• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

frequency

I would reward VGP (I would forgive them for the hack fiasco) and Amazon with my business for keeping the prices equal to US prices rather than price matching to save a few dollars and giving FS/BB/EB anything for this nonsense.

mdubs

Banned
I'm still planning on continuing to buy from Future Shop on products they are price competitive or will price match on. They've been very good to us (and me) over the years.

You better off buy it from Amazon.ca for $2-3 less and faster delivery!

I would reward VGP (I would forgive them for the hack fiasco) and Amazon with my business for keeping the prices equal to US prices rather than price matching to save a few dollars and giving FS/BB/EB anything for this nonsense.

I'd subscribe for Amazon prime if they keep their prices lower but I doubt they will, MGS Ground Zeroes for PS4 has been pushed $5 and they will probably do the same with every other game!

Thinking about buying a new laptop, had the Dell inspiron for nearly 3 years. Anyone know any laptop brands/models to look out for this year i should check out? i mostly use it for browsing, apps etc, not interested in the gaming side. Budget maybe under $650?

Got a netbook for $300 for productivity only, as it's light, durable, 5 hr battery, full USB ports and VGA port for my presentation projector, win 8.1 and office 2013 preloaded. Next, getting an iPad mini retina with the leftover $400. That combo is sweet.

I tried online and this is what I was told:

That doesn't even make sense. I tried for a price match! Maybe I'm reading incorrectly, but I want BB to match amazon's price, not to charge me whatever BB charges in the future.

I think the policy says an item must be in stock for the price match to apply. Since it's a pre order, technically it's not in stock (yet).

Just save the hassle and order from AZ

If u are dissatisfied with the price, remember stores won't get the message unless you use the tools of the free market and use your wallet at a cheaper competitor :)

I cancelled all my preorders at stores that raised prices, simple as that.

Seik

Banned
Anybody did a pre-order for Bravely Default during the FutureShop E3 deal?

My copy is still not shipped, I was hoping to get it at least for monday. :(

ohlawd

damn, that sucks :(

I'm super enjoying myself with it. Beginning is kind of a slog but I'm OP now so it's all good. Just playing MH until my 3DS finishes charging so I can go back.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm hearing that some prices on games are rising 10$ now. Future Shop does apparently.

:/

EDIT: Destiny, inFamous, MLB14, are 10$ higher at 69,99.

Ditto. I'm already considering foregoing their E3 pre-order savings just because of their asinine shipping policy, why on earth would I reward them for not sticking to MSRP?

r3n4ud

I'm hearing that some prices on games are rising 10$ now. Future Shop does apparently.

:/

EDIT: Destiny, inFamous, MLB14, are 10$ higher at 69,99.

image.php

Endy MacK

So now Best Buy wants $69.99 for Infamous Second Son...this is fking BS. How is a $10 increase on a confirmed single player only game that was $59.99 last week, justified? That's $80 bucks here in BC after taxes..well now im going digital for sure which is a shame because I usually like to trade or sell single player games after ive had my fill.

Right now on Shop.ca you can pre-order Second Son limited edition for $59.99 with free shipping, and you can use the "SHOP10" code to save an additional $10 (I just did it a couple of days ago). Also, if it is your first time using the site, you get $15 towards your first purchase, potentially getting the game for $34.99.
Hope that helps!

suikodan

damn, that sucks :(

I'm super enjoying myself with it. Beginning is kind of a slog but I'm OP now so it's all good. Just playing MH until my 3DS finishes charging so I can go back.

Mine's out for delivery today but I wonder... I ordered it with the promotion but are people getting the CE at that price or the regular? I expect the latter except that some people here seem to have received the CE from that same order.

i-Jest

Right now on Shop.ca you can pre-order Second Son limited edition for $59.99 with free shipping, and you can use the "SHOP10" code to save an additional $10 (I just did it a couple of days ago). Also, if it is your first time using the site, you get $15 towards your first purchase, potentially getting the game for $34.99.
Hope that helps!

Anyone know if any other promo code works? I'd do the shop 10 promo but curious to know if there might be other codes that allow you to get more that $10 off.

Anyone know if any other promo code works? I'd do the shop 10 promo but curious to know if there might be other codes that allow you to get more that $10 off.

Don't really think so, especially after all the bad feedback they got for cancelling Swiss Chalet codes they might be more cautious with throwing promotional codes.

I am almost 100% certain that FS will not honor the $60 price point for any of the E3 pre-orders. They've been careful to not subtract 20 dollars off of Wii U games that were reduced in price from their anticipated MSRP. Originally, Windwaker HD was listed as $50 on pre-order. When I received it, they had reduced it by only 10 dollars because of the new lower price. They will almost definitely adjust the discounted 20 dollars from the new 70 dollar sku for any future games. It suits them to adjust the reduction when it makes them more money but not when it results in a wider discount margin for the customer.

I hope someone has some evidence to prove to me otherwise.

zroid

Banned
I am almost 100% certain that FS will not honor the $60 price point for any of the E3 pre-orders. They've been careful to not subtract 20 dollars off of Wii U games that were reduced in price from their anticipated price. Originally, Windwaker HD was listed as $50 on pre-order. When I received it, they had reduced it by only 10 dollars because of the new lower MSRP. They will almost definitely adjust the discounted 20 dollars from the new 70 dollar sku for any future games. It suits them to adjust the reduction when it makes them more money but not when it results in a wider discount margin for the customer.

They simply don't change the price after you've locked in your pre-order. Doesn't matter what you got it for. The only exception is if the final retail price is lower than what you're paying.

Is the hardcover LR: FFXIII guide going to be available in stores? If so, what're the chances this deal will carry over there?

They'll probably the available in stores, but unless it specifies the deal is available in-stores and online, then it's gonna be online only.

I am almost 100% certain that FS will not honor the $60 price point for any of the E3 pre-orders. They've been careful to not subtract 20 dollars off of Wii U games that were reduced in price from their anticipated price. Originally, Windwaker HD was listed as $50 on pre-order. When I received it, they had reduced it by only 10 dollars because of the new lower MSRP. They will almost definitely adjust the discounted 20 dollars from the new 70 dollar sku for any future games. It suits them to adjust the reduction when it makes them more money but not when it results in a wider discount margin for the customer.

Can they change something like that though? I would have thought something like that wouldn't be within the law.

They simply don't change the price after you've locked in your pre-order. Doesn't matter what you got it for. The only exception is if the final retail price is lower than what you're paying.

I hope you're right. I understand it on pre-orders that are fairly recent but I don't know if we've ever seen a price hike since they've been offering the E3 deal.

Tagg9

I am almost 100% certain that FS will not honor the $60 price point for any of the E3 pre-orders. They've been careful to not subtract 20 dollars off of Wii U games that were reduced in price from their anticipated MSRP. Originally, Windwaker HD was listed as $50 on pre-order. When I received it, they had reduced it by only 10 dollars because of the new lower price. They will almost definitely adjust the discounted 20 dollars from the new 70 dollar sku for any future games. It suits them to adjust the reduction when it makes them more money but not when it results in a wider discount margin for the customer.

You're wrong. Future Shop has never done anything like this before, even when it's seemingly cost them a lot of money.

You're wrong. Future Shop has never done anything like this before, even when it's seemingly cost them a lot of money.

Well, I guess I'll see for myself soon enough. I have Thief 3 coming later in this month via the E3 deal. Maybe I'm being overly-pessimistic. I have pre-orders running into 2015 so, great news if I am wrong.

djblue89

Just a quick question before I pre-order MLB 14 for PS4 from Amazon.ca, it works the same way as Futureshop and Bestbuy right ? I only get charged once it ships and I can cancel right before release as well ?

Magnus

I want that Amano collection so badly. Saw it for $60 at FanExpo last year and thought I could do better. I'm still not feeling terrible impulsive at $45, haha. I'll wait. I feel like I'll see it for $25-30 this winter.

I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite PC years ago during one of the E3 promos for $29.99, $20 off the MSRP of $49.99. I didn't have to pay any extra even after the MSRP went up to $59.99. I think we're fine.

farisr

Yeah, the only time the FS price lock is "bad" is if the price drops ever since preordering from E3. Like for instance, you ordered a game during E3 priced at $60, and got $20 off resulting in a $40 pricetag. If the game's normal retail price (before launch) drops to $40, doesn't matter, you won't get a discount or 33% off that price, your order is locked in at $40, the discount is now gone.

But thankfully, that works out great in situations like this, where the price hike will also not effect the order. What was going to be a 33% discount at regular launch price, ends up being a 42% discount at the hiked up launch prices.

mdubs

Banned
Calling it right now that the new Borderlands 2 Vita bundle is going to have MSRP of $229.99 in Canada since it's $199.99 in the US.

i-Jest

Off topic but does anyone know if the Pokemon X and Y post-game guide ever had a hardcover version? The paperback's going for a nice price on Amazon and Chapters Indigo. Just want to know if a hardcover's in print. It would compliment my X and Y hardcover guide quite nicely.

Do you live in Toronto? According to the shipping label it came from Mississauga, so it wasn't too far away in my case.

I got my shipping confirmation on the night of the 6th and received it on the 7th during the early afternoon.

I would have kept it but I also received at the same time my CE, so I opted to return the Regular edition at my local FS.

DJ_Lae

I just noticed my Amazon order for Bravely Default somehow says 'express shipping' and not two day.

If I did change it by accident it would be the first time I've done so. It's always defaulted to two day shipping with prime before.

Damn. Scheduled delivery is Thursday when it should have been tonight.

Well shit.

I need a Vita now, before its impossible to find an OLED one. Anywhere selling them for 150? Or just other deals with them anywhere?

Top Bottom