• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Tuck

Damn Futureshop is getting hammered.

EDIT: Dream Team is alright but nothing special. Kinda got bored of it after 10 hours.

Roto13

How is Dream Team? I loved the GBA Mario and Luigi. Also is FE a hardcore SRPG? I'm pretty shitty at them in general, is it friendly to novices?

Fire Emblem Awakening is pretty easy if you turn off permadeath. And it's not overly complicated or anything. You'll be ok.

Tuck

Fire Emblem Awakening is pretty easy if you turn off permadeath. And it's not overly complicated or anything. You'll be ok.

That said, I would highly recommend not turning off perma death - makes the game much more challenging but also so much more fun (and longer, too - since you need to restart a battle if a team mate dies, unless you dont care if they are gone for good)

It was my first fire emblem and I loved it.

Roto13

That said, I would highly recommend not turning off perma death - makes the game much more challenging but also so much more fun (and longer, too - since you need to restart a battle if a team mate dies, unless you dont care if they are gone for good)

Unless that exact thing is why you stopped playing previous Fire Emblem games after a few battles, like me.

MercuryLS

Banned
3DS XL, for sure. The perks are more than worth the extra $50.

$50 = two games though...also I kinda dig the tablet-ish look of the 2DS (don't care for 3D at all). Hmm.

I'm going to get:

Virtue's Last Reward
Luigi's Mansion
Fire Emblem
and Mario & Luigi

Any other must haves? I don't like Zelda games, I'll get 3D Land eventually (currently too expensive on Amazon). I'd like more games like 999/Virtues (which I've been dying to play).

Sober

Of course Mario 3D Land has no more used copies on FS.

I swear I am just going to buy the first new copy I see next time I go to anywhere.

Xbox Live deals are quite good. I wish these are compatible with the Xbox One :(

The Cyber Monday deals via @lifelower:

BattleBlock Theater $4.94
Far Cry Blood Dragon $3.74
Dark Souls $4.99
L.A. Noire $7.49
Red Dead Redemption $7.49
The Witcher 2 $7.49
Rayman Origins $9.99
Fast & Furious: Showdown $9.9

Vamphuntr

Do we know what EB's Cyber Monday deals are going to be?

Hopefully better than their Black Friday Web only deals. Good lord, it was mostly thrash from unsold CE and Lego.

Can't even log in at FS right now so I have no idea why people are hammering the site.

Haines

Banned
I want Dark Souls but I already packed my 360 away in favor of the One. I would love PSN to have it on sale at that price :p

Sober

Let's be real, your not gonna spend those coins on anything.
I'm angry I used them to buy VC games and then something cool/good comes along that you can't really buy and no coins.

Also yeah I don't give a shit, but FS/BB website being shit obviously aren't fun.

Roto13

I'm angry I used them to buy VC games and then something cool/good comes along that you can't really buy and no coins.

Also yeah I don't give a shit, but FS/BB website being shit obviously aren't fun.

Honestly, with the money you'd hypothetically save on a used game, you could buy some cheap downloads to make up the difference in coins if you want.

isny

napkin dispenser
Still debating whether I get the ZombiU for $7.5 and the $50 for two wiimotes.

I'm going to finally bite on Zombi U whenever the website stops having a fit. If this is what's happening on "Cyber Monday," imagine what Boxing Day's going to be like...

Anth0ny

So happy I got ZombiU and MH3 last time they did the 50% off deal ^_^

I'm also happy the site is down and I'm being prevented from spending ALL the money I have in my bank account :)

Sober

Actual question though, since SMT4 is on sale-ish for 30 bucks, are all/most of the NA copies basically the limited edition copy or if I order it online, I might just get a regular ol' 3DS case? I only ask because I'm pretty sure they still have it in store and I can just go and buy it there if that's the only option for that retail version.

Actual question though, since SMT4 is on sale-ish for 30 bucks, are all/most of the NA copies basically the limited edition copy or if I order it online, I might just get a regular ol' 3DS case? I only ask because I'm pretty sure they still have it in store and I can just go and buy it there if that's the only option for that retail version.

I don't think any standalone copies exist brand-new!

Maximus.

damnit didnt know the cyber monday sales started already and missed out on the chance to get any used games I wanted. Oh well.

zeitgeist

Ugh the Best Buy site is a tease! I just went to the page of a game and for 5 seconds it said 2 in stock and then as I was about to add it to my cart it updates to Sold out.

Top Bottom