• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

15$ credit apparently got removed. Some people got negative credits.
Raging on Facebook.

So I hope Shop.ca dont shut down before they ship our PS4's lol

Honestly shop.ca is a mess since day one and I've said it before that they lack basic customer service standards!
Now they're shooting themselves in the feet, I just checked their Facebook page and it says it all!
You give away gift cards you stick to what you've done not freaking redirect shipments! I bet their Paypal account will be banned very soon after all the disputes and complaints they will get!
My last order withy them get even cancelled after being in shipping soon for a while because items are not in stock just like 50%+ of the products in their website!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
To be fair, they should have known people would have abused the coupons in the first place. People on RFD have talked about buying lots of things under 25 dollars by making new accounts.

Then again, they probably don't have enough people to do something more elegant, so just take 15 bucks away from everyone I guess?

Hey, as long as we get our PS4s next week, I'm not going to complain.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How long does it usually take Amazon.ca to restock Fire Emblem?

I remember that and other 3DS games having supply issues earlier this year, is that still a thing?

Canon

Banned
I once ordered from a site that shut down after I bought something from them and it was too late to dispute the charges so they basically stole my money.

If that ever happens again there better be a lawsuit.

Shop.ca seems pretty questionable, because pretty much everything goes through their suppliers. Want to cancel your order before it ships? Apparently they have to contact the supplier and let them know first. And their supplier quality isn't great, either. I ordered an electric toothbrush that came with an electric flosser. However, the batteries in the flosser had expired in 2003 -- they had been sitting in a warehouse for well over a decade and were now being sold. It was a widespread problem, too, as Shop.ca sent out an email about it to purchasers.

I want to like it, but between their customer service problems and suppliers, it's sort of a risk to order with them.

i-Jest

To be fair, they should have known people would have abused the coupons in the first place. People on RFD have talked about buying lots of things under 25 dollars by making new accounts.

Then again, they probably don't have enough people to do something more elegant, so just take 15 bucks away from everyone I guess?

Hey, as long as we get our PS4s next week, I'm not going to complain.

I'm not even going to get mad at loosing $15 in credit. It's didn't seem like a full proof system. I just want my damn console. If the site goes up in flames then so be it; as long as I get my console before hand I don't care.

omg yall making me trip over this. I just want the console too.
Damn makes me think I shoulda avoided shop.ca those 2 days when it was on sale, and I would still have my only PS4 from Futureshop here instead of it being returned :(

How long does it usually take Amazon.ca to restock Fire Emblem?

I remember that and other 3DS games having supply issues earlier this year, is that still a thing?

It's only an anecdotally formed opinion, but I definitely feel like Nintendo is undershiping their games to encourage eshop sales. I see no valid reason why something like Pokemon X and Y should have been so scarce in my area for like 2 weeks after release, for example.

Anyway, amazon.ca can be pretty damn bad about restocking games. It's hard to say when they'll get more, they aren't very consistent.

Maximus.

I called about it on Monday, apparently their warehouse was out of stock, so those orders get passed back to the manufacturer. Thats the line I got from the CS rep, anyways. Its coming via Canada Post so I'm hoping it'll make it to me before the weekend, but the current EDA is December 9th.

Oh I see that kind of sucks! Mine won't be here until next week. Original date of arrival was supposed to be tomorrow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
omg yall making me trip over this. I just want the console too.
Damn makes me think I shoulda avoided shop.ca those 2 days when it was on sale, and I would still have my only PS4 from Futureshop here instead of it being returned :(
I'm not going to panic too much. I mean, the other side of the equation that hasn't really been taken into account is whether or not ebates will be around to send out the checks in February. I think that's probably more worrying that whether or not we'll get our PS4s. lol

i-Jest

I'm not going to panic too much. I mean, the other side of the equation that hasn't really been taken into account is whether or not ebates will be around to send out the checks in February. I think that's probably more worrying that whether or not we'll get our PS4s. lol

You make a valid point sir or ma'am.

Also, did anyone know that this 3DS XL bundle existed? I still keep the hope alive that the Eevee 3DS XL will come to North America someday. http://canadianonlinegamers.com/2013/12/silver-mario-and-luigi-dream-team-3ds-xl-bundle-available-today/

You make a valid point sir or ma'am.

Also, did anyone know that this 3DS XL bundle existed? I still keep the hope alive that the Eevee 3DS XL will come to North America someday. http://canadianonlinegamers.com/2013/12/silver-mario-and-luigi-dream-team-3ds-xl-bundle-available-today/

I was at BB yesterday to exchange my iPad and saw the gaming department rep carrying a pile of these and taking them to the cabinet, that's when I first knew about this bundle!

Regarding shop.ca it's Dec. 9th for me, if I don't get a tracking number by then I'll file a dispute with PayPal and screw them and their consoles!

Lexxism

Yup. I checked my paypal and credit card account and I haven't see any -15 from shop.ca(only the order I bought from) even a pending transaction.

edit: Can anyone post a screenshot of the -15 from your bank account? I'm curious

Yup. I checked my paypal and credit card account and I haven't see any -15 from shop.ca(only the order I bought from) even a pending transaction.

edit: Can anyone post a screenshot of the -15 from your bank account? I'm curious
It's a -15 in your shop.ca rewards balance :)

LGom09

It's not taken from your bank account. It's -$15 credit on the site.

Edit: beaten. I've only bought once before from shop.ca. It went smoothly and no minimum free shipping is nice, but this guarantees I'll never shop there again. Just hope I get the Nexus 7 I ordered.

Magnus

This thread always serves as a strong and persistent reminder that online shopping comes with a million caveats and risks. Sucks. :(

Dunlop

This thread always serves as a strong and persistent reminder that online shopping comes with a million caveats and risks. Sucks. :(

I got the item I ordered, that I had used the credit on..I did not know it was a SC GC and does not say that it is on my order rewards.

The fact that it is 9am est and there is still not response is troubling, they are sitting on a lot of money with those PS4 orders (there was over 2k units I believe)

Personally I have received everything I have ordered but this is no way to run a business, the facebook PR is horrible to have during the last weeks to order before the holidays

Hi folks,

I haven't bought a console in Canada before, but am well aware that we get shafted on prices compared to our neighbours to the south. I want to pick up a 3DS XL before a trip just before Xmas - should I wait and hope for a deal before then or just pick one up from Futureshop this weekend? I'm (now) aware that there was a $50-off deal on Black Friday but I was busy and not paying attention to deals at the time :(

Can't believe the Zelda XL bundle is $20 more than the Pokemon one...argh. (although perhaps the Pokemon bundle is just a regular 3DS?)

frequency

Hi folks,

I haven't bought a console in Canada before, but am well aware that we get shafted on prices compared to our neighbours to the south. I want to pick up a 3DS XL before a trip just before Xmas - should I wait and hope for a deal before then or just pick one up from Futureshop this weekend? I'm (now) aware that there was a $50-off deal on Black Friday but I was busy and not paying attention to deals at the time :(

Can't believe the Zelda XL bundle is $20 more than the Pokemon one...argh. (although perhaps the Pokemon bundle is just a regular 3DS?)

Zelda XL Bundle has the game (digital). Pokemon XL Bundle has no game included. It is just for the special design only.

Hi folks,

Buy it at Shoppers with this coupon on Friday?: http://images.email.shoppersoptimum.ca/templates/2013/12_Dec/Dec04/images/se.pdf

isny

napkin dispenser
I haven't bought a console in Canada before, but am well aware that we get shafted on prices compared to our neighbours to the south.

Getting so tired of people saying this. Firestorm nipped it in the bud the other day with his post. We've really had it better price wise on games and consoles for a few years now, especially if you take into consideration things like SDM and their insane offers.

Anyway, to answer your question, if you can't find a 3DS XL for $150 now, you should either wait for a holiday/boxing day sale, or pick one up at SSM during a points event. Don't pay retail for one whn they can easily and often be had for cheaper.

Anyway, to answer your question, if you can't find a 3DS XL for $150 now, you should either wait for a holiday/boxing day sale, or pick one up at SSM during a points event. Don't pay retail for one whn they can easily and often be had for cheaper.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I leave the country on the 22nd so would want one before the boxing day sales. I guess I'll wait until 2014 - I really don't want to pay $200 without a game, and although I'm 100% digital on other platforms I don't want to support Nintendo's awful infrastructure (except for AA5...).

Thanks. Unfortunately, I leave the country on the 22nd so would want one before the boxing day sales. I guess I'll wait until 2014 - I really don't want to pay $200 without a game, and although I'm 100% digital on other platforms I don't want to support Nintendo's awful infrastructure (except for AA5...).

You don't have a Shoppers near you?

I'm in Montreal and the only ones I know of near me are just pharmacies. There might be a bigger one downtown though I won't be able to get down there tomorrow :(

I do appreciate the answers, sorry if I seem a little difficult! I should really have started looking for good deals sooner :D

Joeku

For that Uplay season pass thing, are the Xbox and Playstation passes cross-gen? I have ACIV on 360 and having beaten it I probably won't get it on next-gen. Do you think the Xbone version is the same as the 360? Some publishers did that, I believe...

...just not sure which. Not enough consistency.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For that Uplay season pass thing, are the Xbox and Playstation passes cross-gen? I have ACIV on 360 and having beaten it I probably won't get it on next-gen. Do you think the Xbone version is the same as the 360? Some publishers did that, I believe...

...just not sure which. Not enough consistency.

The season pass is only for next gen versions anyway. The next gen versions just better and have a higher resolution, but if you already got rid of the game and didn't want to upgrade it, there's probably no reason to play it again on the new systems. I'd almost expect the multiplayer to be more alive on 360/PS3 than on the new systems.

Returners

The season pass is only for next gen versions anyway. The next gen versions just better and have a higher resolution, but if you already got rid of the game and didn't want to upgrade it, there's probably no reason to play it again on the new systems. I'd almost expect the multiplayer to be more alive on 360/PS3 than on the new systems.

Isn't the PS3 season pass crossbuy?

kaiyo

Either way, it either ships on December 9th, or I file a complaint with PayPal.

If it's anything like the launch (Ships on Nov. 15th) PS4 then you would get tracking the day off (Dec 9th) and it will arrive the same day. Though since it's Christmas rush it might arrive later.

Tsundere

Banned
If it's anything like the launch (Ships on Nov. 15th) PS4 then you would get tracking the day off (Dec 9th) and it will arrive the same day. Though since it's Christmas rush it might arrive later.

I'm not worried really, the product advertised "ships by december 9th" so it's false advertising if they don't.

Top Bottom