• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

iphys

1. Do these points expire after redeeming the points? (I think BB last for like 5 months)
2. How long do they convert these points to reward value(or whatever they call it)? (90 days I think for BB)

The points won't expire unless you fail to earn any for 12 consecutive months, so you can carry them as long as you keep earning some. It's not like BB where they give you gift certificates that you then spend. You do the redemption right when you go to check out with your merchandise, you can only do one redemption per transaction (and 2 per day max), and if you don't have enough merchandise for the amount you elect to redeem for, you lose that part of your redemption for good and can't save it for later. So if you redeem for the top values, you've actually got to have that much stuff you want to buy all at once.

There's a 20x happening at Shoppers on Saturday.

Thanks for the heads up, I may pick a premium WiiU for my son, he's been bugging me for one and I already have a used copy of NSMBU from that FS 15$ price drop! So all I'd want is a good deal for Lego City Undercover :)
Do you guys think it's a good idea, or should I wait for a price drop?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
You talking about the FutureShop/BestBuy E3 promotion?

Why don't you call their customer service and explain your situation.

Never mind if it is some Nintendo exclusive promotion.

Call them and won't give me the E3 discount. Lesson learned: NEVER CANCEL A GOOD PREORDER.

Even if you can't pay it.

That's what I did, it took 2 minutes for the CSR to help me change it over the phone.

Same here, it took me much more time to get the option of talking to a CSR :( So confusing, each option ends up telling some lame info or telling you to go online and do what you want!
btw I can't find any reference for that 20X points on Saturday, anybody does?

Does anyone know if The Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection is in limited print. I received during the e3 pre order but I wouldn't mind returning it If I could get it cheaper later on

iphys

Thanks for the heads up, I may pick a premium WiiU for my son, he's been bugging me for one and I already have a used copy of NSMBU from that FS 15$ price drop! So all I'd want is a good deal for Lego City Undercover :)
Do you guys think it's a good idea, or should I wait for a price drop?

It's a great deal, and I doubt there will be a price drop any time soon. The Deluxe and Lego City are both advertised in the flyer at regular price, so they should have them both in stock. Try to go early in the day though, as stock is usually limited. Use the points from the Deluxe to get Lego City Undercover or buy it to earn the 20x points on it.

Edit: Just noticed they have a Saturday special on the 3DS XL for $160. With the 20x points that's a great deal!

It's a great deal, and I doubt there will be a price drop any time soon. The Deluxe and Lego City are both advertised in the flyer at regular price, so they should have them both in stock. Try to go early in the day though, as stock is usually limited. Use the points from the Deluxe to get Lego City Undercover or buy it to earn the 20x points on it.

Edit: Just noticed they have a Saturday special on the 3DS XL for $160. With the 20x points that's a great deal!

I think I'll get the WiiU then, the 3DS is tempting at this price as well but I'm not sure I wanna buy both at the same time. Not sure either if I'm gonna redeem any points toward the WiiU or just make full use of the 20X!

Sora_N

Has the XL been any lower than that? May pick one up for my gf at that price.

EDIT: Do you have a source? I don't see it on the flyer I found.

Anyone who's interested in Killzone Mercenary for Vita should check this deal out on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_194960_30886630_pe_button/?docId=1001270381&ie=UTF8

Essentially, it looks like you get Soul Sacrifice at a 30 dollar discount. Being that it's already discounted to $29.99, you'll just be paying for GST. NOTE: I placed an order and didn't see the discount applied but I've checked with customer service and someone is due to get back to me within a day or so. I'll keep this post updated.

Well. They shipped my Soul Sacrifice and gave me approximately $9 in discount on it. Need to email them to find out what the fuck is going on? I assume the rest is on Killzone. This is an oddly handled promotion.

Anyone who's interested in Killzone Mercenary for Vita should check this deal out on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_194960_30886630_pe_button/?docId=1001270381&ie=UTF8

Essentially, it looks like you get Soul Sacrifice at a 30 dollar discount. Being that it's already discounted to $29.99, you'll just be paying for GST. NOTE: I placed an order and didn't see the discount applied but I've checked with customer service and someone is due to get back to me within a day or so. I'll keep this post updated.
Well. They shipped my Soul Sacrifice and gave me approximately $9 in discount on it. Need to email them to find out what the fuck is going on? I assume the rest is on Killzone. This is an oddly handled promotion.
I had an email in my inbox this a.m. saying they have given me $10 promotional certificate that I can use on my next Amazon order. I'm okay with that because I wanted both games, I would buy Killzone on release, and I'm in no hurry to pick up Soul Sacrifice because of my current backlog, so getting SS free with Killzone shipped in September is fine with me... I used Super Saver shipping so my total cost will be $56.30 for Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary and a $10 promotional certificate from Amazon.

I had an email in my inbox this a.m. saying they have given me $10 promotional certificate that I can use on my next Amazon order. I'm okay with that because I wanted both games, I would buy Killzone on release, and I'm in no hurry to pick up Soul Sacrifice because of my current backlog, so getting SS free with Killzone shipped in September is fine with me... I used Super Saver shipping so my total cost will be $56.30 for Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary and a $10 promotional certificate from Amazon.

Just sent them an email about this too. Seems really odd. Hope I get the extra $10 in credit.

iphys

Yup. It was $150 last boxing day.

$160 with 20x points works out to a far better deal than $150 anywhere else though. You'll get 31800 points, which minimally would get you $30 + $10 in redemptions, but more like $65 if you accumulate points for a bonus redemption.

It's in the narrow yellow Saturday special section of the flyer.

Grrr, I'd totally buy an XL at SDM this weekend if the colors weren't ass! Want to upgrade to an XL but I'm not willing to buy the crap versions NOA has put forth thusfar. The Animal Crossing version was cool but I was a dumbass and didn't preorder it, which caused me to lose out on it.

Fularu

Banned
Grrr, I'd totally buy an XL at SDM this weekend if the colors weren't ass! Want to upgrade to an XL but I'm not willing to buy the crap versions NOA has put forth thusfar. The Animal Crossing version was cool but I was a dumbass and didn't preorder it, which caused me to lose out on it.
Pink is amazing

And all white on the inside. So sexy!

Merguson

Banned
Not a bad deal for a 3DS xl.. now to find a shoppers that carries the system.. because in the ones I frequent I've never seen any gaming stuff..

Yep. I'm still waiting to hear back from customer support as NO discount was applied and I'm due to receive this today. Looks like someone borked this discount up royally!

Not a bad deal for a 3DS xl.. now to find a shoppers that carries the system.. because in the ones I frequent I've never seen any gaming stuff..

That's the main problem with SDM, finding a store that carries gaming goods!

Any tips of SDM stores in Calgary frequently carrying gaming stuff?

iphys

If you've never seen them in person, they aren't as fisher price as they look in the pictures. They have a metallic sheen, so they don't look plastic: the blue one is especially nice. But yeah, if there were an all-black or a silver one, I'd be all over this deal.

If you've never seen them in person, they aren't as fisher price as they look in the pictures. They have a metallic sheen, so they don't look plastic: the blue one is especially nice. But yeah, if there were an all-black or a silver one, I'd be all over this deal.

Yellow Pikachu or bust.

Sora_N

$160 with 20x points works out to a far better deal than $150 anywhere else though. You'll get 31800 points, which minimally would get you $30 + $10 in redemptions, but more like $65 if you accumulate points for a bonus redemption.

It's in the narrow yellow Saturday special section of the flyer.

Thanks, gotta scout out a pink XL then. :)

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Future Shop didn't want to waste any time when it comes to messing up my E3 preorders. No word on my copy of Brave New World yet. No order shipment confirmation and the order page doesn't say anything other than "scheduled for ground shipment". It's not supposed to come with anything else either so they shouldn't be waiting to group it with another item.

And to think I managed to get all of my E3 orders last year without any issues.

jcutner

Oh man... a $160 3DS XL might get me on board for Animal Crossing....

My first DS was the fat red one with the Mario Kart bundle. I gave it to my cousin with a loaded R4, and I haven't seen it since :(

What games have I missed out on, if I do get the 3DS?

Lexxism

^ Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion etc

The points won't expire unless you fail to earn any for 12 consecutive months, so you can carry them as long as you keep earning some. It's not like BB where they give you gift certificates that you then spend. You do the redemption right when you go to check out with your merchandise, you can only do one redemption per transaction (and 2 per day max), and if you don't have enough merchandise for the amount you elect to redeem for, you lose that part of your redemption for good and can't save it for later. So if you redeem for the top values, you've actually got to have that much stuff you want to buy all at once.

Ah, I see. This is much better. Now, my problem will be finding a SDM store where they sell consoles.

FireVoa

Wait, what's this $30 eShop thing?

Register the Club Nintendo code with Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV and you'll receive a $30 eShop credit on your account. The deal works with previously bought copies of FE:A as well. You just need to have both codes registered.

Sora_N

I'm trying hard to justify not getting the artbook for $10 more, but I can't do it. The artbook seems really nice and the packaging is great on the whole LE bundle. I preordered a copy off BB, just in case...

Neki

I'm trying to change the shipping and payment info on my E3 orders but the order total keeps changing before I want to confirm. I'm really scared of going through with it and losing my money off. xD

I'm trying to change the shipping and payment info on my E3 orders but the order total keeps changing before I want to confirm. I'm really scared of going through with it and losing my money off. xD

Call them and they will do it for you, don't screw your preorder otherwise they probably won't give you that discount back!

Neki

Call them and they will do it for you, don't screw your preorder otherwise they probably won't give you that discount back!

Bleh all the stuff is under my parents name right now because my future shop account wasn't working at the time, so I have to change the shipping address (they're leaving town for a month) to my name and I have to change the credit card info to mine. What kind of info would I need for them to switch it?

dream

Got Friday's Future Shop flyer early again. Nothing really good though, other than Gears of War Judgment for $29.99.

No_Style

That credit offer is fantastic. It even has me considering SMTIV even though I have no interest in it.

Then I checked out trailers & gameplay demonstrations and said: no thanks.

BUT it got me to take a second look which is genius

ohlawd

SMTIV has Press Turn; the greatest battle system ever created.

And it's a nice change of pace compared to the wack ass games released in a while.

Top Bottom