• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I just put a preorder for Evolve PS4, just lock it at $60 which all of a sudden became a good price :( It's still at that price on EB and BB maybe everywhere but it might get hiked any day!

I don't know why all my recent questions got ignored lol but here is a repost from last page:

So this is my first time checking MTF and I was about to buy a couple of Blurays but it says not factory sealed! Are those used or what? anybody tried them before?

Thanks

I just put a preorder for Evolve PS4, just lock it at $60 which all of a sudden became a good price :( It's still at that price on EB and BB maybe everywhere but it might get hiked any day!

I don't know why all my recent questions got ignored lol but here is a repost from last page:

So this is my first time checking MTF and I was about to buy a couple of Blurays but it says not factory sealed! Are those used or what? anybody tried them before?

Thanks

MTF gets all their stuff as Costco returns. If there is significant or minor damage to the casing it is noted in the description. Otherwise I've had no problems. I got this for my wife for $90.00 and it's in perfect condition:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H8XF9I0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It passes for factory sealed. I have never got a scratched disc from MTF.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the best deal for Titanfall on PC if any ?
Most legit is Gamefly with the code feb20off for 48 USD.
Semi legit is to use a Mexican proxy and buy it from Origin for 48 CAD.

And, of course, there are the Russian key sellers mentioned previously but not to be talked about...

MTF gets all their stuff as Costco returns. If there is significant or minor damage to the casing it is noted in the description. Otherwise I've had no problems. I got this for my wife for $90.00 and it's in perfect condition:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H8XF9I0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It passes for factory sealed. I have never got a scratched disc from MTF.

Well the fact it's Costco stuff is kinda a good indication, I'll probably go ahead and order a couple Blurays and see how it goes!

They're "refurbs", but one game I bought from them was factory sealed (the other was used but complete).

Thanks for your input, it's good to know :)

djblue89

Most legit is Gamefly with the code feb20off for 48 USD.
Semi legit is to use a Mexican proxy and buy it from Origin for 48 CAD.

And, of course, there are the Russian key sellers mentioned previously but not to be talked about...

Is the Gamefly code for the digital origin version ?

djblue89

Its origin only i beleive , no matter if you have the retail disk or a code , its on origin.

So , yes.

Alright, I just bought it from them came to like 54 CAD which is better than 59,99 plus taxes ! Can't wait, add me on Origin if you guys even want to get some games in djblue89

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, my credit card number was stolen and someone bought a something for $1,500 on Bestbuy.ca with it...

And just as DK Tropical Freeze is about to be released. I still have a discounted pre-order at futureshop, and I really don't want to lose it (my card has been de-activated). Would it work if I get a $50 gift card and swap it with my credit card on my order? It's a big order where other games have already been shipped, can I still swap the credit card for a gift card or am I screwed?

Argh, this is so shitty... At least I hope the bank will not make me pay the $1,500...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shit, my credit card number was stolen and someone bought a something for $1,500 on Bestbuy.ca with it...

And just as DK Tropical Freeze is about to be released. I still have a discounted pre-order at futureshop, and I really don't want to lose it (my card has been de-activated). Would it work if I get a $50 gift card and swap it with my credit card on my order? It's a big order where other games have already been shipped, can I still swap the credit card for a gift card or am I screwed?

Argh, this is so shitty... At least I hope the bank will not make me pay the $1,500...
You could call in and try to get to switched to another card.

i-Jest

A used Zombi U bundle for $215 http://www.pricematters.ca/p-9009-nintendo-wii-u-usedworkingconsole-32g-zombiu-deluxe-set.aspx

Ahhhhh! I've been waiting on a deal for this game but the site isn't working for me. Anybody have any luck?

Already gone dude.

Do you guys recommend buying TV's from anywhere in particular?

I was just going to browse the big retail stores.

As long as you can get a good deal on the size, model, or brand your looking for then all is well.

No way you will have to pay for that! Cops can look into where it has been shipped to (but I am sure it's not his home address!).

You should be ok adding a gift card, I did it before even after an item was already sent.

Sora_N

Does Monoprice ship UPS or Canadapost? Anyone know?

There was construction in front of my house so UPS called me, I'm not even sure what the package that's coming is supposed to be. They're too dumb to come in from the backyard. -_- Now I have to stay home tomorrow and wait.

ph00p

Banned
I hope some janky site posts a lower price for DKCTF on friday, Walmart will price match literally ANY site a worker told me one time.

You don't need to worry much, you will not need to pay the stolen amount, and yes you can easily call in and add a gift card to your order!

Thanks for this, just saved $40 on a new DS XL.

You could have gotten Optimum points worth more than $40, only if you have the patience for those points to show on your account, cause usually with coupons bonus points show up after a few weeks!

DJ_Lae

Does Monoprice ship UPS or Canadapost? Anyone know?

There was construction in front of my house so UPS called me, I'm not even sure what the package that's coming is supposed to be. They're too dumb to come in from the backyard. -_- Now I have to stay home tomorrow and wait.

It'll come Canada Post if you selected the cheap USPS option...which is only available for certain orders less than four pounds.

Otherwise it'll be UPS.

I like the cheaper shipping, for the savings there plus you're almost guaranteed to not get charged duty.

Anyone had any luck getting their EBGames to price match other local stores for game prices? BB/FS are already $5 more expensive than buying straight from PSN, and EB is another $5 on top of BB/FS. This is getting silly, I'll never be able to burn up my gift card at this rate.

Do you guys recommend buying TV's from anywhere in particular?

I was just going to browse the big retail stores.

Do you have a Visions? I like going in there and lowballing them when I'm in the market for a new TV. They usually will bite somewhere much lower than what FS/BB sale prices are. Plus they have a 15% price beat policy and 60 or 90 day price protection.
As nice of a selection as BB & FS have, my last two big TVs have been from Visions. Got additional price protection cheques back from them both times too when the things went on sale on Boxing Day.

A used Zombi U bundle for $215

I got his from MTF before Christmas for $269.99, it worked and is still working perfectly. Best part is that it came with the $50 wireless controller. Because of that I still feel like it was a good price, but hot damn that's a good deal at $215

Lexxism

Anyone had any luck getting their EBGames to price match other local stores for game prices? BB/FS are already $5 more expensive than buying straight from PSN, and EB is another $5 on top of BB/FS. This is getting silly, I'll never be able to burn up my gift card at this rate.

EB doesn't do any price match though.

You can just use your EB gift card on PSN store cards and buy your games on PSN!
Or if you got lucky and found a PS4 in stock grab from EB it and sell it for cost on Kijiji and there you cashed out your gift cards!

LMN

Hi I have some questions, if I decided to import a Japanese game (J-star victory vs.) through Nippon-Yasan (around $70), will I be subject to pay extra tax? if yes, would it be possible to know how much more?

Luigi87

Hi I have some questions, if I decided to import a Japanese game (J-star victory vs.) through Nippon-Yasan (around $70), will I be subject to pay extra tax? if yes, would it be possible to know how much more?

No. You'll pay upfront on the site cost + shipping.
I recently bought Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost from them, and I paid no customs.

Lexxism

MkJzi3W.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Will you be able to price match this anywhere?
I don't think any store price matches Costco because you need a membership to buy from there. It's too bad it's not also on the website because you don't need a membership to buy from costco.ca.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't think price matching Costco is supposed to be permissible.
Someone could always get a membership to buy it there then cancel it and be refunded the full membership fee. As long as you cancel within a year of getting the membership then you get the entire membership fee back. This was true as of 4 years ago because my brother did it when he first moved into his house and needed to get a bunch of shit. He cancelled his membership after 11 months without a problem. I don't know if it still applies now though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Vita accessories are $10 on amazon.ca again if you missed out in December. Travel pouch, charging cradle, and screen protector all $10 each. Can't comment on the pouch or screen protector but the charging cradle is a must have, especially at that price.

Edit: Can anyone recommend this Vita grip? I don't find the Vita as uncomfortable to hold as most people do but wouldn't mind the extra comfort.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0072A4JVW/ref=s9_qpp_gw_d53_g229_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-8&pf_rd_r=055JHTJR0QR4KMV23EDQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1687860442&pf_rd_i=915398

Roto13

Vita accessories are $10 on amazon.ca again if you missed out in December. Travel pouch, charging cradle, and screen protector all $10 each. Can't comment on the pouch or screen protector but the charging cradle is a must have, especially at that price.

Love the charging cradle. Not quite as convenient as the 3DS cradle but keeping my Vita charged is no longer a pain in the ass since I got that.

Edit: Can anyone recommend this Vita grip? I don't find the Vita as uncomfortable to hold as most people do but wouldn't mind the extra comfort.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0072A4JVW/ref=s9_qpp_gw_d53_g229_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-8&pf_rd_r=055JHTJR0QR4KMV23EDQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1687860442&pf_rd_i=915398
Where in Canada are you?

Top Bottom