• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Spike

You know what? Future Shop is a joke.

So I went to the local FS and topped up a gift card with the correct amount for DKCR:TF. I get home and try to enter it on the order, and it isn't going through. So I call customer service. I'm told that since I have a credit card on the order and I already had used two previous gift cards on the order, they cannot add another gift card to it.

As they stated:

For online purchases, you can use the following combination of Payment Methods

- 1 Credit Card

or

- 1 Credit Card and 1 or 2 Gift Cards

or

- 1, 2 or 3 Gift Cards

I mean, WTF?!?! I have a gift card from Christmas with $40 on it. I added $5.19 more, and now I'm told I cannot use it?!?!

So, after an hour or so, I dug up a previous Gift Card that I had used on the order. I emailed them asking to move the amount over to the card that was already on the order and got an email back saying that they could not and to call customer service in the morning.

I'm just so frustrated right now.

i-Jest

Man, does anyone know where I can buy this PS4 'Power A' Dual Shock 4 Charging Station (or the official one) in Canada? It's been sold out EVERYWHERE for like two months now.

My only option right now is to get it from Power A's official site for $40 USD :/

If your willing to import, there's an international seller on this list. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00ENFVJJO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Also this one, http://www.ipmart.com/usa/product/POWER,A,DualShock,4,Controller,Charging,Station,for,PlayStation,4,374998.php?prod=374998

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Any copies of Bravely Default in downtown or Mississauga? It seems like it's sold out everywhere =/. I'm too late it seems.

khaaan

Any copies of Bravely Default in downtown or Mississauga? It seems like it's sold out everywhere =/. I'm too late it seems.

I can't find any in Mississauga, but if you're desperate there's one at the EBGames near me and I'm coming to Mississauga tonight (taking an early reading week) so I could pick it up.

EditDerp: EB @ Erin Mills is low on stock and the one on Burhnamthrope has some.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I can't find any in Mississauga, but if you're desperate there's one at the EBGames near me and I'm coming to Mississauga tonight (taking an early reading week) so I could pick it up.

EditDerp: EB @ Erin Mills is low on stock and the one on Burhnamthrope has some.

Oh wow, thanks for the offer. I actually live close by to square one, I'll head on there after work.

zeitgeist

Has anyone done price protection with Best Buy over the phone? I got something and now it is way cheaper. BB usually matches their stuff within 30 days right?

Takao

Banned
Canadian cover choices for MLB 14 The Show:

jDxicgz.jpg
Olw0GTC.jpg

Vote: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...918.1073741852.6069828917&type=1&l=eb0797dd2b

balohna

I think it's published by Nintendo and they're hyping it up pretty hard. There will be more, you just might have to wait. Play the demo if you haven't, it's pretty substantial.

Dorygrant

Going to pick up a tablet tonight (price range is $100) and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations?
Most likely going to have to go to Wal-Mart since it'll be after 9 when I'm done work.
Any brands to avoid or is it all good?

balohna

Going to pick up a tablet tonight (price range is $100) and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations?
Most likely going to have to go to Wal-Mart since it'll be after 9 when I'm done work.

What OS are you thinking and what do you want to use it for?

Out of your price range I guess, but I got an ASUS Windows tablet for $400 that I can also use as a small laptop (has a detachable keyboard and runs the full version of Windows 8). I'm happy with it, very versatile.

Firestorm

Why do you want a tablet? IMO if you can't get a Nexus 7 at minimum (or I guess Kindle Fire), then I don't think you should go for a tablet at all... It's just not going to be a good enough experience to be worth it.

Dorygrant

Why do you want a tablet? IMO if you can't get a Nexus 7 at minimum (or I guess Kindle Fire), then I don't think you should go for a tablet at all... It's just not going to be a good enough experience to be worth it.

I need something that I can use for writing, watching streams and music editing. Video editing would probably be asking to much as well. Preferably Android.

Basically looking for something small to keep my workspace portable until I can afford a nice laptop. Sometimes I have to spontaneously make a music mix and it would be nice to have something to help me with that on the road. I can adjust to whatever programs are available for the platform.

I do really like the Nexus 7 but was hoping there would be like something like it for cheaper or a fire sale. But I guess I'll get what I pay for.

Firestorm

Yeah, I don't think you're going to be able to get a good experience on something for $100. I'd look into the Kindle Fire to see how it performs but I'd say Nexus 7 is your best bet.

Maddog

The 32gb Kobo Arc is currently selling for $100. I'd say that's a pretty good deal for an Android tablet with decent specs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Has anyone bought anything from HobbyLink Japan before?

Want to order something but I'm unsure if I'm gonna suddenly be hit by a bunch of extra shipping/handling fees once it actually gets to my door.

Want to order something but I'm unsure if I'm gonna suddenly be hit by a bunch of extra shipping/handling fees once it actually gets to my door.

I've ordered from them maybe 6 or 7 times and have never been hit with additional costs.

Sora_N

Depends on price but I only paid once for a $30 item. Usually I'm fine

Anth0ny

I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of shit from them. No extra fees, at least not when I bought stuff from them two years ago.

Sober

No kiddin'. Never been to Giant Tiger before but I may have to investigate, lol. There's a store fairly close-by.
If you are looking at the Markham store, don't bother, they aren't there anymore. I work there, I think we sent em back to the vendor.

RGM79

How much is it? Is it available online?
You will have to call stores and check as availability seems to be sparse. I picked up the 32GB for $39.99. I'm in Vancouver, the Oakridge Centre location had nothing but 4GB while Metrotown had 8GB and 32GB, I think I got the last 32GB.

jzbluz

Isn't the new vita supposed to be worse than the old one in terms of screen-quality though?

From what I understand, OLED shows brighter colors (although I find the colors sometimes too saturated for my liking) but it's sometimes hard to find a perfect screen. And while the LCD one is a bit washed out, it's still pretty good; it seems that people who bought it are happy with the quality. Plus the new one is thinner, lighter, and stuff.

Zing

Banned
I mean, WTF?!?! I have a gift card from Christmas with $40 on it. I added $5.19 more, and now I'm told I cannot use it?!?!

So, after an hour or so, I dug up a previous Gift Card that I had used on the order. I emailed them asking to move the amount over to the card that was already on the order and got an email back saying that they could not and to call customer service in the morning.
Future Shop and Best Buy have always had a three method of payment limit on all transactions. What you must do is combine all your gift cards into one. Take them to a store (unless they can do it over phone) and they will combine. I had to do this regularly because I bought gift cards for cheap online, but they always came in $25 increments.

Future Shop and Best Buy have always had a three method of payment limit on all transactions. What you must do is combine all your gift cards into one. Take them to a store (unless they can do it over phone) and they will combine. I had to do this regularly because I bought gift cards for cheap online, but they always came in $25 increments.

Where do you get them for cheap? :)

Zing

Banned
I was once a member of a program that allowed buying several hundred worth of gift cards from a list of stores (sears, canadian tire, best buy, etc) at a 20% discount. It's been a few years since I've done it, since you are essentially committing money to a particular store (could only buy a limited number per month, so you need to stock up for a while to make large purchases) and I don't buy much these days. I'm sure a similar program exists somewhere.

The program I was in had Petrocanada, so I always maxed out on those to buy gas. I also bought a TV from Best Buy using about $800 in gift cards this way.

CKB3375

Hey all. Just picked up a PS4, and an Xbox One......still unsure about keeping the Xbox One with all the rumors of revisions and price drops. Are there any current sales on next gen games? I suppose the Target deal is expired right?

From what I understand, OLED shows brighter colors (although I find the colors sometimes too saturated for my liking) but it's sometimes hard to find a perfect screen. And while the LCD one is a bit washed out, it's still pretty good; it seems that people who bought it are happy with the quality. Plus the new one is thinner, lighter, and stuff.

Black levels are better on OLED too. That said, I've switched from an AMOLED phone (Galaxy Nexus) to a standard LCD (Nexus 5) and though you can tell the difference side by side, in daily use it's not a problem at all.

Black levels are better on OLED too. That said, I've switched from an AMOLED phone (Galaxy Nexus) to a standard LCD (Nexus 5) and though you can tell the difference side by side, in daily use it's not a problem at all.

Yea, from what I hear if someone never used the OLED the new screen will still feel fantastic! Add all the other advantages (battery life, size and shape) and it's a great choice too! I think I want one of each! haha (already have 1 OLED).

Yea, from what I hear if someone never used the OLED the new screen will still feel fantastic! Add all the other advantages (battery life, size and shape) and it's a great choice too! I think I want one of each! haha (already have 1 OLED).

I have 2 OLED ones and am still thinking about grabbing Borderlands bundle, the bundled game itself will make the purchase not so expensive imo!

Got my $112 e-rebate from that shop.ca ps4 order :)

Same here :)
$134 has been deposited into my paypal account :D

Guys did anybody happen to own/try both the Pulse Elite headset and the new Gold one? The Pulse Elites are good and all but they hurt my head after an hour or so, do you think the hold will be an improvement on that side?

Top Bottom