

napkin dispenser
Any chance they will price match something that is out of stock? I have never had much luck with ToysRus doing price matches. I once brought in a FS flyer for a game that was $5 cheaper and they wanted to call FS. It was during Christmas shopping season last year and I let the guy stay on hold for over 5 minutes and then he finally got hung up on. He went to call back and I just stood there and lightly mocked him and his manager by saying something along the lines of "are you really going to sit on hold for $5 during Christmas shopping season? You can either match the price and I give you $35 for this game and buy the rest of this stuff I have in my cart or I leave this all here and go give your competitors my money"
They actually chose for me to go elsewhere (well they said they couldn't match the price without confirmation of it being in stock at FS) Right up until I got outside the door. The manager ran out to the parking lot to apologize and ask me to come back. I told her no thanks. Maybe next time she will know better to say no to a $500+ sale over a five dollar price match.

If you're buying the Mario bundle, it's in stock online at both TRU and Walmart, so you can just buy online using a credit card from TRU and once your order is placed give them a call and they will refund 10% of the dif to your credit card. Free shipping too.

zroid

Banned

Damn, lol.

uPlay: (I know I know)

If anyone has Ubibux or whatever you can score a digital download of AC4 or Just Dance 4 for XBone or PS4 here for 100 points: http://uplay.ubi.com/en-US/events/next-gen/gifts

They also have the seasons pass but all of today's are gone. AC4 and JD4 copies still seem available.

The points are essentially free from playing previous games so you can get these games free if you have enough points.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

If anyone has Ubibux or whatever you can score a digital download of AC4 or Just Dance 4 for XBone or PS4 here for 100 points: http://uplay.ubi.com/en-US/events/next-gen/gifts

They also have the seasons pass but all of today's are gone. AC4 and JD4 copies still seem available.

The points are essentially free from playing previous games so you can get these games free if you have enough points.

So it's a raffle, basically?

Jesus, 100 points is nothing. Will the code work in any territory?

Top Bottom