• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

They were going to $64.99. After taxes that's probably 70ish. Point is, people weren't buying in all likely hood. They had to move stock somehow.

This better be a lesson to FS/BB. These price hikes need to stop. Most people are just going to wait for games to go on sale, buy them used or both.

You know BB/ FS only raise the prices because their suppliers raise the prices, right? It isn't them making these decisions.

Riptwo

Looks like FS raised the price while I was in the process of ordering South Park. Had the order for $44 in my cart, and then it jumped to $64 when I was about to confirm my order. It's now showing as $84 before the $20 gift card promo.

Looks like FS raised the price while I was in the process of ordering South Park. Had the order for $44 in my cart, and then it jumped to $64 when I was about to confirm my order. It's now showing as $84 before the $20 gift card promo.

Oh wow, you're right. $84 now, still has the $20 gift card. Hopefully all the orders will be honored.

Nibiru

Banned
I thought the South Park CE was great because of the Cartman statue until I saw that you can buy it separate for $9.99. The site even has all the other characters.

I think that it's clear that what they intended to do is sell the Wizard at 64.99$ like when it first popped but through a different way, a 20$ gift card. They fucked up doing it and left the price at 64.99, bringing it to 44.99$... Anyone got a full order through at that price and no cancellation yet?

With forgeting to pre-order South Park with the E3 deal and now missing the CE for 44.99$ this morning at FS because I was doing an exam, it really hurts me too much to keep my CE pre-order at 74$... (includes taxes).

I think that I will try to convince a CSR to apply the 20$ off mentioned on the page because I did not get it when I pre-ordered last week (even though mine was at a cheaper price). Who knows, maybe it will work! If not, I think I will cancel and wait for the regular edition to drop, the CE is not that great, the content does not worth 20$.

daevv

Local Target finally got in Tomb Raider for PS4 so I was able to use the $35 rain check from a few weeks back. Guy said they only had 6 copies come in. Thief was there too for $59.

Huh, future shop just emailed me saying they upgraded my South Park order from the E3 promo to the grand wizard version. I guess they really do want to clear those out.

Huh, future shop just emailed me saying they upgraded my South Park order from the E3 promo to the grand wizard version. I guess they really do want to clear those out.

I got it too, so hyped for this game but I'd rather have a Kenny, Kyle or Butters figure.......Cartman is a douche

Grimsen

I also got the email from FS about my south park preorder. Feels good, man.

I thought the South Park CE was great because of the Cartman statue until I saw that you can buy it separate for $9.99. The site even has all the other characters.

9.99$ for a three inch figure.

The Cartman with the game is six inches.

Past

Is this game still rare? Just got this email from VGP.

PrPtArf.jpg

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19956

Got the same email. So stoked! It's amazing how good of a deal we get after ordering it during e3.
- South Park game
- 6-inch Kidrobot Cartman figure
- Kingdom of South Park map
- Four exclusive costumes

All for $44.79 after tax. This compared to the approx. $73 it costs to order it now.

khaaan

Is this game still rare? Just got this email from VGP.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19956

It certainly hasn't gotten more common, it hasn't been going for THAT much though. Glancing through eBay, most of the used copies went for about $70-$80. New copies go for a bit more but a lot of them end up failing to find a buyer.

I think there was a thread on it last night. I thought about buying an additional sealed copies for the collectability but decided I don't care enough to do it.

Returners

I think that it's clear that what they intended to do is sell the Wizard at 64.99$ like when it first popped but through a different way, a 20$ gift card. They fucked up doing it and left the price at 64.99, bringing it to 44.99$... Anyone got a full order through at that price and no cancellation yet?

Still hanging there...

Got the same email. So stoked! It's amazing how good of a deal we get after ordering it during e3.
- South Park game
- 6-inch Kidrobot Cartman figure
- Kingdom of South Park map
- Four exclusive costumes

All for $44.79 after tax. This compared to the approx. $73 it costs to order it now.

It's $84.99 before taxes now. Managed to get mine for $50 after tax this morning so I'm good with that.

Still hanging there...

They already giving so much Wizard Edition at 39.99$ with E3, they still make more money with the ones you guys got today at 44.99$! So so pissed I missed out on this twice, it really tarnished my joy about this game. Oh well, it only means that I will wait a few months for it to hit 20$ in a deal like all ubisoft game.

Now I am rambling like an old man! They took my hype! Dey turk mer herp! Durkur duur!

Vamphuntr

They were going to $64.99. After taxes that's probably 70ish. Point is, people weren't buying in all likely hood. They had to move stock somehow.

This better be a lesson to FS/BB. These price hikes need to stop. Most people are just going to wait for games to go on sale, buy them used or both.

I don't think that's the reasoning. At first the promotion was to offer the LE at the same price as the regular edition. Then it switched to having a 20$ gift card offered with the game but at full price. There was a mistake where the game was offered at 20$ off on top of the rest.

My guess is that they printed way too many LE for the game and that it isn't popular enough to clear their warehouse of stock.

Has anyone bought anything from store.madcatz.com?

My old headset (AX Pro) broke and they were kind enough to send me a Pro+ as a replacement, but they sent me a 360/ps3 version and it didn't come with the PC adapter that my old headset had. I've tried living with the optical cable, but I'm having serious issues with audio balance at times that the headset has more or less been sitting on my desk collecting dust now.

Problem is, the website seems glitchy as hell at times, and they're charging me $14.00 shipping on a 15.00 adapter, along with 75 cents in taxes, which granted is far less than what I would normally pay here, but is confusing me since I'm not sure how they came up to that amount as tax.

i wouldn't usually think about buying from them, but the adapter in question appears to be only sold though them, and I've never seen it listed on ebay.

I also tried looking for a coupon code to ease the potential pain, but no dice on that either. :(

edit: i did some more ebay checking and I found an adapter! but it's more money than what madcatz is asking for! :(

i-Jest

I don't think that's the reasoning. At first the promotion was to offer the LE at the same price as the regular edition. Then it switched to having a 20$ gift card offered with the game but at full price. There was a mistake where the game was offered at 20$ off on top of the rest.

My guess is that they printed way too many LE for the game and that it isn't popular enough to clear their warehouse of stock.

Well whatever the reason I got me an expensive item at a discount. I'm happy.

levemir

Banned
I'm new to Canada and thinking of getting a subscription to a game rental service. Needs to have the newest gen games. Have you guys tried any, if so which do you recommend? I'm in Toronto if it makes any difference. Thanks!

khaaan

I'm new to Canada and thinking of getting a subscription to a game rental service. Needs to have the newest gen games. Have you guys tried any, if so which do you recommend? I'm in Toronto if it makes any difference. Thanks!

I don't even know if those exist here. There's GameAccess but I did a quick google only to find a lot of people complaining about how GameAccess is fraudulently taking money or threatening to sue.

i-Jest

Game Acess (which was already said) and these guys I guess: http://irentmygames.ca/

I don't know how good they are so do your research.

You better off buying your games from Kijiji for cheap, renting is not really that popular here in Canada so you probably won't find the best service you want! Just saying :)

lupinko

Unfortunately most of the video stores closed down the major ones like Blockbuster or Rogers Video. So you only have mom and pop shops or those red boxes.

Top Bottom