• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How does this Uplay thing work? I just redeemed my points for a seasons pass but haven't gotten an email yet.
It's been a week since the last one and I still haven't received it, so I have no idea what the time frame is for it.
I get the impression that someone there is doing all of this manually.

It's funny, if you check the rules, you see that there is an email you can use to get 200 uplay points for free to enter the contest. Of course, I tried that, and the dude is on vacation... so who knows. lol

It's been a week since the last one and I still haven't received it, so I have no idea what the time frame is for it.
I get the impression that someone there is doing all of this manually.

It's funny, if you check the rules, you see that there is an email you can use to get 200 uplay points for free to enter the contest. Of course, I tried that, and the dude is on vacation... so who knows. lol

It says it had to be sent before the contest starts. He might have went on holiday when the contest started!

Lexxism

Hmm. I'm quite tempted for the "TRU: Buy 1, get 1 at 40% OFF all video games". SM3D World is the only game I'm interested at the moment.

My shop.ca PS4 order shows "Items in Transit" on the Order History page, but when I click Details, it says "Shipping Soon" (which it's said for at least a week). Anyone gotten any shipment confirmation for PS4?

Zeeman

A bunch of 3DS games are on sale at Future Shop and Best Buy (list shamelessly copied from RFD):

Animal Crossing - $24.99
Mario and Luigi Dream Team - $29.99
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - $24.99
Donkey Country Returns 3D - $24.99
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - $14.99
Project X Zone - $19.99
Scribblenauts Unmasked - $29.99
Disney INFINITY Starter Pack - $49.99

A bunch of 3DS games are on sale at Future Shop and Best Buy (list shamelessly copied from RFD):

Animal Crossing - $24.99
Project X Zone - $19.99

Donkey Kong and Luigis Mansion will be mine, too bad Super Mario Land 3D is not in the list, booo

Animal Crossing - $24.99
Project X Zone - $19.99

Either they never bothered to change the prices from Black Friday or this is part of a Cyber Week promotion (because Cyber Monday wasn't enough for the middling deals we got this year!).

Anth0ny

Animal Crossing - $24.99
Project X Zone - $19.99

drop the price on Mario Kart damn it >_<

I got an email yesterday or the day before from shop.ca that my ps4 is confirmed to be shipping on the 9th. Anyone else get it? It was written in a pretty personal style as opposed to an automatic email

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone in Toronto (downtown only, I'm not shipping or driving) wants a brand new PS4, they can have mine for MSRP+taxes. It's still sealed in the box. Got it through work and still haven't opened it.

This might be the dealbreaker for some, but since I got it directly from Sony (perk at work), I do not have a receipt for it. The cost of the unit was deducted from my pay. I understand if that's a dealbreaker for some, but I wanted to be clear about that from the beginning. It's not stolen, it's legit, I'm a trustworthy person who won't stab you at the Eaton Centre, etc. etc.

If you're interested, PM me.
Oh I done pm'ed you

DJ_Lae

Just wanted to say, UPS customs fees are fucking terrible.

I had them dump a package in front of my door at my apartment building once - no other notices, no calls, nothing.

A few months later I got a notice from a collections agency for an amount of duty (I think it was $30) on that package that they had not bothered to get or even ask for from me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I had them dump a package in front of my door at my apartment building once - no other notices, no calls, nothing.

A few months later I got a notice from a collections agency for an amount of duty (I think it was $30) on that package that they had not bothered to get or even ask for from me.
Wtf!

I had the guy show up at my door and ask for the money at least...

balohna

They're pretty much the absolute worst in general. Not sure about the rest of the country, but in the entirety of Greater Vancouver they have ONE pick-up location, which is right by the airport. Which is out of the way for almost everybody.

And to top it off, their hours are 9-5 Monday-Friday.

I would choose Puralator, DHL, FedEx, or whoever else over UPS every time.

iphys

Never had to pay brokerage for UPS, but I remember using DHL one time 15 years ago. I went to pick up the package from the facility and specifically asked about owing duty, and they said I didn't owe anything, but then a couple weeks later I got a notice in the mail telling me I owed like $18 -- was not impressed that they lied to my face and then stealth billed me like that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Vita card? How much they charged you for customs?
The stick from Namco actually. 60 dollar stick, 43 dollar fees. FML.

I've been told all PS4s are confirmed to ship on the 9th :)

PS: we're doing fine
You really must feel like Major Nelson at this point. lol
I hope the stress isn't killing you!

Edit: does that mean they'll go out on the 9th and that we'll receive them on the 10th?

They're pretty much the absolute worst in general. Not sure about the rest of the country, but in the entirety of Greater Vancouver they have ONE pick-up location, which is right by the airport. Which is out of the way for almost everybody.

The only good thing now is that they are finally using UPS stores. Even if you have to pay 5 dollars for the privilege of them holding a package for you.

You'd think the driver would want the money. :p

I think I paid $10 on an item worth 3,000 yen (guess it was 34ish at the time). Fuck UPS.
Sorry man. At least most of the companies that export in Japan use EMS now.
People hate Canada Post but hey, 10 dollar flat fee on any package regardless of value. Thank you!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was lucky my Ni no Kuni Wizards Edition was not hit by UPS, oddly enough. It would have been a huge hit.
Yeah, another poster here who bought a stick seems to have been lucky. Assuming they're not just going to hit him when the package actually hits the border. Maybe people in BC don't have to pay import fees. :p

Hah! Just got the same thing in today. At least I was able to give the UPS guy my credit card when my concierge called (though that in itself is a little sketchy). Now to continue sucking get better at fighting games!

Dazzler

Just paid the final chunk of my Permanent Residency fees for Canada, CanadaGAF bros.

Feels good man

Hopefully get the final thumbs up early in the new year

FrsDvl

Just paid the final chunk of my Permanent Residency fees for Canada, CanadaGAF bros.

Feels good man

Hopefully get the final thumbs up early in the new year

Good job! I'm still working on mine.. Should probably get my shit together a get it all done and send in.

GG-Duo

They've changed it so that you can pick up packages at your closest UPS Stores now.

Top Bottom