• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Vamphuntr

It seems to be on the website too, but the only portion of it that's available is the starter kit. Maybe it's only in-store?

I'll try to check in store after work tomorrow then. Hopefully there are some left.
The Walking Dead Bundle is up but it's still 199.99

The flyer said any Vita system so this should be good too.

Yeah but nowhere on the bundle page it states there is a free game :/ Not a fan of the walking dead game either. I would prefer pay 180$ and get an 8gb card for 20$ instead of paying 200$ for the walking dead and a 4 gb card.

Lexxism

Only means for sure that they round up $XX.99. Doesn't necessarily mean they round up everything else. The reason why that came up is because people wanted to buy PS+, which was $49.99, and get the $50 promotion.

I wouldn't necessarily assume they have implemented a general rounding strategy for promotions versus a single clause for $XX.99 purchases. Up to you though.

That's fine. The $29.99 is what I'm aiming for since this is the best deal we can get here. The $10 is just a bonus if I end up getting one.

does anyone have any indication of current/future PS4 availability in the central Toronto area.

checked on a few sites that said sold out/not available, but i thought i'd ask GAF for some anecdotal input.

They're out there. I posted this earlier today:

Yonge and Dundas best buy has a bunch of ps4s in stock if anybody is interested. I just picked one up for my sister to give to her boyfriend. They have some bundles on offer too, though I didn't check the flyer, sorry.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Just purchased Tales of Xilia for 19.99$. Can't believe it o.o

Any other good deals on videogames?

Product listings seem to still be updating but product pages and carts are showing the sale prices with some games.

Yup. Just discovered that.

Really not much for me.

Ordered A Realm Reborn and that Wolverine Blu-Ray (not on sale) so that I could get in for free shipping.

Was hoping the Iron Man 3 3d blu-ray would be on sale. Still $42 bones. Going to keep checking for a little while for an update.

DiamondDogs

Neo Member
Money's tight right now (school and job market) but I can afford to buy 1 other game. My question to Canadagaf is Tales of Xilia worth $20?

-I love, love, love, love, love Tales of Symphonia.
-I did not enjoy Visperia in the slightest. I forced through the end, disliked the characters, disliked the story, gameplay was okay but not as fun as Symphonia's system.

I've read mixed things about Xilia. Is it worth $20? Or should I just wait for the Tales of Symphonia HD title to hit $20?

If it helps, I like Square Enix RPG's (FF7,FF10,Kingdom Hearts) and also loved Xenoblade.

ohlawd

err what both standard and special editions of Beyond are $40.

Whatever. Bought special edition (for the sibling) and Star Fox 3D from BB.

Madness

Just bought a 3ds xl and star fox from future shop online. Figured why get up early tomorrow and wait in lines.

Was thinking of getting Kingdom Hearts and that Shin Megami Tensei game everyone always mentioned. How are they? Will probably try to hit up Toys R Us tomorrow to get DKCR 3D and Mario Kart.

Jinto

I'll probably pick up Rayman Legends for the Wii U at EB. $30 seems reasonable enough.

If we bought these sale games at regular price and still have the receipt, will FS or BB refund the difference?

Also, I was gonna buy Borderlands 2 GOTY, but it seems it'll be coming to PS Plus next month. Is the $30 worth it for the extra content?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'll probably pick up Rayman Legends for the Wii U at EB. $30 seems reasonable enough.

If we bought these sale games at regular price and still have the receipt, will FS or BB refund the difference?

Also, I was gonna buy Borderlands 2 GOTY, but it seems it'll be coming to PS Plus next month. Is the $30 worth it for the extra content?
Black Friday sales are excluded from price match with other retailers but I don't know if that extends to price protection against their own sales.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/our-price-beat-promise/hc80.aspx

You're best off calling and asking.

Madness

Seems like they wouldn't match Boxing Day prices? I bought a Zelda Wii U about 2 weeks ago. Should I return it and just pick one up tomorrow?

Yeah they rarely do. Although you could get the odd person who agrees to allow a return/rebuy, but if you can, buy it at the new price and return it at the old one. Try and get an adjustment though, say something like, why make me buy two consoles, one potentially opened. Just refund me $50 bucks, you won't have to take an open box back.

lfc11

Neo Member
Yeah they rarely do. Although you could get the odd person who agrees to allow a return/rebuy, but if you can, buy it at the new price and return it at the old one. Try and get an adjustment though, say something like, why make me buy two consoles, one potentially opened. Just refund me $50 bucks, you won't have to take an open box back.

Thanks, will bring my receipt tomorrow to try and get the refund. If it doesn't work, I'll just pick up one and return the opened one on Saturday.

Apple store finally updated.

Their deal is that everything you buy pretty much comes with an Apple store giftcard.

New MacBook Pro comes with a $150 gift, iPad comes with a $75 and etc.

Just bought two PS+ cards for $29.99 each from Amazon.com!
They put a limit of two per customer and I'm not sure if they have a definite amount of cards at that price so you better jump on that price before it's too late!

Maximus.

I didn't do it yet :)
Hopefully it won't be a problem!

Ah ok, I just read that US PS+ codes would not work with Canadian accounts and required a hassle of a work around, just wanted to see if it was true :S

I think I'm gonna wait for the PSN deal to pop up in Canada. A Sony rep said we'd get it too.

Probably will wait to see what happens in Canada, Sony seems good not letting us down!

IllumiNate

Purchased 2x PSN cards from amazon and BF4 digital all redeemed fine on my ps4 Canadian account.
Also picked up Heart of the Swarm $14.99 and DKCR3D $24.99 at BB.ca

Vamphuntr

Seems like Ebgames website glitched. The Vita bundles are finally up but they actually slashed the price of the wrong one :p

Vanilla Vita + free Uncharted was supposed to be 179.99$ but instead it was Walking Dead Bundle + Free Uncharted that was offered for 179.99$. Close to the US Amazon deal. Ordered one, wonder if they will honor it.

QaaQer

Just bought a 3ds xl and star fox from future shop online. Figured why get up early tomorrow and wait in lines.

Was thinking of getting Kingdom Hearts and that Shin Megami Tensei game everyone always mentioned. How are they? Will probably try to hit up Toys R Us tomorrow to get DKCR 3D and Mario Kart.

Kingdom hearts for $20 - :)

SMTIV - story is good, game play is dungeon crawler + random encounters, controls are poor, DLC is gamebreaking. For me, the controls + game breaking dlc made me regret the purchase.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Got my two PS+ codes at Amazon as well using the Delaware trick :D

$30 is an amazingly good deal.

Sony Entertainment Canada also doing the $29.99 deal or is it just the States?

If they aren't, I might as well just get it from Amazon.com for $30 a piece.

Top Bottom