• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Lexxism

Is the PSN and PS+ cards on SDM are considered electronic gift card or prepaid home cards? SDM will have the $20 off on orders $75 and up tomorrow. I wonder if PSN cards is excluded from this promo.

flkraven

My GF gave me a PSP, so where is a cheap place to score some used games for it? I've check out the usual suspects (EB, FS) but neither seem to have a good amount of stock.

Also, any game recommendations? :)

I'm hearing nightmare stories of people and their Cineplex orders. Delays, cancellations, being charged despite cancellations, etc.

So far, I've just experienced delays. Only one thing has shipped so far. Got the notice today.

I have 3 orders. One I already received but it was missing the free ticket. The other 2 have shipped with the tickets but one of the blu rays (Akira) is backordered.

Joeku

Got a Skylanders WiiU from Best Buy.

I'd rather not have bought Skylanders again, and I planned on putting an external hard drive in it anyway, but I can't argue with a $200 WiiU.

Also got ZombiU for $10 and Mario 3D World at Target when it was $35.

Seems like a good start.

EDIT: Considering these are starter kit Skylanders, is there anything at all I can do with them? Everyone who has Swap Force has these guys.

lupinko

I'm thinking about ordering Castlevania OOE for DS on Amazon.ca from VGP, does anyone know who VGP uses for its cheapo 2-10 business days? They have it the cheapest brand new, and I'd like to play it on the plane trip to Tokyo later this month.

This would be going to Greater Vancouver basically from Ontario.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm thinking about ordering Castlevania OOE for DS on Amazon.ca from VGP, does anyone know who VGP uses for its cheapo 2-10 business days? They have it the cheapest brand new, and I'd like to play it on the plane trip to Tokyo later this month.

I can't answer your question but I hope you bring back more juicy leaks from Japan. Enjoy your trip!

Fucking Best Buy. I walk in on Boxing Day afternoon and I catch a yearly PS+ card (someone tossed it behind a game in the used game section). Get to the checkout and it rings up at $49, I say it should still be $29 since the deal was still on, the guy says, "Oh, it's not this card, it's a different card." So today I get the PS+ card I ordered from them online on the 25th and it's a fucking regular $49 PS+ card. There's nothing different about it at all. Asshole.

BadWolf

Fucking Best Buy. I walk in on Boxing Day afternoon and I catch a yearly PS+ card (someone tossed it behind a game in the used game section). Get to the checkout and it rings up at $49, I say it should still be $29 since the deal was still on, the guy says, "Oh, it's not this card, it's a different card." So today I get the PS+ card I ordered from them online on the 25th and it's a fucking regular $49 PS+ card. There's nothing different about it at all. Asshole.

Man that sucks.

frequency

I'm living the "charged despite cancellations" Cineplex nightmare. With 6 orders that should have been cancelled and 7 that should not have.

Their customer service is nice and patient with me and my stupid heavy accent though. But they had some weird poorly planned thing where their billing department is closed until January 3 or something so no one can refund those charges.
Also they must have like 3 people in customer service because it's a 2 hour wait unless you call first thing when they open. Then it's only a 40 minute wait.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

So there's no other place to get Castlevania OOE for cheaper? It's one of the last DS games missing from my collection, but I'm not sure if I want to pay close to full-price for it... On the other hand, it will probably become even more expensive soon...!

lupinko

Wait, you're moving to Japan? Does this mean you're going to send me all the stuffs? =D

Yes. And maybe? I dunno, I would need Canadian eshop/PSN/iTunes cards and I guess in return JP ones? *shrugs*

So there's no other place to get Castlevania OOE for cheaper? It's one of the last DS games missing from my collection, but I'm not sure if I want to pay close to full-price for it... On the other hand, it will probably become even more expensive soon...!

They're selling it for $21, that's cheap for brand new out of print for me. I thought about buying it in Japan brand new, but it's like $80 hahahahha, no.

elty

I want to trade away my Killzone Shadow Fall. Went to FS and they claimed they are not accepting trade this week because "system is down".

Does EB Games give out $40?

lupinko

Oh right since it is videogamesplus, if I buy through Amazon.ca, I shouldn't have to worry about VGP's not very secure billing system right? Since Amazon would process the payment and not VGP?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
They're selling it for $21, that's cheap for brand new out of print for me. I thought about buying it in Japan brand new, but it's like $80 hahahahha, no.

+ $5 for shipping. :p

I know it's not THAT much, but I'd prefer paying under $20 for it if possible, ahah!

stix zadinia

Neo Member
Anyone else order a ps plus card from the source on boxing day getting an error message? I input mine but it keeps saying error. Nothing else just error

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else order a ps plus card from the source on boxing day getting an error message? I input mine but it keeps saying error. Nothing else just error

Mine worked just fine. Are you trying to claim in on the website or on a console?

Future Shop must have a stock room filled with these Skylander Wii U bundles. Every store on my local list has this in stock.

Boxing Day afternoon:

2grEJZ3.jpg

ohlawd

No one wants those bundles when the NSMBU/NSLU and WWHD exists.

I've overheard customers asking if they had any other bundles apart from Skylander. This was on the 27th when those were the only ones available. 26th was much better with every bundle in stock. lol even one guy was like "fuck I don't want that one. ahhh fuck it ring it up"

I want to trade away my Killzone Shadow Fall. Went to FS and they claimed they are not accepting trade this week because "system is down".

Does EB Games give out $40?
What city are you in? I was going to trade in Killzone at Futureshop myself today :/

SDM are going to give 2 Cineplex admit ones when you spend $75 or more this Saturday and Sunday!
Are Admit One's applicable to any movie ticket, or only general admissions?

isny

napkin dispenser
What city are you in? I was going to trade in Killzone at Futureshop myself today :/

Are Admit One's applicable to any movie ticket, or only general admissions?

Same ones as the Cineplex deal last week during BD. They're GA, pay for an upgrade to Imax, 3D, etc.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So true. If Nintendo could strike a deal with Disney, those would sell like hot cakes. How popular is Skylander?

They sell like hot cakes and constantly appear at the top of sales charts for NA/EU. From what I hear the swap force models are not as popular as the giants models from the previous year, hence the Wii U overstock.

DJ_Lae

Has Disney Infinity really sold that well? I was under the impression it wasn't performing particularly great.

It's failed the kid test in our households, too. My daughters had no interest in playing or watching it after the first week where the older one still plays Skylanders and the younger watches (and attempts to swap figures when her sister doesn't want).

Similar story with some of my nephews, they can't be bothered to create anything with the toybox and the included game parts are just boring.

beta_fuse

Has Disney Infinity really sold that well? I was under the impression it wasn't performing particularly great.

It's failed the kid test in our households, too. My daughters had no interest in playing or watching it after the first week where the older one still plays Skylanders and the younger watches (and attempts to swap figures when her sister doesn't want).

Similar story with some of my nephews, they can't be bothered to create anything with the toybox and the included game parts are just boring.

Same here. I always see kids buying Skylanders everytime I go shopping. Even the younger kids in my family are always talking about Skylanders and no real mention of DI.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I was under the impression Infinity had a particularly disastrous debut too, but who knows what it's like now. It might always be the second-to-best or copycat in kids' eyes.

isny

napkin dispenser
I was under the impression Infinity had a particularly disastrous debut too, but who knows what it's like now. It might always be the second-to-best or copycat in kids' eyes.

It's doing very well with adult collectors. And it seems to be doing much better in the U.S. than in Canada.

SirKhalid

I just received AC4 season pass and Just Dance 2014 game code from the Uplay promotion. It was weird, I redeemed the Just Dance 2014 game code and AC4 game code on the same night so I didn't not think it would come one week later.

My nieces and nephews LOVE Skylanders. In their houses they have dedicated shelves of the damn things. They also have Disney Infinity but have never purchased any extra characters for it because it's "boring." Their words, not mine.

Top Bottom