• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Lets see which E3 pre-order game gets released the furthest into the future......I had Bioshock Infinite pre-ordered for 20 months or so

The Last Guardian.
Hi Michael:

Just to let you know your pre-order items(s) are currently awaiting the release date. We'll send you a Shipment Notice email as soon as the inventory is ready.

This order contains
Items(s) currently on order: Release date

Order date: 07 Jun 2012, 14:33:23

The Last Guardian (PlayStation 3) 31 Dec, 2013
Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 3) 17 Sep, 2013
Last Of Us (PlayStation 3) 14 Jun, 2013
:(

MarkusRJR

I found a few Best Buy gift cards in my room after cleaning up. Probably about $100 pooled together between the 4 or 6 cards. Does their website let you combine all of the balances onto an account or something? I'm interested in picking up a few games online but none of my cards individually would be enough? I've only ever used them in-store and have never touched their online store.

Anyone know?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I found a few Best Buy gift cards in my room after cleaning up. Probably about $100 pooled together between the 4 or 6 cards. Does their website let you combine all of the balances onto an account or something? I'm interested in picking up a few games online but none of my cards individually would be enough? I've only ever used them in-store and have never touched their online store.

Anyone know?

I think you can add a maximum of 2 or 3 for a single purchase. Maybe if you go in store they could combine them into one.

Hold the phone...

Halo 4 has been removed from the list at Future Shop.

New Super Mario Bros. U still exists though.

zroid

Banned
Hold the phone...

Halo 4 has been removed from the list at Future Shop.

New Super Mario Bros. U still exists though.

Haha...

I guess because they're selling it for $20 NEW. At least $15 NSMBU is limited to pre-owned inventory.

by the way, I made a thread for Nintendo's upcoming cross-canada tour this summer, if anyone's interested

isny

napkin dispenser
Haha...

I guess because they're selling it for $20 NEW. At least $15 NSMBU is limited to pre-owned inventory.

by the way, I made a thread for Nintendo's upcoming cross-canada tour this summer, if anyone's interested

It looks like they'll be handing out Luigi merch at both the tour and the E3 events.

Has anyone ever preordered or purchased anything at Future Shop that had a "$10 off a purchase in the next month" promotion? I preordered both Donkey Kong and Resident Evil and they both had that promotion. But I never got an email with a code.

Was I supposed to get emails with codes? Or does that come in June? When I try to talk to Future Shop about it they just keep telling me to wait while they investigate. They've told me to "wait 2 business days while we investigate your missing codes" like 3 times or something now.

Hmmm, I still haven't gotten mine. It's supposed to be a separate e-mail now is it? Any response from them yet?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I got Bioshock Infinite used for $25 at futureshop (great price for a 2 months old game!), but the box is full of glue residue because of the huge sticker on the back of the box. I never thought I'd say this, but it's worse than EBgames' stickers... Any easy way to remove this...? I'm really obsessive with my game collection.

By the way, I haven't tried if the game works yet; have I made a mistake by removing the sticker? Will they still allow me to return it if there's a problem?

In retrospect, I really should've paid the $5 difference for a new copy. :p

isny

napkin dispenser
I got Bioshock Infinite used for $25 at futureshop (great price for a 2 months old game!), but the box is full of glue residue because of the huge sticker on the back of the box. I never thought I'd say this, but it's worse than EBgames' stickers... Any easy way to remove this...? I'm really obsessive with my game collection.

By the way, I haven't tried if the game works yet; have I made a mistake by removing the sticker? Will they still allow me to return it if there's a problem?

Goo Gone.

Chatin

Absolutely lol
Any game that's scheduled for Dec 31st means not going to happen, probably ever lol
Beyond is also scheduled for Dec 31st, and that is expected to be released at some point.

My depressing preorder reminders are for TLG and Star Wars 1313.. :(

isny

napkin dispenser
Beyond is also scheduled for Dec 31st, and that is expected to be released at some point.

My depressing preorder reminders are for TLG and Star Wars 1313.. :(

I've had Smash Brothers for the 3DS pre-ordered since June 2011...lol

Kazerei

Banned

I know what sticker you're talking about, heh. I managed to remove the sticker the slow way.

1. Empty the box and take out the paper boxart
2. Soak it in hot water for 10-15 minutes
3. Rub off the sticker with your fingers
4. Dry it off with a towel
5. Lift the adhesive off with some regular Scotch tape

Or just buy some Goo Gone at Canadian Tire

frequency

Hmmm, I still haven't gotten mine. It's supposed to be a separate e-mail now is it? Any response from them yet?

No response yet but when I look at the Future Shop forum, there was a thread about the the same kind of promotion in January. People didn't get the code email until February 5. So I think maybe an email with a code would come sometime early June?

Edit: Oh it's June 1 now. So maybe in a few days? I'm going to try emailing again on Monday or Tuesday.

I ended up buying both Gears of War: Judgement and Halo 4. Thanks for the heads up on the deals.

When I was at Futureshop I also found Magical Starsign for $5.

Are there any good deals on 3ds games, I just bought one and I looking for games, I really want to play Zelda but don't wanna shovel out $40.

isny

napkin dispenser
Are there any good deals on 3ds games, I just bought one and I looking for games, I really want to play Zelda but don't wanna shovel out $40.

SDM still has Zelda for $19.99 if you can find one. Actually, they should have all Pokemon titles, Zelda, and Mario Tennis all for $19.99 (despite not necessarily being marked as such in store, just get them to scan the titles and they'll come up at the discounted price.)

Steel Diver can be had for a few bucks by buying at EB or PM'ing.

http://www.ebgames.ca/3ds/games/steel-diver-3ds/309050

Same with Pilotwings.

http://www.ebgames.ca/3ds/games/pilotwings-resort-3ds/308583

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Goo Gone.
Pfft, Olive Oil works better and everyone already has it in their home. Just use soapy water to get rid of the smell afterward.

Waaaaait, the GAF doc hits today? Please tell me we have some Canadian GAF representation in it? =D

http://kotaku.com/so-these-are-the-people-who-post-on-neogaf-510774707
Crewnh of Toronto-GAF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq9imySF1sQ&t=1m27s

Kind of random but I want to upload a DJ set that I made today so my friends can download it, it's 225Mo. What is a good site for that? Anything that host files of that size and won't remove it overnight!

Thanks!

So I just picked this Lexar S23 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive((up to 100MB/s read and 55MB/s write).

lexar-media-ljds23-64gasbna.jpg

64GB - $29.99
32GB - 18.99

64GB is retailing at $99.99 at amazon.com. Not sure if it is a price error but I think it is one hell of a deal with those speeds.

Oh, it is the same price at both Best Buy and Future. Make sure the model number is S23 and not the S70.

So I just picked this Lexar S23 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive((up to 100MB/s read and 55MB/s write).

lexar-media-ljds23-64gasbna.jpg

64GB - $29.99
32GB - 18.99

64GB is retailing at $99.99 at amazon.com. Not sure if it is a price error but I think it is one hell of a deal with those speeds.

Oh, it is the same price at both Best Buy and Future. Make sure the model number is S23 and not the S70.

How about the S73? cause that's the only one in stock now!
Ugh RFDers must have ordered truck loads of that!!

iphys

Glad I unloaded my NSMBU for $40 last week, as I can't imagine they'll keep it on their trade list long if it's $15 now.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Hello, Future Shop is going to have another $40 trade-in 1 because it was terribly successful.
Hang onto your Mario Bros. U.

The trade-in value is $5 today in Ottawa.
It is also on the trade 2 $60.

Hello, Future Shop is going to have another $40 trade-in 1 because it was terribly successful.
Hang onto your Mario Bros. U.

The trade-in value is $5 today in Ottawa.
It is also on the trade 2 $60.

Is Luigis Mansion 2 on the list? It's crazy that it came out less than 3 months ago and it's not even on there

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They'll probably do Trade 1 for $40 in a few weeks, when the new Animal Crossing is out.

The head office is thinking right after or during E3.

Is Luigis Mansion 2 on the list? It's crazy that it came out less than 3 months ago and it's not even on there

The list I glanced at was the one available to you online. Currently, Luigi's Mansion is on the Trade 2 for 60.
No word on the upcoming list.

Nu Mario Bros U will for sure be on the trade 1 for 40 because it is THE BEST game on Wii-U, according to Future Shop.

It sure as hell beats Nintendo Land.

Also, Starsign DS jRPG is 4.95, and FF2 PSP is 4.95, many titles are on clearance.
Get your butts over there!

Metroid: Other M, a game I purchased for 9.99 at Wal-mart, is now $75.00 there.

Dazzler

Thanks for the heads-up on the Walmart $30 pricing on some pretty recent games. Picked up Bioshock and Tomb Raider off their site tonight.

Top Bottom