• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Hey all! Does anyone know of any Xbox Ones still out in the wild? Decided late to get one and now scrambling to find one in time for Xmas......preferably a Day One Edition. Thanks in advance!

I don't think so. Day 1 editions are all gone, unless you get really luck in a store that no one has picked up.

As for the regular editions, stores are supposed to stock up on both the consoles this Friday.

Mayyhem

So one of my Futureshop E3 orders still hasnt been delivered yet and it shipped Nov 18 and was expected to deliver by the 20th.

I contacted Canada Post and they said to contact Futureshop. I contacted Futureshop and they said sorry blah blah if it doesnt come by the 3rd of December they'll initiate a lost shipment trace.

This is pretty ridiculous, I live in an apartment building with no mail boxes so I or somebody has to be home when the mail man comes. So annoying.

iphys

So one of my Futureshop E3 orders still hasnt been delivered yet and it shipped Nov 18 and was expected to deliver by the 20th.

I contacted Canada Post and they said to contact Futureshop. I contacted Futureshop and they said sorry blah blah if it doesnt come by the 3rd of December they'll initiate a lost shipment trace.

This is pretty ridiculous, I live in an apartment building with no mail boxes so I or somebody has to be home when the mail man comes. So annoying.

Happened to me one time with BB, and they made me wait 30 days before they would launch an investigation, and then all they did was refund my purchase rather than replacing it, and it was impossible to get the discounted price on my order again.

Apparently, it's a week's suspension for the letter carrier if it was out for delivery and it was "do not safe drop" and they didn't get it to you, so they lose like $1000 in pay over it if that makes you feel any better.

Apparently, it's a week's suspension for the letter carrier if it was out for delivery and it was "do not safe drop" and they didn't get it to you, so they lose like $1000 in pay over it if that makes you feel any better.

Holy shit I should quit university and become a postman… Can't be that high,right...?

Federal job, probably at LEAST 50k a year

Yea that make sense. Must be a great job, keep yourself in good shape too! I think that you need to put your name in a bank and they randomly pick people in there for interview when they hire. I would feel really conflicted with FF and BB games, they are always "do not safe drop" but you know that people want them home when they come back from work!

Yea that make sense. Must be a great job, keep yourself in good shape too! I think that you need to put your name in a bank and they randomly pick people in there for interview when they hire. I would feel really conflicted with FF and BB games, they are always "do not safe drop" but you know that people want them home when they come back from work!

Man, I went through a phase when I really wanted to be a postman. I walk everywhere as is, so doing so while getting paid quite well and doing it on borderline your own hours (within a certain window) sounded pretty sweet.

chrono01

Has anyone's copy of Ys: Memories of Celceta [Premium Edition] ship from EBGames.ca? I've had it pre-ordered since the day it was announced and it's still unshipped [also incorrectly listed as a GTA Promo" but I talked to them about it and it appears as though it's simply an error and the pre-order is still valid].

I'm just worried about waiting too long, having the order cancelled, and then not being able to find the Premium Edition anywhere. >_<

zroid

Banned
Weak as hell every year. Why do we get such bad deals compared to our pals from the south? ARGH

The deals are designed to be just barely good enough that people will not be willing to shop across the border.

Boxing Day is where the real deals come out for us, at least in theory. But TBH I think those deals have gotten worse since Black Friday came north. The retailers can't handle two days with mad dealz, so they give us one day with mediocre deals and one day with decent deals.

I feel like TRU has the best BF deals. Wind Waker and Mario Kart for $60? Sold.

Tempted by DKCR3D, but the fact I need two copies for co-op when I just need one Wii game is kind of lame.

iiicon

All I want is a decent Vita deal, not one of these bundles with a game that I've already played (and is sold cheap on other platforms regularly) and an Uncharted game that's still available on PS+. Is that too much to ask?

iphys

Federal job, probably at LEAST 50k a year

Yeah, in the last strike they were saying they all make like $25 an hour, which amounts to $50K a year. The bag is heavy, and you have to work in dreadful weather sometimes, but the pay doesn't get much better for unskilled labour.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hmm, the Wal-Mart Wii U for $250 thing isn't technically part of their Black Friday sale, is it? Their site says the Black Friday event starts on the 29th. Does that mean I can get that Wii U price-matched minus 10% at Future Shop?
Yes, someone did it at Best Buy on the previous page.

I just got Best Buy to price-match the Walmart.ca $249 deal even though it seems to be out of stock.

E5TI7MVl.jpg

Madness

Weak as hell every year. Why do we get such bad deals compared to our pals from the south? ARGH

Because, Black Friday isn't a 'Canadian' type event like Boxing Day is. Retailers here have started to adopt it here the past few years because of the fact our dollar is at parity, and many thousands of people will head across the border to shop. It all ties into thanksgiving weekend for Americans. For America it's also the last and busiest major shopping day, we still have Boxing Day.

Luigi87

^
That pretty much.
Store I work at will open at 7AM (rather than 8AM) this Friday, but on Boxing Day, they're gonna open at 6AM... Not looking forward to that one <_<

Jayhawk

I'm pissed I didn't get to take advantage of the Walmart deal for the Wii U. Unless Nintendo announces a price drop any time soon, $250 is likely the best price you will find.

They will ship by the third, if not by the dec 9th.
Mines been on shiping soon as well.
So I assume it wont be there till the late next week or the week after if they ship it on the 3rd.

Mine's still stuck at "Order Received", which is beginning to make me nervous. It sounds like some of you are two steps ahead now. Anyone else still stuck at step 1? Really hoping it changes soon so I can relax a bit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's no way to take advantage of US PS Plus codes over here?
Apparently they work here. It's just the money cards that don't work.

Mine's still stuck at "Order Received", which is beginning to make me nervous. It sounds like some of you are two steps ahead now. Anyone else still stuck at step 1? Really hoping it changes soon so I can relax a bit.
Mine changed today, I think. Maybe PM Infinity to take a look or hope it changes today?

Dazzler

Anyone got any suggestions for the best place to pick up a TV stand?

I need something that will accommodate up to a 50" as I'm planning to upgrade my current 32" around Boxing Day

Luigi87

Good thing I'm home. My Zelda collector's guides just arrived... UPS guy knocked on the door, and left them outside my side door in my drive way.

Jinto

Anyone got any suggestions for the best place to pick up a TV stand?

I need something that will accommodate up to a 50" as I'm planning to upgrade my current 32" around Boxing Day

Try Visions. I picked up a nice one for my parents on boxing day last year for $100 to go along with the 46" TV I got them for Christmas.

Do you need a gamepad to operate the Wii U or to play certain games? I keep seeing the console selling for ~100$ on ebay without a gamepad and wondering if it's possible to use with say just a classic/pro controller or wii mote

Top Bottom