• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

i-Jest

Got a news letter the other day. Don't know if anyone's interested but GameStreet.ca has a special promo going. Just enter coupon "FAMILY10" at checkout and get 10% off your order. This is going on from Feb 15th-17th.

familyupload.jpg

Is the Titanfall CE available for pre order anywhere? I see it in stock online for American retailers...but all sold out here. Anyone know the deal?

lupinko

Why don't you get the new MH4 3DS LL Rajang Gold?

I can't stand holding a original 3DS for long periods of time so that would be my last choice.

I just googled it and it does look cool, no game tho but that's not a total deal breaker I guess since like yourself I can't stand holding the regular 3DS for long periods of time either.

Lol no on the Love Plus 3DS. There's also a black and gold Thearhythm FF 3DS in April. Why are there so many 3DSes!?!?

And yeah Kirby is pissed too over here to my disappointment. I was surprised to see it out when I got here a few weeks ago and more surprised the NA date was May.

ohlawd

Still not Vita deals for Ontario :( :( :( At this rate I'll likely just bite the bullet and pay full price for the new model.
I wonder if the 2000 is meant to phase out the OLED or it'll be like the OG 3DS and XL where they coexist.

If it's the former, we might get lucky with clearance sales.

Ondore

Good news, everyone!
BgoZ1t5IIAAKC2m.jpg

Yes, that's $45 for the ESHOP version of Azran Legacies. Because you know, the cost of importing bits is so high.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Good news, everyone!
BgoZ1t5IIAAKC2m.jpg

Yes, that's $45 for the ESHOP version of Azran Legacies. Because you know, the cost of importing bits is so high.

Fucking hell. Just as I thought it could be worth it to use Nintendo's terrible download service to avoid the price gouging...

I don't really mind the price increase for PS3/4 games as they'll all be $20 six months after release anyway, but since Nintendo games never drop in price, it's gonna be painful to pay more than $50 after taxes for handheld games...

Good news, everyone!
BgoZ1t5IIAAKC2m.jpg

I was planning on buying Mario Kart 8 digitally but I might just hang on to my $39.99 FS order if they are going to raise the price.

chrono01

Whatever pre-orders I have from the FS E3 special are the only games I'll buy from retail [and digitally, for that matter] if the prices keep going up as they are. It's not as though my backlog isn't large enough as it is, I think I can pass on a few titles.

This is ridiculous.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Is this recent? Because this is Tropical Freeze now:
BgodABCIIAE08Ku.jpg

and I could've sworn this was $49.99 previously.
That's lame. That matches the retail listings now. Not looking forward to paying $69.99 for Mario Kart 8...

i-Jest

Is this recent? Because this is Tropical Freeze now:
BgodABCIIAE08Ku.jpg

and I could've sworn this was $49.99 previously.

I believe it was but Nintendo joined the price hike I guess. It goes to show you going digital may not protect you after all. In the online store Sony, Nintendo, and MS can set the price to whatever they want. They answer to no one under those circumstances I guess.

Tiktaalik

The exchange rate doesn't magically go away just because something isn't physically being sold in stores you guys. You are paying with a Canadian credit card after all.

I have no idea why you'd expect something else.

The exchange rate doesn't magically go away just because something isn't physically being sold in stores you guys. You are paying with a Canadian credit card after all.

I have no idea why you'd expect something else.

probably because the whole point that people encouraged digital sales was because they expected it to be cheaper than physical copies.

sucks for them, if they thought companies would actually lower the "standardized" price of videogames just because it's digital.

zroid

Banned
Hope for the best. My max was $40 before taxes anyway.

Oh and I forgot to mention because it slipped my mind, the last game which Natsume published, Hometown Story, was $39.99 on the US eShop, and iirc $40.99 on the Canadian eShop. And this was back in like October.

So don't be surprised if they make us pay more.... ;\

Top Bottom