• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

For people still looking for Infamous, shop.ca still has it for preorder at $60 and you can use a $10 off coupon to bring it down a little bit, only if you're willing to deal with their crappy service!

Lexxism

For people still looking for Infamous, shop.ca still has it for preorder at $60 and you can use a $10 off coupon to bring it down a little bit, only if you're willing to deal with their crappy service!

Luckily, I never had that much problem with them. I'll probably buy a MLB 2k14 from them since I can get it as cheap as $35! Not bad when you compare it to other stores selling it for 69.99+ tax :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Amazon.ca always uses Canada Post for me and I never changed my address in any way.
Do you live in the city with the warehouse? That's probably why. With my parents, they get Canada Post, with me, I always get UPS.

I tried that with two oversized orders and both are on their way with Canada post, yay don't have to deal with UPS :D
So what do you put in the PO Box number? Would Canada Post screw it up and somehow send it to the wrong place?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You picked pretty much one of the worst locations in Ottawa for games. The other location on Merivale has a ton, and pretty much every location in the east end (downtown, Montreal Road, and Ogilvie) all carry decent stock.
I'll try the two Carling locations next time around. East end and downtown are a little out of the way on weekends

Luckily, I never had that much problem with them. I'll probably buy a MLB 2k14 from them since I can get it as cheap as $35! Not bad when you compare it to other stores selling it for 69.99+ tax :lol

I know, it only gets ugly if you needed any kind of customer service, returns, exchanges or anything other than basic transactions!
I still have $10 off rewards credit that I might use on any game but not Infamous since I have it for $40 from E3 deal and another CE from Amazon!

So what do you put in the PO Box number? Would Canada Post screw it up and somehow send it to the wrong place?

You just put your house number again in the PO Box line, still you better leave your full address as it is!

i-Jest

shit. now I'm sad

Yup. Considering what it goes for, I got it at a bargain I guess. You might already be aware but gamestop's 2nd print run doesn't include the same goodies the original print run did.

Logo and everything.

Funny to note that it has the Canadian flag in the Ebates logo on it but the postage stamp says it came from the states. Canadian return address though!

Coming from the states? Well I guess that explains the wait.

Tapejara

Hey guys, are Radeon R9 290 cards supposed to be around the $700-$800 range? I remember reading in another thread that they were getting marked up due to bitcoins, but I was curious if that affected Canadian prices as well. So, yeah, is it just inflation or is that what they're supposed to be selling at?

ohlawd

Yup. Considering what it goes for, I got it at a bargain I guess. You might already be aware but gamestop's 2nd print run doesn't include the same goodies the original print run did.

Coming from the states? Well I guess that explains the wait.
as long as the disc is intact, I'm good.

they can send me a piss drenched case for all I care.

Sylwest

Futureshop has a promotion for South Park: The Stick Of Truth Grand Wizard Edition at right now. The price is currently set to $64.99 but there's a $20.00 giftcard promotion (will be applied to the order), so you can get the game for $44.99 (plus taxes)

PS3 version
Xbox 360 version

It's a great deal since Best Buy shot the price up to 84.99 (and it's sold out now).

i-Jest

If anyone is looking for a sealed copy of Xenoblade Chronicles, VGP has a few in-stock for $69.99.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19956

I already own a copy, but for those that don't, please purchase it. Please.

It was already mentioned but a reminder never hurt anyone. I also have a copy (apart of my backlog). Just recently got a wii mote to go with my classic controller pro. Gonna get on this bitch when school work isn't piled up anymore.

EDIT:

Futureshop has a promotion for South Park: The Stick Of Truth Grand Wizard Edition at right now. The price is currently set to $64.99 but there's a $20.00 giftcard promotion (will be applied to the order), so you can get the game for $44.99 (plus taxes)

PS3 version
Xbox 360 version

It's a great deal since Best Buy shot the price up to 84.99 (and it's sold out now).

Holy hell. They really did make to many CE versions since this is happening. I guess they had to find some way to clear stock. All things considered, it had to happen. No ones gonna buy $70 games on release day consistently.

PS3 version
Xbox 360 version

I'm hoping the PC version goes back in stock.

I wonder if this is an error. Maybe it should be at $84.99 now with a $20 discount. I'd jump on this ASAP.

Edit: We're about to need a new thread.

Median

PS3 version
Xbox 360 version

Whoa, cheers!

PS3 version
Xbox 360 version

OK, that was enough for me. I couldn't hold off any longer and preordered. Thanks!

Anyway, YMMV, but the Halifax Costco had the Disney Infinity starter packs for $30, down from $75. They only had PS3 and Wii U, though. I picked one up for by brother and his girlfriend who are huge disney fans.

Zing

Banned
I was just considering jumping in with a PS4 to compliment my Wii U. This $70 price shit has me second guessing. I am barely interested in paying $60. I buy Nintendo games day one because I know they are worth it, but I'd end up waiting for a price drop on PS4 games for sure.

MarkusRJR

PS3 version
Xbox 360 version

FUCK! I literally bought this yesterday night, and now there's a $20 gift card offer on top of that? So angry at myself for not waiting. :(

Proc

PS3 version
Xbox 360 version

Thanks! Saved another $20 on my preorder. Just canceled the first one and resubmitted with this deal.

Fuck it! Cancelled my PC order at Best Buy for $64.99 and ordered the PS3 version for $44.99 at FS.

I mean, this isn't a graphical masterpiece.

farisr

My brother's copy of DKTF still hasn't shipped from Future Shop. He ordered it June 12 2013...

Looks like Futureshop's "E3 preorder customers are 2nd tier" policy continues. Already had this happen to me with 4 games. I wouldn't be surprised if inFAMOUS ships out 2 weeks after its release for me.

Anteros

Neo Member

PS3 version
Xbox 360 version

Thanks for posting. I had the regular edition pre-ordered but I'm going to cancel it and get this.

This game looks awesome.

explodet

PS3 version sold out, 360 version still looks to be available.

Are they simply loaded with a ton of copies and they're just not moving? I don't understand how the price could plummet like this.

i-Jest

PS3 version sold out, 360 version still looks to be available.

Are they simply loaded with a ton of copies and they're just not moving? I don't understand how the price could plummet like this.

They were going to $64.99. After taxes that's probably 70ish. Point is, people weren't buying in all likely hood. They had to move stock somehow.

This better be a lesson to FS/BB. These price hikes need to stop. Most people are just going to wait for games to go on sale, buy them used or both.

Top Bottom