• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

bryt

Just bought a $30 PS+ code from Amazon. It was weird though, for some reason when I put in a Delaware address it couldn't process my payment and asked me to revise my payment info. I changed the billing address to my Canadian address and it worked.

Nibiru

Banned
You can still get the Wii U bundle for $249 at best buy. If you order it online the $50 gift card is applied instantly and use paypal and get 5% back.

IISANDERII

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Had no problem at all picking up a $99 2DS at Walmart this a.m. They didn't even go to the (fully stocked) shelves to grab one - just asked me which colour I wanted and pulled one out of a box behind the cash. I think they're expecting to sell a good few of these (and I suspect they're right). Anyway, it was nice to get this great little system so cheap... and kind of ironic that in the end I spent less on my 3DSXL and 2DS combined than I did on my Day One Ambassador 3DS...

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I really wouldn't mind upgrading my 3DS to an XL but there aren't any sales on that damn zelda bundle :(

ohlawd

huehuehuehuehuehue

blurry ass pic forgive me of all my sins

dscf6207aab2q.jpg

went to TRU first cuz it's the nearest then Superstore cuz no tax. I'm returning the one from TRU on Monday.

Had no problem at all picking up a $99 2DS at Walmart this a.m. They didn't even go to the (fully stocked) shelves to grab one - just asked me which colour I wanted and pulled one out of a box behind the cash. I think they're expecting to sell a good few of these (and I suspect they're right). Anyway, it was nice to get this great little system so cheap... and kind of ironic that in the end I spent less on my 3DSXL and 2DS combined than I did on my Day One Ambassador 3DS...

I ordered online but I should have just dropped by. It'll get delivered to me waaaay later but it's not for me anyway.

BPK

I tried to buy the code from amazon but it asks me for my credit card info and then says that the deal is for Canadian customers only.

Sora_N

Try again later, PSN is getting hit hard right now with the EU launch and the BF deals.

Ugh I sure hope so, $30 down the drain would really piss me off.

FS site getting slammed.

I bought Naruto for PS3 but the EB guy sold me the non-full burst version, no wonder why he had to override (scanned at 29.99). Site is sold out, dammit. I don't know if I'm gonna go head out again before work. :/

BPK

You probably mean American, and you need to create a US address.

Oops, meant American. I already have a U.S. shipping address as my default but it still says it's for Americans only. As soon as I click buy, it immediately asks me for my name and CC info. When I put that in it then says that the deal is exclusive to Americans.

Oops, meant American. I already have a U.S. shipping address as my default but it still says it's for Americans only. As soon as I click buy, it immediately asks me for my name and CC info. When I put that in it then says that the deal is exclusive to Americans.

I switched the billing address for my credit card to my cousins American address and it went through.

I'm talking about the Amazon.com PSN+ deal.

BPK

I switched the billing address for my credit card to my cousins American address and it went through.

I'm talking about the Amazon.com PSN+ deal.

Is there any advantage to using a family's billing address or can I just create a fake one? As well, is this confirmed to work 100% in Canada. I wouldn't be activating the code until Christmas and so it would suck to have Sony or Amazon find some way to disable it by then.

isny

napkin dispenser
The Zelda 3DS bundle was $199 last week at Walmart I believe?

So don't complain about it not being on sale, you just missed out =p

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
The Zelda 3DS bundle was $199 last week at Walmart I believe?

So don't complain about it not being on sale, you just missed out =p

I don't want it for 199, I want it for 150 like the Americans are getting.

Bear

It's the last week of classes so I've been way too busy to follow any of the deals. Are there any good sales on quality monitors that I should check out?

krae_man

So for the Amazon thing, do I have to create a new account with a fake US address? Amazon seems to automatically know I'm Canadian.

Doel

I don't want it for 199, I want it for 150 like the Americans are getting.

One thing I've learned in the age of internet deals, the price we pay for living in a country with universal healthcare, strict gun laws, and a smaller income inequality gap are terrible sales in comparison to the US. It's something I'm starting to accept, and I think I'm ok with.

Is there any advantage to using a family's billing address or can I just create a fake one? As well, is this confirmed to work 100% in Canada. I wouldn't be activating the code until Christmas and so it would suck to have Sony or Amazon find some way to disable it by then.

As far as i know you can fake it. As for the code working, i do not think they will do that and if you don't want to take chances redeem it online in couple of days when the servers are all good.

So for the Amazon thing, do I have to create a new account with a fake US address? Amazon seems to automatically know I'm Canadian.

I don't know what account i have, however at checkout it said to me it is only available for Americans, probably because i have a Canadian credit card with a Canadian billing address. With the same credit card when i switched my address to an American one, it worked.

huehuehuehuehuehue

blurry ass pic forgive me of all my sins

went to TRU first cuz it's the nearest then Superstore cuz no tax. I'm returning the one from TRU on Monday.

How much?

Tried to get Game of Thrones Season 1&2 on Bluray from Amazon.com for 20$. Gone in less than 10 seconds :( haha

Sora_N

Fuck you Sony, it still doesn't work.

I hope it's not just the damn code, I waited all night to be able to buy this code dammit.

lilty

Question about the Vita deal at EB.

Can I get the bundle that comes with The Walking Dead or is it just Vitas by themselves?

Top Bottom