• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

trixx

Got Zombi U. How does Amazon black friday work? Don't really see much on sale
Only thing that interests me is megaman zero collection but for $18 ehh

Sober

Probably just going to get Luigi's Mansion on Amazon when the price flips to 25$ later and some other TV stuff I meant to get anyway. I want to grab 3DS/DS games like maniac but I'm already having trouble getting through the 5 or 6 I already have.

Maximus.

Good luck with that. I keep getting booted before finishing checkout.

FInally went through! I wanted to get Jurassic Park on bluray too but it was sold out. Didnt want to try navigating the site because its so slow so paid for the shipping....

Is that the Hobbit Extended Edition? How much is it? Been meaning to pick that up, but waiting for a good price.

I dont think its extended. Just the steelbook bluray for $10.

isny

napkin dispenser
FInally went through! I wanted to get Jurassic Park on bluray too but it was sold out. Didnt want to try navigating the site because its so slow so paid for the shipping....

I dont think its extended. Just the steelbook bluray for $10.

Lucky guy. Twenty minutes and can't even view my cart.

isny

napkin dispenser
Finally got through with an order, man, that took almost an hour and trying both FS and BB.

Picked up Zombi U and Epic Mickey 2 Wii U.

Luckily there's nothing I really need on Boxing Day, as I've had my fill for this month of their terribad websites.

Maximus.

Anyone else waiting for their wii u from walmart to ship? It's estimated to be delivered some time this week but man if I had an idea bestbuy and Futureshop would have the same deal I would've ordered from them!

Yeah, I wish. Gamestop down in the US has 32GB for $40 and 16 for $20. They constantly go on sale, just never in Canada.
They did, but they already sold out. :/

I was perfectly fine paying some shipping costs if it meant finally getting a larger card. I don't get what Gamestop Canada doesn't have the same deal going.

I really need one before Feb, since a whole shwack of awesome Vita games are coming out then.

ohlawd

They did, but they already sold out. :/

I was perfectly fine paying some shipping costs if it meant finally getting a larger card. I don't get what Gamestop Canada doesn't have the same deal going.

I really need one before Feb, since a whole shwack of awesome Vita games are coming out then.

Help me out here

Danganroppa

ok all I got.

ohlawd

uber typo with dangan ronpa my bad

much better list now. aren't we getting the vita version of ffx and x-2 later than feb?

uber typo with dangan ronpa my bad

much better list now. aren't we getting the vita version of ffx and x-2 later than feb?
Probably, but it's still a pretty sweet get for the Vita.

I truly feel like the system is just starting to tap into it's potential, and I want to support it as much as I can. I am so hyped for Dangan Ronpa, it's not even funny.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
If anyone is looking for a Mario and Luigi Wii U bundle, there's one at SDM in Port Moody as of yesterday. Might be worth it if it's in short supply and you have some points to redeem.

Sober

Amazon.ca deals flipped over, just bought Luigi's Mansion 2. Everyone says Dream Team is meh so I passed on it and I already have FE:A.

What're the chances Christmas and Boxing day sales are better?
Who knows.

It's pretty disparaging to see the vast difference in deals offered just south of the boarder, even worse when retailers are trying to disguise their regular "deals" as something special just so they can ride on the coattails of their US counterparts.

I just picked up Amazing Spiderman and Lego Batman 2 on FS for Wii U, $39 shipped.

Will go nicely with my son's Wii U I grabbed from SDM for $250 and Lego Marvel that was $30 at Wal Mart. Santa is a very nice man.

I have all the must have Wii U games that are appropriate for his age already so he's got SM3DW, Pikmin 3, Wonderul 101 etc.

Socreges

Banned
Who knows.

It's pretty disparaging to see the vast difference in deals offered just south of the boarder, even worse when retailers are trying to disguise their regular "deals" as something special just so they can ride on the coattails of their US counterparts.
This has been rampant. Either it's gotten worse (I concede it's always been a matter of course) or I've just become more aware of it.

mrgone

Amazon.ca deals flipped over, just bought Luigi's Mansion 2. Everyone says Dream Team is meh so I passed on it and I already have FE:A.

I didn't even think about it earlier, but it's one penny under the free shipping threshold. Kinda scummy :)

Where can I get the extended battery for the Wii U Gamepad in Canada?

Do people recommend the Nintendo or Nyko one?

I can't find either online.

Firestorm

Ok, I'll bite. What are these amazing deals that the US have that make our deals look like crap? I'm really not sure what all the whining is about.

Socreges

Banned
Ok, I'll bite. What are these amazing deals that the US have that make our deals look like crap? I'm really not sure what all the whining is about.
Can't be fussed to look through them, but I was talking about the ridiculous deception from Canadian (and probably American) retailers. Flyers from lots of different stores would have their regular prices but dressed up as Black Friday Blowouts, hoping that enough people are ignorant to what something normally goes for. Mind you, it probably did work. If someone doesn't know what the value of something is, they can be easily tricked by gimmickry.

Firestorm

Can't be fussed to look through them, but I was talking about the ridiculous deception from Canadian (and probably American) retailers. Flyers from lots of different stores would have their regular prices but dressed up as Black Friday Blowouts, hoping that enough people are ignorant to what something normally goes for. Mind you, it probably did work. If someone doesn't know what the value of something is, they can be easily tricked by gimmickry.
Well, yeah, that's been Black Friday and Boxing Day's schtick for years now. 3 year old model / special low end model of high end item (usually tv) in limited quantity and then some high margin items at a deep discount and then maybe 1 or 2 actual good deals sprinkled throughout.

E3 is our Boxing Day / Black Friday for games now and I'm more than happy with that. 33% off every game year-round is a lot better than picking up old games for 33% off at the end of November like the US gets.

Socreges

Banned
Well, yeah, that's been Black Friday and Boxing Day's schtick for years now. 3 year old model / special low end model of high end item (usually tv) in limited quantity and then some high margin items at a deep discount and then maybe 1 or 2 actual good deals sprinkled throughout.

E3 is our Boxing Day / Black Friday for games now and I'm more than happy with that. 33% off every game year-round is a lot better than picking up old games for 33% off at the end of November like the US gets.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92072392&postcount=14044

Top Bottom