• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

brarstar

Neo Member
Anyone see any great deals on Xbox Live please let me know. I know BB is going to have it for $39 not sure if that is available online though.

jet1911

What are the other games? Any other places got deals on 3ds games? Trying to snag some Nintendo games since those never drop in price.

FS/BB will have Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion for 25$ iirc.

QUOTE=Beaner;91689211]Amazon US will have it for $30 tomorrow, purchase it with your Canadian credit card with a Delaware shipping address and they'll email you the code.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that'll have to do I guess.

Smo21

FS/BB will have Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion for 25$ iirc.

QUOTE=Beaner;91689211]Amazon US will have it for $30 tomorrow, purchase it with your Canadian credit card with a Delaware shipping address and they'll email you the code.

Yeah, that'll have to do I guess.[/QUOTE]

Ugh Luigi was the one I wanted most. Oh well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Reposting for new page.

Is there an incoming decent deal for a PS3 ?

Is the Azurite 250GB with NHL14 for 199$ from most stores tomorrow worth it ?
I think Target is doing that bundle for 180?
It's too bad RFD hit, because people were getting 100 dollar PS3s last month. :(

Do you have a link for this? I can't find anything on the ps blog.
One of the mods said that Canada would get something, but there haven't been any clarifications.

Here's a unique question; Christmas Trees.

Where would a guy like me in a bachelor apartment get a small, cheap, "tree" to put some lights on and maybe some ornaments? Something small and skinny like a floor lamp in size. I don't have room for a ye 'ol big tree, but I don't want a tiny tree for a table, something more for my little apartment to brighten my Christmas. Any recommendations?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
i know next to nothing about internal hdd's is this considered a good brand/speed etc compared to normal internal hdd's? i want one for my PS4

For space and speed, SSHD seems to be the compromise. And that's about the same price as a normal drive, really.

Alternatively, you could spend hundreds on a 512gb/1tb SSD if you are obsessed with speed.

Jachaos

So I got the digital codes for BF4+Season Pass from Amazon. Got the codes in my e-mail.

Do I now need to redeem them on the PS3 first ? Do I need a US PSN account ?

ElNino

Here's a unique question; Christmas Trees.

Where would a guy like me in a bachelor apartment get a small, cheap, "tree" to put some lights on and maybe some ornaments? Something small and skinny like a floor lamp in size. I don't have room for a ye 'ol big tree, but I don't want a tiny tree for a table, something more for my little apartment to brighten my Christmas. Any recommendations?
Canadian Tire maybe? That's where I got my last one, but it was a big 8 foot tree.

DaBoss

Is Canada included in the $10 credit from buying $60 more from PSN? I think we can get the PS+ for $25 ea if it does.
Did they change it to $60? I got $10 earlier this month for spending only $50.

EDIT: Seems like they changed it, didn't bother looking at the SEN page till now lol.

DaBoss

I see. The problem now is if you add it up, it's only 59.98. I still need 0.02 to reach $60 LOL
I think they round up. I only spent $49.99 and got $10 on the previous promo.
fPQqlDE.png

Preemo

Banned
does anyone have any indication of current/future PS4 availability in the central Toronto area.

checked on a few sites that said sold out/not available, but i thought i'd ask GAF for some anecdotal input.

I see. The problem now is if you add it up, it's only 59.98. I still need 0.02 to reach $60 LOL

That's their new promo. Buy more than $60 and get $10 credit

We don't know if 59.98 will count or not. Could ask on the PS blog, tweet someone, or just buy a cheap avatar to get you over the mark.

Vamphuntr

Wait past midnight to get the Vita deal at ebgames => Vita is out of stock anyway before the sale. In the Flyer they had Vita + Uncharted for 179.99$ for Black Friday but the Vita itself has been sold out on the website before the sale unless there is something I'm not understanding.

Well, DaBoss said this. So, I guess yes.

Only means for sure that they round up $XX.99. Doesn't necessarily mean they round up everything else. The reason why that came up is because people wanted to buy PS+, which was $49.99, and get the $50 promotion.

I wouldn't necessarily assume they have implemented a general rounding strategy for promotions versus a single clause for $XX.99 purchases. Up to you though.

Yasumi

Banned
Wait past midnight to get the Vita deal at ebgames => Vita is out of stock anyway before the sale. In the Flyer they had Vita + Uncharted for 179.99$ for Black Friday but the Vita itself has been sold out on the website before the sale unless there is something I'm not understanding.

It seems to be on the website too, but the only portion of it that's available is the starter kit. Maybe it's only in-store?

Top Bottom