• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

isny

napkin dispenser
My nieces and nephews LOVE Skylanders. In their houses they have dedicated shelves of the damn things. They also have Disney Infinity but have never purchased any extra characters for it because it's "boring." Their words, not mine.

It really must be a U.S. thing then. I've been watching the sales charts for them both, and DI seems to have dominated Skylanders over the holidays in the U.S.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1#1

Skylander has almost been bumped off the top 100 list, while DI is number 47.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Can't believe FS STILL has Xbone's in stock online, and still ready for pick up at all the local stores. Either they got a ton of stock or that thing ain't selling.

They have stacks of them at my local FutureShop, first time I had seen them in person. CSR saw me looking and started up a conversation. Gist of it was MS has been sending them decent sized shipments since just before Christmas and Sony has been trickling them in which corresponds with what the consensus on Gaf has been. Also said the PS4 demand has still been absolutely insane, while X1 demand seems to have been satiated for now.

kasane

They have stacks of them at my local FutureShop, first time I had seen them in person. CSR saw me looking and started up a conversation. Gist of it was MS has been sending them decent sized shipments since just before Christmas and Sony has been trickling them in which corresponds with what the consensus on Gaf has been. Also said the PS4 demand has still been absolutely insane, while X1 demand seems to have been satiated for now.

Bestbuy had shitton during boxing day. Can`t find any ps4s

Also its been 4 days since i ordered something from FS and canada post still doesnt have it. They even labeled it as shipped on order status =/

LakeEarth

I bought two 1 year PS+ from Futureshop. For some reason, the order online can't agree if I paid $60 or $80. The order says $80, it says my CC was charged $60, the total says $80 but the Order Reciept PDF says $60. What's going on?

Calling my CC now.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Also its been 4 days since i ordered something from FS and canada post still doesnt have it. They even labeled it as shipped on order status =/

Same here for my amazon.ca order. Its been a week and I'm still waiting for my Vita charging stand + 999.

Lexxism

I bought two 1 year PS+ from Futureshop. For some reason, the order online can't agree if I paid $60 or $80. The order says $80, it says my CC was charged $60, the total says $80 but the Order Reciept PDF says $60. What's going on?

Calling my CC now.

I had the same situation with I ordered Super Mario 3D World from FS. Didn't bother to call them since they only charge my CC for $45.

CRA5H

Managed to get the Pulse Elite headset from Future Shop via PM (Costco $49.97) and then used my ps4 trade in for $40 to practically pay off the headset plus change. Thanks to whoever posted the pic a couple pages back!

bearbomb

Neo Member
Managed to get the Pulse Elite headset from Future Shop via PM (Costco $49.97) and then used my ps4 trade in for $40 to practically pay off the headset plus change. Thanks to whoever posted the pic a couple pages back!

How does that work, did you just show them a picture of the receipt? and they just phoned costco to check if they had stock?

It's really annoying the packaging future shop uses for games. It's just such a big box thingy for something so small. It's better for protection but it kinda bugs me. Especially since they always shove it into my buildings mailbox and it's hard to get out. Better than having to go pick it up but jeez use a smaller box or padded envelope or anything else.

Tagg9

It's really annoying the packaging future shop uses for games. It's just such a big box thingy for something so small. It's better for protection but it kinda bugs me. Especially since they always shove it into my buildings mailbox and it's hard to get out. Better than having to go pick it up but jeez use a smaller box or padded envelope or anything else.

Really? They always send me a padded envelope where the game case inevitably gets crushed inside my mailbox.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Well, he also did let it slip that as soon as PS4s come in, a few are allocated to employees for purchase. Seems a little unfair, but I guess they gotta get their consoles too.

iiicon

Really? They always send me a padded envelope where the game case inevitably gets crushed inside my mailbox.
Yeah, same. they used to ship my games in boxes, but all my shipments from FS in the last year have been inside padded envelopes.

Gxgear

You do not want the padded envelope. Since I've switched to Futureshop for their E3 deals the games have been coming in with the disks clean off the holders...

Noahd41

Neo Member
You do not want the padded envelope. Since I've switched to Futureshop for their E3 deals the games have been coming in with the disks clean off the holders...

Same. Almost every game I've recieved from Futureshop has come this way. Easily 2 of every 3 so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got my first item today. Came in a typical manilla/bubble wrap, media-sized envelope, with the admit one ticket stapled to the packing slip. No tracking.
Cheers.

Calling my CC now.
That's how they do discounts on certain items. They list the product total and the actual amount charged.

They use cardboard envelope for my games, even for stuff like the musical chest that came with Zelda they still put it in that envelope, so I wouldn't complain if they send me real boxes lol

ohlawd

I get the padded envelopes too. Zelda chest was the only one to not get the same treatment; weird shit cardboard packaging.

There are new PS4 and Xbox One games for $49 at Future Shop and Best Buy this week:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...?type=product&page=1&sortBy=price&sortDir=asc

FIFA 2014, Battlefield 4 and Need for Speed Rivals.

Rivals is the last game I want for my PS4 (I currently have Killzone, Knack, Battlefield 4, CoD Ghosts and Assassins Creed 4 - the last 3 I got for that crazy Future Shop trade in deal and then the EB $10 upgrade).

After Rivals it's Don't Starve next week, Tomb Taider near the end of the month (definitely waiting for the price of that to go down), Thief in February and Infamous in March!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Here's another random question about Cineplex orders. I got about 10 of them in today, but half of them didn't have the free movie ticket attached to it. Do those come separately or should I give them a call?

Kspraydad

Banned

Calling my CC now.
Mine is showing the same....and also the tracking is saying that it was delivered on the 27th. Um...no. Now I'm waiting the '5 business days' for it to magically continue to not appear and then have Futureshop 'trace it'.

Grrrr....

Here's another random question about Cineplex orders. I got about 10 of them in today, but half of them didn't have the free movie ticket attached to it. Do those come separately or should I give them a call?

They stated that the tickets should have been sent with the order. In my case however they sent two tickets in envelopes without shipping out anything else from the order. So as I mentioned before I have 3 blu-rays but 5 tickets and a bunch of orders they still didn't send.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They stated that the tickets should have been sent with the order. In my case however they sent two tickets in envelopes without shipping out anything else from the order. So as I mentioned before I have 3 blu-rays but 5 tickets and a bunch of orders they still didn't send.
Well, shit. lol

evanmisha

I'd say wait until you've received all the items marked as shipped in your order history.

Dazzler

FS Robson St had Xbox Ones on the shelves on New Years Day, they had those gross spider locks on them that wreck the box, though

evanmisha

A lot of the orders were only single DVD orders, since that was the only way to get the free ticket with each disc, so... :(

Yes, but they're certainly shifting the tickets around or even shipping some seperately, so until everything marked as shipped in each order has arrived, there's no reason to panic.

Their customer service is notoriously tiring, so I'd say cover your bases before making the call. My first item that arrived was one item of a larger order with some items backordered, but other items seemingly also shipped separately? I'm gonna just wait for the dust to settle.

Dazzler

Anyone have any idea what happens with PS4/XB1 trade-ins at FS/BB now that the $40 deal is finished. I have Killzone to trade in and I'm curious how much they're going to offer now

I'd rather not give EB my business

i-Jest

How does that work, did you just show them a picture of the receipt? and they just phoned costco to check if they had stock?

Also curious to know how you pulled it off.

At least you guys GET games in your mailbox. Whether I get my games delivered to me or left for pickup at the post office depends entirely on the whims of my local post carrier, and whether he/she wants to risk getting fired for not following the "DO NOT DROP SHIP" label on the pac--oh wait I've said this a thousand times before sorry!

A lot of the orders were only single DVD orders, since that was the only way to get the free ticket with each disc, so... :(

If you check the individual orders, they'll list the pass and the DVD with separate statuses. If they both say SHIPPED, then I'd wait a few days and see if passes show up in the mail. At least one of my orders shows the pass as BACKORDERED (hurr?) and another just says PAYMENT PROCESSED or whatever. I've received three orders so far and all have come with the passes, usually tucked in with the packing slip or just free in the envelope. It's easy to miss so double-check your packing slips if you haven't done so already (I'm guessing you have but just in case).

Maddog

I ordered a bunch of blu rays on Black Friday from Cineplex and the free passes came separately and week later than the movies themselves.

Cynar

How often does best buy update their stock online? I've had gift cards for a while but can never find the ps4 in stock online. Xbox one seems to be in stock right now though.

veras

Anyone have any idea what happens with PS4/XB1 trade-ins at FS/BB now that the $40 deal is finished. I have Killzone to trade in and I'm curious how much they're going to offer now

I'd rather not give EB my business

I think I saw someone say somewhere that the base tradein value for some PS4/XB1 game at FS (I forget which, AC4 perhaps?) was around $25 a week or two ago (which got bumped up to $40), so maybe that's the ballpark?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes, but they're certainly shifting the tickets around or even shipping some seperately, so until everything marked as shipped in each order has arrived, there's no reason to panic.

Their customer service is notoriously tiring, so I'd say cover your bases before making the call. My first item that arrived was one item of a larger order with some items backordered, but other items seemingly also shipped separately? I'm gonna just wait for the dust to settle.
Ah, I noticed that the passes say "Payment settled", so I assume they'll come later?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
just picked up the $10 walmart pillows from the post office! Hope they are good ^_^
But Target this week:

QA3VzPW.png

:p

Top Bottom