• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Jinto

Just got an email from Sony regarding my PS Plus cards purchased from FS on boxing day:

Based on the information you have provided, we show all your codes as inactive. Please contact/return to your retailer for assistance in activating your PSN cards.

I wonder why they couldn't figure that out when I was on the phone with them. Ah well, I guess I have to make another trip to Future Shop. Hopefully they don't give me any grief.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Don't forget to make a LTTP when you finish 999.

Is it as good as everyone says it is? I noticed VLR sitting around in my backlog from PS+ hence why I finally purchased it.

lol shit I just remembered. Had a brainfart there. Yup it's right there in my bank acc. Feels good not making much dough ;_;

Damn it feels good to be gangster.

ohlawd

Is it as good as everyone says it is? I noticed VLR sitting around in my backlog from PS+ hence why I finally purchased it.

I'd say it is but you ain't me and I ain't you. Just know what you're getting into as it's a text heavy game with puzzles thrown in between.

Anyway you can still make your LTTP thread; there's no rule that dictates threads be positive. You can bash the game all you want and have people tear you a new asshole (I'll be joining them).

Gxgear

Just got an email from Sony regarding my PS Plus cards purchased from FS on boxing day:

Based on the information you have provided, we show all your codes as inactive. Please contact/return to your retailer for assistance in activating your PSN cards.

I wonder why they couldn't figure that out when I was on the phone with them. Ah well, I guess I have to make another trip to Future Shop. Hopefully they don't give me any grief.

Their phone reps aren't even authorized to scratch their noses.

krae_man

I get almost the biggest GST cheque possible. My income is just below the threshold where they start clawing it back. I get like $100 every quarter.

frequency

Got my first movie from Cineplex, From Up On Poppy Hill

Some big names on this voice cast :eek:

Did you order the DVD (cheaper one) or the Blu Ray (more expensive but still listed as a DVD, though UPC search will show Blu Ray)?
http://store.cineplex.com/store/recorddetails?R=prod1450102

Holy crap, does anyone actually work at Cineplex? I've been on hold for an hour. lol

Last time I called I was on hold for like 2 hours. My phone ran out of batteries and I had to switch.

frequency

Not him, but my Poppy Hill came in today too. I ordered the more expensive one, which was a blu ray/DVD combo pack. Very good movie, though the box was a little cracked. No damage to the discs thankfully.

Thank you.

I ordered the more expensive one too but the ship notice says DVD so I was a bit concerned. The Cineplex sale hasn't been the best experience for me. Though it was mostly my own fault for not checking before ordering so many things -- I ordered things we already owned...

Eleuin

Yep I ordered the more expensive one too, trusted the UPC over the site. Thankfully my case wasn't cracked or damaged in any way.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did you order the DVD (cheaper one) or the Blu Ray (more expensive but still listed as a DVD, though UPC search will show Blu Ray)?
http://store.cineplex.com/store/reco...?R=prod1450102

Last time I called I was on hold for like 2 hours. My phone ran out of batteries and I had to switch.
I tried to leave a message and the box was full. There was an email address, so I tried that, but holy shit... how do you run a webstore like this?

And, I ordered a copy of BDs that were listed as DVDs but got the proper BD versions, so they seem to be checking properly at the warehouse.

evanmisha

Let's see here, I got... Almost Famous, the Breakfast Club, the Canyons, Charlie's Angels, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, the Crow, Dazed & Confused (Criterion), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Fair Game, Kill Bill vol. 1, Kill Bill vol. 2, Red Cliff, the Runaways, Rushmore (Criterion), Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Sin City, Star Wars: the Complete Saga, the Wedding Singer, Who's the Caboose? on DVD, and 8/12 movie tickets. The stuff from one of the bigger orders actually came in a box, which was surprising. The rest of the media envelopes were wrapped in an elastic band with an envelope with 2 of the movie tickets in it.

The Watchmen Ultimate Collector's Edition box and Serendipity just came in, so those should ship soon. Got a ton of stuff backordered.

Been meaning to build up a decent Blu-ray collection for years, so I went a little nuts with this deal. If they do this again next boxing day, I'm gonna have to buy a new shelf.

I had two packages ship from Cineplex. One shipping notice email came about 45 minutes after the first one but I only got one package today. Hopefully the other will show up on Monday.

I've got a package from Amazon that's in limbo too. It seems to have stopped progress once it hit the local Canada Post facility last week. Fun times.

Anyone still waiting on a Future Shop Boxing Day order?

I ordered about 30 minutes after it went live on the 24th, item hasn't even been in my city yet, expected date was today.

Ugh.

krae_man

Huh, all of Best Buy's electronics are advertised with the enviro fee clearly listed in the advertised price.

Was there some kind of rule change requiring them to do it?

Edit: Huh, it's only on the stuff on the main page.

http://store.cineplex.com/store/recorddetails?R=prod1450102

Not him, but my Poppy Hill came in today too. I ordered the more expensive one, which was a blu ray/DVD combo pack. Very good movie, though the box was a little cracked. No damage to the discs thankfully.

Yup, I ordered the more expensive one and I got the DVD/Blu-Ray combo. I actually forgot about the site mislabeling when I received the order, I was just all "yup everything's Blu-Rays awesome."

On a completely unrelated note, I have so many Criterions to watch now. And Infernal Affairs. And two seasons of TNG. Oh god.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are there any good headsets that work with the PS4? Can be primarily PC headsets that also work with the PS4 controller, I don't care. Preferably something super simple like the 360 headset, not something noise-cancelling (I often talk to my roommate in the same room and don't wanna keep taking it on/off)

torontoml

Are there any good headsets that work with the PS4? Can be primarily PC headsets that also work with the PS4 controller, I don't care. Preferably something super simple like the 360 headset, not something noise-cancelling (I often talk to my roommate in the same room and don't wanna keep taking it on/off)
Any 3.5mm headset will plug into the controller, iPhone buds will work as an example.

i-Jest

If your willing to spend the money, the Pulse Elite headset might do it.

Any 3.5mm headset will plug into the controller, iPhone buds will work as an example.

Another example would be the Vita's official earphones.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just picked up Arkham Origins for $20 from Futureshop
thank you SCOP
. If anyone missed out on the $30 or $25 deals, now's your chance to capitalize on Futureshop's incompetence.

Eleuin

which summer wars did you end up buying?

Bronetta

What happened?

Wii U version was priced at $30, scanned at $50. Mentioned Scanning Code of Practice, employee dropped price to $20 (and it includes the Deathstroke content). I kept getting the feeling that I should stop by FS after work, guess it paid off.

Sticker says $30, scans at $60. Sadly none of the FS and BB near me sticker their games.
Wii U version so it scanned at $50. The price was on the display rack, not the cases themselves.

Also picked up the Man of Steel bluray for $13, which is the cheapest I've seen so far.

Bronetta

Want to sell your UV code?

(Also expressing general interest in digital copies of movies to everyone)

You can have the code, check your messages.

krae_man

Actually, The scanner code doesn't apply to individually stickered items. It only applies to to advertised and shelf prices of non stickered items.

The reason for the individually stickered item exception is say an item is open box or dented or whatever and they put a cheaper price on it because of it, the barcode on the thing is still the same so it will still scan in at full pop.

That said, the scanner code is supposed to be honored in both "letter and spirit". To me that means having a sticker on the item isn't a get out jail free card for all pricing errors. If the clerk overrides the scan price on their own without being prompted, no harm no foul, you're not entitled to the $10 off. However, if you have to point it out they owe you the $10.

A few years ago, I bought a bluray at Futureshop and it scanned at the wrong price and I tried to use the scanner code and the clerk refused because of the individual sticker exemption and told me the manager was busy when I complained that he wouldn't honor it. So I sent an email complaining and the store manager calls me and says he will honor it because $10 was not enough money to fight over but he wanted to make sure I knew I was wrong and not entitled to it. At no point did he apologize for the movie scanning at the wrong price. The entire conversation was about how wrong I was.

That dude was such an idiot. I stopped shopping at Futureshop for about 5 years until the Tsilon and E3 deals started happening. He screwed his store out of so much money.

Lexxism

Did anyone here try returning an item which you did not originally buy from that store? Like for example Toy R Us? I already did it with FS/BB but I'm curious if it will apply the same way with TRU.

MPW

People who get GST/HST cheques get one today. I make too much money to get one.

wtf i didn't get one :(

i usually get it mailed but i finally signed up for direct deposit about 2 months ago ... checked bank account online, nothing was sent to me on jan. 3, I guess I need to call them on monday :(

Vibranium

Banned
Man, I still haven't received my 2 PS+ cards I ordered from The Source.ca on Christmas day. It's been more than 5 business days right? I selected the ship to my house option and according to the tracking on the website it's been shipped.

I guess I'll have to fricking call them over their help line or send an email, I've got my receipt and everything thankfully...

Man, I still haven't received my 2 PS+ cards I ordered from The Source.ca on Christmas day. It's been more than 5 business days right? I selected the ship to my house option and according to the tracking on the website it's been shipped.

I guess I'll have to fricking call them over their help line or send an email, I've got my receipt and everything thankfully...
Same here my credit card has been charged I'm hoping it arrives Monday

Maximus.

I received half of what I ordered from Cineplex. The other stuff is back ordered. I didn't realize I wouldn't get a ticket for my two seasons of Breaking Bad. Oh well, just can't wait to receive the rest!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

I got mine 3 days after I ordered... Guess I was lucky.

Griss

Dropping into this thread to thank everyone for all their work tracking deals. Arrived back in Ireland with my new Wii U (Skylanders bundle - $200), Mario 3D World ($60), Pikmin 3 ($37), ZombiU ($15), with Nintendoland in the Skylanders bundle. Came to about $350 after tax, I think. That's 250 euros, and let me tell you that there's no way I could ever get that stuff for 250 euros over here in retail stores (or even online), despite our bomba prices.

So thanks, guys. Canada was a brilliant holiday, too. Great country you have over there; lovely people. I'll sing a bit of the anthem whenever I boot up my WiiU, lol.

999 is a tough read due to a lot of sophomoric adjective heavy writing on the bottom screen and a slow moving plot, and I didn't really enjoy it at all.
VLR, on the other hand, is utterly fantastic.

If you struggle with 999 I'd suggest just skipping to VLR. 999 isn't essential to enjoy it at all, and if you're like me 999 might not be worth your time.

Top Bottom