• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Deadly

Any pre-order deals for Dark Souls 2 ?
I know these mostly come during E3 and stuff, but hoping there's one around before launch.
What's the status on E3 Dark Souls 2 pre-order anyways? At one point they sent an email that it had to be cancelled but it's still in the reminder thing they send every couple weeks.

Endy MacK

So, I'm thinking of jumping on the Wind Waker and Pikmin 3 deals for $30, and $39 respectively. I'm worried that being Nintendo games, they won't go on sale again, and I should pick them up now. Anyone know how often they go on sale, or if these have ever been on sale? Thanks!

isny

napkin dispenser
So, I'm thinking of jumping on the Wind Waker and Pikmin 3 deals for $30, and $39 respectively. I'm worried that being Nintendo games, they won't go on sale again, and I should pick them up now. Anyone know how often they go on sale, or if these have ever been on sale? Thanks!

If you're okay waiting and getting them used, they'll pop up for $50 or $55 used and 50% off during one of BB or FS's sales.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Pikmin 3 is one of the best games of 2013. You won't get either cheaper. I'd recommend buying both.

i-Jest

Did anyone know about this? I was completely oblivious.http://canadianonlinegamers.com/2013/12/trade-in-any-xbox-one-or-ps4-game-and-get-a-40-gift-card/

This is a decent offer for those who are looking to trade in their next gen games at top trade-in value. Just take you next gen game to any Future Shop or Best Buy in Canada. Offer expires January 2nd.

This deal is valid on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One games. Games must include boxes. No duplicate titles accepted, regardless of console.

Some titles may be excluded. See in-store for details.

One trade promo redemption per customer, per title. Cannot be combined with any other trade-in games promotions.

Might be time to part with KillZone....

Endy MacK

If you're okay waiting and getting them used, they'll pop up for $50 or $55 used and 50% off during one of BB or FS's sales.

Pikmin 3 is one of the best games of 2013. You won't get either cheaper. I'd recommend buying both.

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered Pikmin 3 from Amazon, and I'll probably see if there are any copies of WW left in-store when I go out later today.

Lexxism

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered Pikmin 3 from Amazon, and I'll probably see if there are any copies of WW left in-store when I go out later today.

OR try going to either Superstore, Walmart or Toy R Us to price match WW from BB/FS flyers. I heard people were able to price match at those stores. I'll try my luck later with TRU and see if I can snag a Pikmin 3.

Endy MacK

OR try going to either Superstore, Walmart or Toy R Us to price match WW from BB/FS flyers. I heard people were able to price match at those stores. I'll try my luck later with TRU and see if I can snag a Pikmin 3.

Yeah, I will probably try price matching at Walmart or Target since they have WW at full price, therefore less likely to be sold out.

Memles

It snowed overnight in the Halifax area, which would appear to have dampened the level of early morning shoppers for our day-late boxing day—got to Target at 8 (when it opened), picked up Dream Team and NSMB2, and then drove up the highway to Future Shop and Wal-Mart and could have easily purchased the other sale titles I had been interested in—Wii Party U, Pikmin 3—but held off on given the existing state of my backlog. Wal-Mart even had a Wii U copy of Rayman Legends a guy bought while I was there (I got it for $25 on Black Friday, although it's sitting unopened in my apartment).

Things were more picked over when I checked a Best Buy in a busier area, but it was definitely not a huge challenge to get what you wanted gaming-wise even a few hours after some stores had opened.

Lexxism

Ok, cool. I was able to price match amazon's $39 pikmin 3 at toy r us. I think I can do the same for games like SM3DW and 3DS games at target.

Edit: oh, so even futureshop is doing pm for this boxing week.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Edition is $30 on amazon.ca. Highly tempted to pick it up even though I already own all three movies on blu-ray.

http://www.amazon.ca/The-Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Collectors/dp/B00DZP76TA/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Shit, I bought the Chris Nolan collection on Black Friday just for the Batman movies :/

I originally wanted this set.

Oh well, it doesn't look like the Blu Rays themselves are any different, and I got 3 more movies with it(and it was still cheaper).

lupinko

Ok, cool. I was able to price match amazon's $39 pikmin 3 at toy r us. I think I can do the same for games like SM3DW and 3DS games at target.

Edit: oh, so even futureshop is doing pm for this boxing week.

What? zomg, I can still get Luigi Mansion, or maybe not, I dunno. I'll give this a shot, thanks!

Same here. My Order hasn't been processed yet for my PS3. Stalled purchasing games because I don't know if I am going to get the PS3 that I ordered.
hopefully it's one of those situations where the sites aren't updating and emails aren't being sent but they still shipped stuff?

was expecting my stuff yesterday but now it seems not even today on my one day off! And then it's the weekend so that's a no go.

frequency

I put in another order at Cineplex. But it didn't save my SCENE number this time so I didn't get points for it. Can I add it in later myself or do I have to call? It's kind of not worth the trouble calling to get 225 points, which I think is about $3 value if 1000 points is a free ticket.

Lexxism

What? zomg, I can still get Luigi Mansion, or maybe not, I dunno. I'll give this a shot, thanks!

Try it! I was able to pm the $35 SM3DW of target at FS. They were denying me at first but argued that they have a sign regarding pm and one of their employee said they do a pm for boxing week. As for tru, just show them the target flyer and they will pm those $15 3ds games

Nothing I bought from futureshop or wherever on boxing day or the night before has shipped yet. Or at least no email or status update.

All my stuff shipped yesterday (a few Wii U games) and are scheduled to arrive on Monday but most likely later given New Years and how Canada Post workers have pretty much all checked out given the recent news.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Nothing I bought from futureshop or wherever on boxing day or the night before has shipped yet. Or at least no email or status update.

My SMT IV has already arrived, but my WW HD and headphones haven't yet. All orders were on Best Buy.

Well done FS/BB. All my shit ordered on 24th showed up today. Keyboards, PS Plus cards... Waiting on my headphone orders, which were put in past midnight.

hopefully it's one of those situations where the sites aren't updating and emails aren't being sent but they still shipped stuff?

was expecting my stuff yesterday but now it seems not even today on my one day off! And then it's the weekend so that's a no go.

I just got my shipping notice email a minute ago.

Jinto

I'm still having trouble redeeming my PS Plus cards. I've been trying at various times all day yesterday and this morning. Is the price supposed to say $49.99 when you enter the code, right before you confirm? Should it say 0 dollars?

isny

napkin dispenser
I still can't seem to find SMB3 on the E-Shop...it was already bad enough I couldn't log in to the shop for days, but now the game isn't even available? =(

Dunlop

Heads up: Futureshop & Best Buy don't take trades, exchanges etc. today.

thx!

Was actually going to detour there to trade in AC4/KZ ti get a $80 giftcard on the way to my family in Ontario lol

That deal expires this week I believe so hopefully they will take them tomorrow

veras

The returns/exchanges thing depends where you live:

"To ensure quality service, returns and exchanges will not be processed in-store on December 26th (26th & 27th for Quebec, Sudbury, Sault St. Marie, Brandford, and Atlantic stores), or online from December 24th to 27th."

Jinto

I hope they don't have that exchange policy everywhere. I was planning on exchanging something at Ikea today, since it's on the other side of town, and I'm headed that way later. I bought something with parts that didn't fit properly.

Still no shipping e-mail from The Source about my PS+ cards, but my account has been charged. I hope they are on their way.

Anyone else go their notice yet?

Roto13

The Canada Post guy was just getting off the elevator to come to my door as my husband was heading out the door to go to the bank, so here's my Future Shop stuff. :p Not bad at all.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Still no shipping e-mail from The Source about my PS+ cards, but my account has been charged. I hope they are on their way.

Anyone else go their notice yet?

I really, really hope I'll get it and they didn't just sell more cards than they had in stock. I tried asking on their website's chat, but the representative said I had to call customer support to know if I'll get it, and I really don't feel like calling...!

Bear

The standard edition of Assassin's Creed 4 is $35 on amazon.com for all platforms, digital included.

I just bought a Steam code using my brother's old address, but I'm pretty sure any US address will allow you to buy it.

The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Edition is $30 on amazon.ca. Highly tempted to pick it up even though I already own all three movies on blu-ray.

http://www.amazon.ca/The-Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Collectors/dp/B00DZP76TA/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Damn - I certainly didn't need this but I couldn't resist it at this price. Between the two console launches and my inability to resist deals in gaming and films, this is going to an expensive end quarter to the year.

Thanks for he heads up, I guess. :p

Top Bottom