• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

NolbertoS

Bought Mario and Sonic Olympics Bundle and Pikmin 3 for 39.99. Nintendo Wii U, must be really struggling, as I saw at least 3-4 copies left still of each game on the Walmart Rack. I think I now own most Wii U games that are out and now, waiting to see what comes out next year.

Since I missed buying many titles befor the cineplex sale ends, I'm willing to buy digital codes for movies you guys bought especially Disney and Pixar movies, PM me if you want to sell any :)

Crossposting from the Telecom thread. I really need an answer on this one.

Quick question. Are the DSRF and ADSRF combined on the upgrade eligibility page for Rogers?

In other words, do I incur the exact same penalty price for leaving to upgrade with another carrier as I would if I had stayed with Rogers and upgraded early with them?

i.e. If my FlexTab balance is $350 I will pay $350 for switching to Bell just as I would if I decided to upgrade early with Rogers.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I ordered mine right at the start of the 26th, shortly after Wal-Mart's deal went live, and promptly sold out.

Okay. I bought mine at the end of the day, and I still haven't received any e-mail. Guess I won't get it. :(

I think I'll still buy a year of PS+ at full-price... I was never that interested in the service, but now that I'll have all 3 supported consoles and there's quite a lot of games I want to play this month and in january (Dyad, Brothers, DmC...), I guess I'll take the plunge.

Cactus

Banned
Since I missed buying many titles befor the cineplex sale ends, I'm willing to buy digital codes for movies you guys bought especially Disney and Pixar movies, PM me if you want to sell any :)

I have a digital code for the new Evil Dead which I'd sell for a couple dollars if you want it.

Maximus.

I got all my other orders. Just waiting for all my cineplex stuff to come in. Assuming 1 order shipped because I got the points on Friday.

Anth0ny

If you can find a 8GB Wii U Basic (launch unti not bundled with anything) they can be found at Target for $89.99.

http://f.redflagdeals.com/showthread.php?t=1430154

geniexhe9b.gif

PS+ is $29.99 at all Wal Marts today due to the fuck up on Boxing Day where they were ringing up at $49.99.

Just picked up 2, no tax charged either.

QaaQer

so I log into my PC Financial mastercard account and there are charges from a hotel in England and some cosmetic company, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

So of course I phone, cancel, and report etc...

I just thought I'd mention it here because it's a good idea to check your transactions.

jstripes

Banned
PS+ is $29.99 at all Wal Marts today due to the fuck up on Boxing Day where they were ringing up at $49.99.

Just picked up 2, no tax charged either.

Good to know. I'm going to try to pick one up today.

My holidays got completely messed up by the ice storm, so I was out of the loop with everything.

jstripes

Banned
Dammit, the entire supply of PS+ cards was cleared out at Walmart, with other cards thrown all over the place. :/

I guess the Red Flag crowd got there before I could. Cat piss-scented motherfuckers.

(Didn't get anything I wanted, or anything useful, for Christmas, so I was hoping I could at least cap-off my holiday with that...)

Socreges

Banned
Wishing now I'd gotten PS+. $30 for Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite is already a solid value.

Would Wal-Mart still have that price tomorrow if they were in stock?

Has anyone in Calgary or Vancouver happened to see a Rocksmith guitar bundle (ps3 or 360) in their travels? I don't even care if it's on sale, I just want to find the damn thing.

Griss

Hi guys, just visiting my sister in Vancouver for a day after a skiing trip and the prices here are so much better than Ireland that I thought I'd pick up a Wii U. (My Wii library being entirely NTSC also helps the decision.)

I've read the last 10 pages or so and the consensus seems to be that the $250 Wii U bundle with NSMBU and Luigi U in Walmart is the best value. Is that right? Walmart is frustratingly out of the way here in Kitsilano.

Any chance I find a Wii U Basic at all? I just love that white colour. Where would be my best bet?

Thanks. Canada has been amazing so far. Great attitude, great prices, gorgeous scenery.

I work there and can confirm that mine is not honouring that price anymore. We did, however, take rain checks for the people who tried to buy them on the 26th and held them aside, so maybe some stores are handling it differently. It does ring in at the normal $49.99 price though, so it really is up to the individual store's discretion whether they want to override it or not.

Hi guys, just visiting my sister in Vancouver for a day after a skiing trip and the prices here are so much better than Ireland that I thought I'd pick up a Wii U. (My Wii library being entirely NTSC also helps the decision.)

I've read the last 10 pages or so and the consensus seems to be that the $250 Wii U bundle with NSMBU and Luigi U in Walmart is the best value. Is that right? Walmart is frustratingly out of the way here in Kitsilano.

Any chance I find a Wii U Basic at all? I just love that white colour. Where would be my best bet?

Thanks. Canada has been amazing so far. Great attitude, great prices, gorgeous scenery.

Go to the best buy in cambie, they might still have the Skylanders Wii u bundle for $219. It comes with the white Wii u, and is a great deal

Anth0ny

Woooooooooooooooooooot just price matched $15 Mario Kart 7 at Toys R Us!

I showed them the target boxing day ad on my phone, she called them up to confirm, and I was golden. Plus they beat the price by 10%. I'm in Vaughan (north of Toronto).

Griss

The Skylander bundle, which is still 219 at BB/FS

Go to the best buy in cambie, they might still have the Skylanders Wii u bundle for $219. It comes with the white Wii u, and is a great deal

Thanks for the replies. I think the difference in value between the Skylander bundle for 220 when I have no interest in Skylanders and the NSMBU bundle when I'll play both games is probably too big just to decide based on colour.

Thanks for pointing out that best buy, too. That's damn close to me.

Firestorm

Thanks for the replies. I think the difference in value between the Skylander bundle for 220 when I have no interest in Skylanders and the NSMBU bundle when I'll play both games is probably too big just to decide based on colour.

Thanks for pointing out that best buy, too. That's damn close to me.
Yeah they should be $250 at Best Buy / Future Shop. You can also take the Wal-Mart price and price match now that the Boxing Day rush is over.

Griss

Yeah they should be $250 at Best Buy / Future Shop. You can also take the Wal-Mart price and price match now that the Boxing Day rush is over.

How does one go about price matching? Do you need to bring a flyer or something? I'm new to this.

They had a tower of them friday afternoon

Awesome. I hadn't realised that the Skylanders bundle comes with Nintendoland as well. (Hopefully a full game case, but if not that's alright.) That equalizes the value between the bundles for me, so that's the way I'll go then. Perfect. Thanks to those who brought this deal to my attention. Now I just have to decide whether to trade all the Skylanders stuff in immediately. Doesn't seem like my kinda thing.

Don't know how common this is, since I didn't see it in their flyer or on their website, but my local Staples is selling Forza Horizon new for $4.96. I was planning to wait for the ultimate edition or whatever but at that price I couldn't say no.

Sora_N

How does one go about price matching? Do you need to bring a flyer or something? I'm new to this.

Awesome. I hadn't realised that the Skylanders bundle comes with Nintendoland as well. (Hopefully a full game case, but if not that's alright.) That equalizes the value between the bundles for me, so that's the way I'll go then. Perfect. Thanks to those who brought this deal to my attention. Now I just have to decide whether to trade all the Skylanders stuff in immediately. Doesn't seem like my kinda thing.

I don't think Skylanders games have any trade-in value, just sell on Craigslist or eBay, but I may be wrong.

Canon

Banned
For the Wii U/3DS owners (maybe other things too?): Tritton Kunia Stereo Gaming Headset for Nintendo Wii U (Also in black) - $9.99

I think this one flew under most people's radar, but this is a damn steal. The cable is a bit short (as they expectation is that it's to a 3DS/Wii U gamepad, but the audio quality is pretty decent, and mic works pretty well.
Bought one of those and dropped it in the muddy snow soon after...

It's alright, worth the price. OK for short periods of time.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Would it also work with other consoles (PS3, PS4...) and PC? If so, that's a great deal!

Lexxism

Woooooooooooooooooooot just price matched $15 Mario Kart 7 at Toys R Us!

I showed them the target boxing day ad on my phone, she called them up to confirm, and I was golden. Plus they beat the price by 10%. I'm in Vaughan (north of Toronto).

Wait... What??? You were lucky. The 10% deal was over last Dec 24th.

Lexxism

will walmart price match amazon wonderful 101 $29.99 price? who else does price matching / beating? best buy right?

No. That's amazon US. It needs to be a Canadian store for them to price match. Here's the list of store that do price match on Boxing week: Toy R Us, Future Shop(YMMV? I'm not sure), Superstore, Walmart, BestBuy?(probably).

Top Bottom