• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Not sure if it's old news but Rayman Legends for PS4 is coming a week early at the 18th of February! Unfortunately Ubisoft didn't bother supporting the Vita for second screen stuff, just remote play! Still keeping my E3 preorder anyway which is only $5 less than the current price!

MesH

Stopped at Ebgames today to check out used games, they up those also, all the used XBONE and PS4 games are going for 54.99 and saw some used games at 59.99....WTF. Bet trade values won't go up accordingly.

Gxgear

I am almost 100% certain that FS will not honor the $60 price point for any of the E3 pre-orders. They've been careful to not subtract 20 dollars off of Wii U games that were reduced in price from their anticipated MSRP. Originally, Windwaker HD was listed as $50 on pre-order. When I received it, they had reduced it by only 10 dollars because of the new lower price. They will almost definitely adjust the discounted 20 dollars from the new 70 dollar sku for any future games. It suits them to adjust the reduction when it makes them more money but not when it results in a wider discount margin for the customer.

I hope someone has some evidence to prove to me otherwise.

My Lightning Returns just shipped for the sale price if anyone still has doubts about this.

Maximus.

Jumped on the Bravely Default bandwagon late, went to FS on Friday to find they didnt have any copies. Ordered online right after that, shipped same day and I got it today!

So how is amazon when they write "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months"?

I was too slow to pre-order Toukiden on Vita at BB/FS and they raised the price to 44.99$. Amazon says what I wrote below, VGP still says pre-order status, BB is 100% out of stock and FS is taking 11 back order pre-oreder(?).

I have a feeling that maybe most stores just did not receive their shipment on time?

We can bitch all we want at EBGames, in this case (as it is often the case) they are the only one with the game in stock online and in all their stores.

krae_man

EB had NSMB Wii for $64.99 when The Canadian Dollar was at par. I can't wait to see how much they charge or NSMBU when the Canadian Dollar is at 80 cents.

i-Jest

EB had NSMB Wii for $64.99 when The Canadian Dollar was at par. I can't wait to see how much they charge or NSMBU when the Canadian Dollar is at 80 cents.

It's gonna be disgusting. That's for damn sure. Price saving strategies are going to be more important than ever.

Sora_N

I hate Koodo so much, I didn't even get the phone for myself! So frustrating, I honestly don't like the company at all. I dealt with them before but this time has been awful. Fuck them. I can cancel the tab but they won't let me pay it until the 27th even though I forcefully paid them for the full month service already.

I wanted to do a chargeback but my Visa said if it's stated in the contract I will probably not be successful, and it would cost me $10 more.

It's mainly my fault for being busy and cancelling a few days too late though.

Also Best Buy didn't actually give me back $30 for the Bravely Default lol...I need to ask them in a few days if I still don't get it.

Roto13

Anyone want a 60 day Music Unlimited trial? I think you need a credit card and it'll only work with accounts that have never had Music Unlimited before.

Cheerilee

I hate Koodo so much, I didn't even get the phone for myself! So frustrating, I honestly don't like the company at all. I dealt with them before but this time has been awful. Fuck them. I can cancel the tab but they won't let me pay it until the 27th even though I forcefully paid them for the full month service already.

I wanted to do a chargeback but my Visa said if it's stated in the contract I will probably not be successful, and it would cost me $10 more.

It's mainly my fault for being busy and cancelling a few days too late though.

Doing that trick where you sign up to get a phone that says it's for new members only, and then paying the Tab, cancelling your account, and keeping the phone?

I tried that once. RFD was all over it, and sometimes Koodo would just let people go without even charging them a day's service, other times they would demand that people pay for one whole month. So of course RFDers were trying everything they could to get away without paying that one month.

What they seemed to conclude was that it's in your contract, and you really do have to pay for one full month of service. Koodo's customer service reps were just being nice by sometimes letting people off the hook, and there didn't seem to be any way to make them be nice to you. Trying has the opposite effect.

Leeness

Aw yiss Futureshop/Canada Post screwed up my Lightning Returns so I won't get it for another 10 days or so.

Oh well. It's just Lightning Returns.

i-Jest

Question about PS+. If you buy a PS+ discounted game, are you buying the version that's tethered to your PS+ account (like a PS+ free game)? Also, if I'm no longer a PS+ member, there by losing the functionality of any free game I downloaded, I can just go back on PSN and download them at full price right?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Any deals on Vita memory cards?

post-45702-0-56072400-1386285385.gif

zroid

Banned
Question about PS+. If you buy a PS+ discounted game, are you buying the version that's tethered to your PS+ account (like a PS+ free game)? Also, if I'm no longer a PS+ member, there by losing the functionality of any free game I downloaded, I can just go back on PSN and download them at full price right?

it's yours to keep forever

The memory card was $99.99 USD. It has a free shipping option, but you gotta wait longer for it with no tracking. I paid for express shipping, which came up to $111 USD or $127 CAD.

I've been trying to resist importing one hoping they will come to NA soon but I might just bite on that! Thanks for the details :)

And the exchange rate is starting to sting wherever we go now :(

Apathy

In Toronto, if I wanted to buy a console or game from an independent store rather than a big box place (you know to support them if they have not raised prices on games), any suggestions for which deserve my business from past experience you have had dealing with them?

Roto13

In Toronto, if I wanted to buy a console or game from an independent store rather than a big box place (you know to support them if they have not raised prices on games), any suggestions for which deserve my business from past experience you have had dealing with them?

Video Games Plus has said they're not raising their prices.

Game Centre has historically been a pretty great store but I have no idea if they're raising their prices. I asked them on Twitter but I didn't get a response.

Neki

My Lightning Returns came in today, and the box was basically destroyed. Can I return it in store or do I have to go through the return process online to get a new one?

Video Games Plus has said they're not raising their prices.

Game Centre has historically been a pretty great store but I have no idea if they're raising their prices. I asked them on Twitter but I didn't get a response.

Depending on how long Amazon.ca takes with my DangaRonpa pre-order, I might cancel and hit Game Centre sometime this week, so I'll be able to find out then. I'd gladly visit VGP in person if they had a downtown location.

zroid

Banned
I ordered ZombiU >.<

Apparently $5 was my breaking point... I'm probably not going to like it much anyway, as I don't usually enjoy horror games.

My Lightning Returns came in today, and the box was basically destroyed. Can I return it in store or do I have to go through the return process online to get a new one?

If it's from FS or BB I think that you should be able to exchange it for a new one in the store since you can get a refund there. Can call customer service, they answer pretty fast!

zroid

Banned
Probably old news, but I just noticed Best Buy officially is doing same day delivery now for GTA. Sweet.

Ordered ZombiU too late to get it tonight obviously, but they say I'll get it tomorrow evening. NOT BAD.

RGM79

Well, looks like I will be picking up a refurbished 32GB vita card from EB Games.

These things don't wear out, do they? It's just flash memory as far as I know.

Top Bottom